The Student Room Group

AQA MPC2 (Core 2) Exam June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by ryanboi
Yeah whatever man, no point arguing over it. I don't get why you trying to make such easy question so complicated?

will see who gets the complicated marks
Got to say that was the hardest maths paper I have ever done.I did every core2 paper and so was expecting maybe 1 question like what we saw in that exam-yet a good 3 real hard questions came up

First of all I barely finished in time-so what were aqa thinking!
Couldn't do 9c mainly because it was so confusing
Think i dropped 59 using the various marks from folks

Gotta say aqa are following the "make papers a lot harder" approach
Core1 last in january was pretty tough to be honest in comparison to past years
(The grade boundary was 60-which reflected the difficulty well)

Maybe its just the way they are going
I reckon 58/75 for an A based on the jan c1 gbs

If someone could upload a paper that would be very useful :biggrin:
Reply 422
does anyone have the paper on them < if so can they post it pleaseeeee
Original post by brittanna
Does anyone have copy of the paper or the last few questions?

Yes I do
Original post by Jarred
I wouldn't worry yourselves guys. The grade boundaries will be absolutely amazingly low and in my belief, that's usually a great thing, at least for stronger students. Though it's not so great for the weaker ones.

I sat this exam a year ago, didn't do it today. My paper was JUN11, I left out at least 4 marks and got the final part of a reasonably large question completely wrong but came out with 100 UMS because people found it hard. This will probably happen to a lot of y'all, hope it does. Hope you all do well.

Anyway, I'm only coming on this thread because I've heard from people how bad the paper was and wanted to have a bit of a snoop around. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the make-up of the harder questions/ Ie: how many marks the questions had. I was told that they didn't guide you through the process, so am I right in stipulating that there was a 9 marker? Maybe a couple of 7 markers? An 8 marker maybe?

I'm trying to work out what direction they're going to take with the C3/C4 papers with respect to how the questions are broken up, things changed big time in January this year and I'm wondering to what extent it's continuing into this season. Cheers.

6 marker and loads of 4's
Original post by x_Raman_96
Yes I do

Would it be possible for you to upload a scan of the paper or write down what the last few (most difficult) questions. There might be a little bit of rep in it for you (if I have any left for today) :smile:.
Does no one have a copy of the paper that they are willing to upload? :frown:
If a copy of the paper isn't put up over the weekend I'll ask my maths teacher for a copy next week and upload it for you all :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 428
in january 2012 i got 60/75 which was 71 UMS, which is basically a really low B.
and the A grade was something like 66/75 which is really high, with those sort of boundries you can only mess up like 4-5 mark to get 90+ UMS
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 429
Original post by ReTurd
in june 2011 i got 60/75 which was 71 UMS, which is basically a really low B.
and the A grade was something like 66/75 which is really high, with those sort of boundries you can only mess up like 4-5 mark to get 90+ UMS

Aren't you talking about Jan 2012? That was 66 for an A.

June 2011 was 54 for an A i think
Reply 430
Original post by J10
Aren't you talking about Jan 2012? That was 66 for an A.

June 2011 was 54 for an A i think

yeah, my mistake
Original post by ashton.gibbs
If a copy of the paper isn't put up over the weekend I'll ask my maths teacher for a copy next week and upload it for you all :smile:

I don't suppose you have the paper yet do you?
Original post by brittanna
I don't suppose you have the paper yet do you?

I have maths in morning so I'll get one tomorrow:smile:

I've got a paper, I'll scan it when I get home from sixth form:smile:

Original post by ashton.gibbs
Sorry everyone, didn't realise my dad had got rid of my scanner! So I've had to do the pictures on my phone! Hope they're okay everyone :smile:

Thanks very much Ashton :smile: I reckon I dropped about 18 worst case scenario which I guess ain't too bad -I did want that A but I will accept how hard this paper was and that getting a B in it is still reasonable

I do have hope as I thought this about our core1 paper and thought similar things-and got an A there-so fingers crossed
Reply 436
Thanks Ashton
I think I might have actually got full marks for Q8 :O
But lost all marks for Q7 and lost 8 marks for 8cii and 8ciii :frown:
Probably totalled 58/75
Would you have the C1 paper by any chance?
Original post by lixie95
Is this C2 may/june 2012 paper?

Yeah :smile:

Original post by fizzbizz
Thanks Ashton
I think I might have actually got full marks for Q8 :O
But lost all marks for Q7 and lost 8 marks for 8cii and 8ciii :frown:
Probably totalled 58/75
Would you have the C1 paper by any chance?

Nooo sorry! I didn't think to ask for it cos I didn't sit it! I might be able to get hold of it on Friday! And 58 is still an awesome mark :biggrin:

Original post by KING2011BOB
Thanks very much Ashton :smile: I reckon I dropped about 18 worst case scenario which I guess ain't too bad -I did want that A but I will accept how hard this paper was and that getting a B in it is still reasonable

I do have hope as I thought this about our core1 paper and thought similar things-and got an A there-so fingers crossed

I think I've actually done really well, but I hate to think that cos it means I'll be so easily disappointed if I don't :P
And grade boundaries might be low so don't you be giving up on that A yet:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending