The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Anyone 'firmed' surrey uni for september 2012 start??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by becky964
Ahh right not too far away then :smile:
Are you finishing college or working? I'm finishing my A2 year currently :smile:

Same here - finishing my A2
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 61
Yep)Firmed Surrey for International Hospitality Management)Too happy!:clap2:
Reply 62
I've just firmed Surrey for Electronic Engineering - very excited! :smile:
Reply 63
anyone firmed for nursing? :smile:
When's freshers week?
Reply 65
Original post by Catherine:)
When's freshers week?

It's not been officially announced yet, but it'll be the week following the moving in weekend, which is the 22nd and 23rd of September, so freshers week will be 22nd-30th September.
Original post by Dan1909
It's not been officially announced yet, but it'll be the week following the moving in weekend, which is the 22nd and 23rd of September, so freshers week will be 22nd-30th September.

Cool ok, thanks :smile:
Reply 67
firmed for Media Studies :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by CMarie

Ive Firmed Unconditional Paramedic Practice so will be in some of your lectures lol
Original post by CMarie

im a nurse atm :smile: let me know if u have any questions x
Original post by lovetobounce
im a nurse atm :smile: let me know if u have any questions x

Hey, I'm hoping to come to Surrey in September to do mental health nursing and have tons of questions!
Do you think it would be useful to have a car in the first year?
Is it beneficial to be on campus first year?
When do clinical placements start?
Does Surrey uni have a good nightlife?
I'll start off with these to start haha
Thanks so much xx
Original post by CMarie

Yes :biggrin:
Mental health you?
Original post by EmmaGoldsmith
Hey, I'm hoping to come to Surrey in September to do mental health nursing and have tons of questions!
Do you think it would be useful to have a car in the first year?
Is it beneficial to be on campus first year?
When do clinical placements start?
Does Surrey uni have a good nightlife?
I'll start off with these to start haha
Thanks so much xx

Hello.
I wouldn't reccommend bringing a car, as when you have lectures you are on campus and it is very easy to get to :smile:
I personally love being on campus, your in the heart of things and the essential places are within 5 minutes of all accommodation, so i would say yes.
This year my placements started at the beginning of february.
Guildford has a good nightlife and there is always student offers on, the union is also good on a wednesday and friday night and is on campus so not far to walk.
Hope that helps :smile: x
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for Firming Surrey - we look forward to welcoming you here in September! :smile:

Just so you are all aware, for the rest of this week we are running a Q&A session on TSR - if anyone has any questions about the university or their course they'd like answered before you arrive then now would be a great time to ask us.

If you do have anything you'd like to know, please pop over to the Q&A thread and we'd be more than happy to help!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2007623

- Alex
Good choice people :biggrin: Wish you could all see how pretty campus is at the moment <3
Original post by lilangel890
Good choice people :biggrin: Wish you could all see how pretty campus is at the moment <3

The campus was heavenly last summer... I miss campus. I mean placement years are wonderful and all, but this office is just blurgh. Can't wait to get back!
Reply 76
Original post by EEngWillow
The campus was heavenly last summer... I miss campus. I mean placement years are wonderful and all, but this office is just blurgh. Can't wait to get back!

Exactly what I'm thinking right now! At a very nice site for my placement, but it's just... not uni.

Not long to go now! :biggrin:
Original post by Dan1909
Exactly what I'm thinking right now! At a very nice site for my placement, but it's just... not uni.

Not long to go now! :biggrin:

28 working days for me I think! Not that I'm counting... :colondollar:
Reply 78
Original post by EEngWillow
28 working days for me I think! Not that I'm counting... :colondollar:

Little bit longer for me, as I extended my placement till the end of August. Extra pay though! :biggrin:

Then a massive two weeks of summer holiday before uni :biggrin:
Original post by becky964
Hey,
I'm coming from Somerset :smile: what about you? Are you going to be livin in halls?

Hi! I'm, also from Somerset (Taunton) but I'm doing Law! Will be nice to know someone from the same area!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending