The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
OZYMANDIAS POWER!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Soooo happy right now! could not have had a better question!! Didn't think unseen was too bad either!

How did everyone else find it? :smile:

Poetry was way, way better than the stupid exam I mucked up on Tuesday!
The unseen poem was awesome too:smile:
What poetry cluster did you study?
I did Relationships and answered the question on 'Praise Song For My Mother'....
WOOHOO! Literature is now out of the way!:wink:
Reply 2401
Original post by justanotherindigo
Poetry was way, way better than the stupid exam I mucked up on Tuesday!
The unseen poem was awesome too:smile:
What poetry cluster did you study?
I did Relationships and answered the question on 'Praise Song For My Mother'....
WOOHOO! Literature is now out of the way!:wink:

I did character and voice, My favourite poem is Ozymandias and I really wanted to talk about power - the question was "in the poem Ozymandias how do the poets present the theme of power..." (or something like that)
I WAS SOOO HAPPY!!

sorry while I just have this outburst...

I NEVER HAVE TO DO ENGLISH LITERATURE EVER AGAIN!!!!

no more analysing texts to within an inch of my sanity...aaaaaaah the relief
I did character and voice, My favourite poem is Ozymandias and I really wanted to talk about power - the question was "in the poem Ozymandias how do the poets present the theme of power..." (or something like that)
I WAS SOOO HAPPY!!

sorry while I just have this outburst...

I NEVER HAVE TO DO ENGLISH LITERATURE EVER AGAIN!!!!

no more analysing texts to within an inch of my sanity...aaaaaaah the relief

LOL! My favourite poem was Sonnet 43 and I could compare it to Praise Song...
Same! Poetry is usually my worst nightmare, but tHe question was amazing!!
WOW! You do have some genuine hate:wink: I'm doing it for A-Level... so it's until September I'm free:party:
English Language is next week, and that is definiately NEVER AGAIN!!!:smile:
Tuesday's exam went horrifically. Today's was better, although I'm not sure about Section B. I think I'll probably going to get an A overall at most now.
Reply 2404
Original post by Pandora.
Tuesday's exam went horrifically. Today's was better, although I'm not sure about Section B. I think I'll probably going to get an A overall at most now.

Yeh this one felt like it went better, the only thing is i'm not sure if i wrote enough for part B...

I'm sure you'll get an A* - you're epic at english!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2405
LOL! My favourite poem was Sonnet 43 and I could compare it to Praise Song...
Same! Poetry is usually my worst nightmare, but tHe question was amazing!!
WOW! You do have some genuine hate:wink: I'm doing it for A-Level... so it's until September I'm free:party:
English Language is next week, and that is definiately NEVER AGAIN!!!:smile:

Lol!

I don't mind the subject, I read books all the time - I just don't like the excess analysing of every tiny detail!!

It is my reserve though... oddly
Yeh this one felt like it went better, the only thing is i'm not sure if i wrote enough for part B...

I'm sure you'll get an A* - you're epic at english!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
That's what I'm worried about for Part B. I wrote aobut harsh sounds contrasting with soft sounds, but I completely forgot the posh words for the. :facepalm: What did you write about? :smile:

And I very much doubt it.... you haven't seen my paper from Tuesday! :cry2:

Same!
I did unbelievably BAD on Tuesday's paper, even though the questions I wanted came up, so my chances of getting an A* was definiately out of the window:frown:
Luckily, today's was better...:wink:
You'll do well! You're really good at English:smile:
Same!
I did unbelievably BAD on Tuesday's paper, even though the questions I wanted came up, so my chances of getting an A* was definiately out of the window:frown:
Luckily, today's was better...:wink:
You'll do well! You're really good at English:smile:
:console: I know how you feel. Still, at least the examiner can mark the paper however they like - they might just take pity on us! :tongue:

And thanks - I'm sure you'll have done wonderfully, we all just tend to focus on the bad points when we do an exam and forget the good bits. :smile:
Lol!

I don't mind the subject, I read books all the time - I just don't like the excess analysing of every tiny detail!!

It is my reserve though... oddly

haha--nice:wink:
So we are doing pretty much on the same track I guess (with A-Level options I'm speaking about!)
You'll get a really good mark! :biggrin:
Are you doing the language paper on Tuesday?
Lovely weather outside!:smile:
Somebody please tell me I wasn't the only person to compare Conscientious Objector to Hitcher? :frown: Feel like such an idiot right now but I couldn't think of anything to write for Your Dad Did What as it's such a specific poem. :frown:
Reply 2411
That's what I'm worried about for Part B. I wrote aobut harsh sounds contrasting with soft sounds, but I completely forgot the posh words for the. :facepalm: What did you write about? :smile:

And I very much doubt it.... you haven't seen my paper from Tuesday! :cry2:

You'll be fine!!!

I wrote a lot about the long term mental effect, the amount of really young children etc, the constant threat, all backed up with quotes etc.
Also put about enjambment making it seem like they were breathless after running to the shelter..bit of a short straw but it was an okay idea I think. Other than that a few little bits and bobs.

My question 1 on tues. paper was fine, but my 2nd was a little rushed...we'll see on results day I suppose :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Which questions did everyone choose and what did you compare them with? :smile:
:console: I know how you feel. Still, at least the examiner can mark the paper however they like - they might just take pity on us! :tongue:

And thanks - I'm sure you'll have done wonderfully, we all just tend to focus on the bad points when we do an exam and forget the good bits. :smile:

I know how you feel too!
I just felt so guilty after that exam, the fact that I let my teacher and myself down....:frown:
After asking me yesterday how I did, well... she didn't believe me! So results day will be a dreadful one by the way it looks:frown:
I know right!
You'll be fine!!!

I wrote a lot about the long term mental effect, the amount of really young children etc, the constant threat, all backed up with quotes etc.
Also put about enjambment making it seem like they were breathless after running to the shelter..bit of a short straw but it was an okay idea I think. Other than that a few little bits and bobs.

My question 1 on tues. paper was fine, but my 2nd was a little rushed...we'll see on results day I suppose :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
:eek: Your answer sounds far better than mine! Oh no... :frown:

Good luck for the results! :smile: (2 months yesterday!)
Reply 2415
haha--nice:wink:
So we are doing pretty much on the same track I guess (with A-Level options I'm speaking about!)
You'll get a really good mark! :biggrin:
Are you doing the language paper on Tuesday?
Lovely weather outside!:smile:

Yeh, that's good!!! We can help eachother!

not sure...my record of results for english is not exactly the best ... We'll see!
I'm sure you'll do well though :smile:

Yes I am.. .hate the timing, I do love the descriptive writing questions though!

It is !!! If anything a little too hot, It was boiling in the exam hall! I'm going out for a dog walk in a bit, then may do a couple of physics past papers for wednesday..(i think its wednesday..)
Which questions did everyone choose and what did you compare them with? :smile:

I did the Relationships cluster and I chose the the question about 'Praise Song For My Mother' and I compared it to 'Sonnet 43'.
The unseen poem, I just wrote what came into my mind!
What about you? x
I know how you feel too!
I just felt so guilty after that exam, the fact that I let my teacher and myself down....:frown:
After asking me yesterday how I did, well... she didn't believe me! So results day will be a dreadful one by the way it looks:frown:
I know right!
I completely agree with you. My teacher is so brilliant, I feel like I've let him down. :frown:
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on August 23rd! :h:
Reply 2418
:eek: Your answer sounds far better than mine! Oh no... :frown:

Good luck for the results! :smile: (2 months yesterday!)

not sure ... may not have been explained in quite enough depth..

I'm sure time will go really quickly until the week before...then it will go sooo slowly, the night before..omg I'm going to be so stressed!!! I probably won't sleep, will be on here instead :biggrin:

Good luck to you too!!!!! I'm sure you'll do fab! :smile:
I did the Relationships cluster and I chose the the question about 'Praise Song For My Mother' and I compared it to 'Sonnet 43'.
The unseen poem, I just wrote what came into my mind!
What about you? x
I did relationships too! :smile: I chose the Quickdraw question and compared it to The Farmer's Bride. :smile:

Latest