The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RebeccaKateM
I have three weeks to learn PSYA3 and PSYA4. Haven't started yet, any ideas? :confused:

pray for some divine intervention.

if this was paper 1 and 2 then you may have good chance of getting two b`s.

papers 3 and 4 are rock so without revision your in trouble. retakes it is for January 2013 I would suggest.
Original post by Mephestic

papers 3 and 4 are rock so without revision your in trouble. retakes it is for January 2013 I would suggest.

nah she can still get A's if she revises now.
Original post by VanessaXD
nah she can still get A's if she revises now.

Oh my god how? I have 38 essays to learn :/
Reply 583

Get off TSR and start crammin' :biggrin:

It's paper three and four and I'm leaving for uni in September, so it's my last chance! :frown: Plus I have BIOL4 and BIOL5 to start. Jeez, I've failed

You have 30 minutes to write 1 essay in PSYA3 they are not expecting you to write loads. Just make sure you include relevant information and IDA's.

My friend took this exam last year, he came out with a B on this exam after revising for 4 days and wasn't far off an A......
Is anyone doing depression? I don't suppose anyone can send me their essay for issues with diagnosis and classification? I have one, AO2 is alright, it's just AO1 really, i'm finding it hard to structure it and it's stressing me out :frown:

If anyone could help that would be greeeaaaat!
has anyone got any tips for research methods???
They're marked so harshly and it seems to be my weakest bit, yet its soo important (35 marks!) :s
Original post by VanessaXD
You have 30 minutes to write 1 essay in PSYA3 they are not expecting you to write loads. Just make sure you include relevant information and IDA's.

My friend took this exam last year, he came out with a B on this exam after revising for 4 days and wasn't far off an A......

This makes me feel so much better! Hahaha THANK YOU! :biggrin:
This makes me feel so much better! Hahaha THANK YOU! :biggrin:

it is okay good luck on your exams (: xx
Reply 590
Original post by salad_fingers
Is anyone doing depression? I don't suppose anyone can send me their essay for issues with diagnosis and classification? I have one, AO2 is alright, it's just AO1 really, i'm finding it hard to structure it and it's stressing me out :frown:

If anyone could help that would be greeeaaaat!

All I have in my essay for Diagnosis and Classification is the symptom criteria defined by the DSM and the Beck Depression Inventory. Just state what they are and elaborate on some key points about them. :smile:

Edit: you could also list the two types of Depression, MDD and DD.
Original post by StitchMad
You could only be asked a specific question on stress, age, peers and personality; so those are the four areas that I've been taught. Self-esteem can still be used, providing you link it to how this could be a factor of one's personality. You can use it to gain marks, but you won't be asked a specific question on it.

Thankyou! :smile:
Reply 592
does anyone think the schizophrenia section will be a two part qs for the upcoming exam a outline then a discuss qs as in january it was a straight qs ???????
Original post by ikz94
does anyone think the schizophrenia section will be a two part qs for the upcoming exam a outline then a discuss qs as in january it was a straight qs ???????

I have a sneaky gut feeling it will be outline clinical characteristics which will be a smaller one with either the big one on psychological explanations for schizophrenia or most likely a form of treatment for it.

what topics are you doing? perhaps we can send you notes to help?

I did relationships, sleep and aggression.

i have model answers that all you would need to do is memorize for the exam?
you can still get decent marks if you try start now!
Can someone please confirm if we need to know IDAs? Also to get an A do we have to make synoptic links?? Help!

No, they definitely have a chance. I did most of my revision for PSYA3 the day before and on the day of the exam, and I got 94. I know it's not 100, but still... I'm guessing the person left it late cuz deep down, they're confident. You just need to know the material and be able to shape it, rather than memorising essays (not referring to you I just read that later in the thread)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 597
Alright so I've looked through the last 6 PSYA4 papers and have listed the previous questions for Depression below:

Spec paper - Psychological & Biological therapies
Jan 10 - Clinical Diagnosis & Biological therapies
June 10 - Biological & Psychological explanations
Jan 11 - Psychological therapies
June 11 - Biological therapies
Jan 12 - Psychological explanations

So here is the tally for each topic:

Diagnosis & Classification: I
Biological explanations: I
Biological therapies: II
Psychological explanations: II
Psychological therapies: II

So it would seem we are due a question on Diagnosis & Classification and/or Biological explanations, for Depression anyway.

What does everyone else think prediction wise? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
No, they definitely have a chance. I did most of my revision for PSYA3 the day before and on the day of the exam, and I got 94. I know it's not 100, but still... I'm guessing the person left it late cuz deep down, they're confident. You just need to know the material and be able to shape it, rather than memorising essays (not referring to you I just read that later in the thread)

i know right, no way would anyone get decent grades in hard subjects like chemistry if they were just memorising the information. It is lucky in Psychology though but still memorising takes a long time, it would be more effective to know the material.
Original post by HolyFuzazzle

While I think what you say is true, it is always possible; a great deal of what happens comes down to luck in the questions and which ones she may know better than others as its impossible to memorise sufficiently all the possible questions that can come up.

Her best chance is if the questions she knows well comes up and hedging her bets on them otherwise spreading herself thin memorising everything is going to be really difficult - especially memorising papers 3+4 and paper 3 is heavy on the content..plus 4 isnt a walk in the park either :s-smilie:

Though I must say well done on your results, thats really good considering you didnt revise that much! I dont think I could have done that myself but kudo's to you for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending