The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by al0
Do you actually do the papers first and then mark them or do you just read through the mark schemes and revise them?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

I fill in all the answers from the mark scheme on the first past paper then revise them. Then on the following papers i'll try and do it by myself and if i come across any new questions not asked in the first then i'll refer back to the mark scheme etc./
Reply 21
Original post by Xiomn
I fill in all the answers from the mark scheme on the first past paper then revise them. Then on the following papers i'll try and do it by myself and if i come across any new questions not asked in the first then i'll refer back to the mark scheme etc./

Thanks, that's a really good way of revising via past papers and I'll apply that to most of my exams now! Thank you.

Reply 22
I'm doing OCR ict. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about entity relationships? I'm struggling a tad with them, I understand one to many etc etc. But what I need to know is that, if the table contains a foreign key is that always the many part of the one to many relationship? For example if I have customer ID in customer table, and I wanted to link it to Employee ID, customer ID inside of employee table, would the employee table be the many link? Many thanks!

found it nvm
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by CraziiFreak
which board?
I do AQA, doing A2 currently but re-taking one of the AS unit.
I have exam on 25th may, Info 1.

I'm AQA as well. Doing info 1 friday and Info 2 tuesday.:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by al0
Do you actually do the papers first and then mark them or do you just read through the mark schemes and revise them?

I usually do the papers first then mark them.
Reply 25
Can someone send me the link for these past papers please for OCR
Reply 26
Original post by Williams95
Can someone send me the link for these past papers please for OCR

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/ict_tec/ict/documents/
Reply 27
Original post by sahajkaur
Quite a few, the mark schemes are really mean :frown:

Have you seen the Jan 2012 paper? WOW that was hard!! When I saw the two eleven mark questions I was like wow :\ Ended up getting a B going for an A on Friday :biggrin: What are you aiming for?
Original post by James3110
Have you seen the Jan 2012 paper? WOW that was hard!! When I saw the two eleven mark questions I was like wow :\ Ended up getting a B going for an A on Friday :biggrin: What are you aiming for?

An A :biggrin: hopefully, got a B in the mock though :/ No i haven't but we should only get 1 11 marks questions right :O
Reply 29
An A :biggrin: hopefully, got a B in the mock though :/ No i haven't but we should only get 1 11 marks questions right :O

I thought that aswell before I sat the Jan paper haha !! I'm sure they wouldn't do it twice in a row? :P I hate all the legislations except DPA and CMA -_- You should really see that paper though it was quite different than usual, so maybe it may be similar? :smile:
I thought that aswell before I sat the Jan paper haha !! I'm sure they wouldn't do it twice in a row? :P I hate all the legislations except DPA and CMA -_- You should really see that paper though it was quite different than usual, so maybe it may be similar? :smile:

I've got so many exams this week so I'm revising for ICT the night before literally :'( can you link me to it? :colondollar:
Reply 31
I've got so many exams this week so I'm revising for ICT the night before literally :'( can you link me to it? :colondollar:

I'm doing the exact same, it will be my sixth exam this week :frown: Oops I don't have it, sorry :colondollar: I'll try and find it! Are you in year 12 by the way?
-I have a paper copy though so I could tell you the harder questions?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm doing the exact same, it will be my sixth exam this week :frown: Oops I don't have it, sorry :colondollar: I'll try and find it! Are you in year 12 by the way?

No I'm in year 11, at our school we got the option to not do ICT gcse and do AS if we wanted (bad bad choice :frown: ) you?
Reply 33
No I'm in year 11, at our school we got the option to not do ICT gcse and do AS if we wanted (bad bad choice :frown: ) you?

Hmmm interesting ... same here :wink: but at my school it was compulsory to do gcse ICT starting in year 8 and then if we did well we had the option to pick it instead of a gcse subject(bad bad choice) :tongue:
Hmmm interesting ... same here :wink: but at my school it was compulsory to do gcse ICT starting in year 8 and then if we did well we had the option to pick it instead of a gcse subject(bad bad choice) :tongue:

How peculiar :biggrin: Ho w have you been doing on past papers so far?
Reply 35
How peculiar :biggrin: Ho w have you been doing on past papers so far?

They don't really help me because I did most of them in preparation for January, so i know the answers for the questions already haha .. I did a few and got quite high like 94/120 in one(well high for me :colondollar:) so hopefully I can get that A seeing as most of the time it is 75ish :biggrin: How about you?? (I hate the subject so much it's sooo boring :\)
They don't really help me because I did most of them in preparation for January, so i know the answers for the questions already haha .. I did a few and got quite high like 94/120 in one(well high for me :colondollar:) so hopefully I can get that A seeing as most of the time it is 75ish :biggrin: How about you?? (I hate the subject so much it's sooo boring :\)

Yeah same I'm around ~90 region, good luck! :smile:
Original post by JOftw
I'm AQA as well. Doing info 1 friday and Info 2 tuesday.:smile:

Me too, but both for the second time, how stupid do I sound? :s-smilie: Just totally freaked them, when I'm revising I can answer almost all pasted papers questions, but my mind just goes blank when I'm in the exam, and sometimes the wording they use throws me. :frown:

Praying for a good grade this time though, as I worked my little butt off.
Reply 38
Can anyone explain to me 1st, 2nd and 3rd normal forms?
Original post by al0
Can anyone explain to me 1st, 2nd and 3rd normal forms?

1NF: data is atomic, no repeating fields, primary key
2NF: 1NF and all non key items can be found out used the entire primary key (to remove dependencies on partial keys :smile: )
3NF: 2NF and all non key items are fully dependent on the primary key :smile: (like school code and name doesn't depend on student ID so that is made into a different table)

Quick Reply

Latest