Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best foundation for this HOT weather?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok i use l'oreal lumi magique foundation and it's fine in the winter but in this weather it has not been good at all!

it's not that it runs it just doesn't look pleasant...

any suggestions? drugstore please! i was thinking of trying bourjois healthy mix but am open!!

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cum.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well if you think about it what you need is a long lasting yet light foundation. I have tried many foundations and would say that I have a lot of experience when it comes to makeup.

The heat will cause makeup to melt off so I suggest a long-lasting formula. If price is a constraint then I suggest you try Revlon Colourstay foundation. It goes on smoothly and does indeed stay on the skin for around 10-16hrs depending on your type of skin. They formulate for oily skin/ combination skin and have a another one for dry/ normal skin.

Also I suggest that you powder your foundation to set it just to ensure that it does not budge.This foundation comes of easily when you need to remove it. You might also want to try Maybelline 24 hour foundation or Loreal 16 hour foundation but I do suggest you take a look at Revlon.

Boujours foundation is great but will not last you very long in this heat, It is better for drier skin.

And if you are willing to splurge then I suggest you try out Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It stays on skin and does not transfer. This is same with Revlon but obviously the formulation better. If you have a large boots near you then you can find this one but it is not cheap. Estee Lauder double wear LIGHT (you must buy the light one!!!) is also great and was one of the first foundation I ever tried. If you can find it in your tone then you should but it- it gives a nice coverage which is not too heavy. However the normal Estee Lauder double wear is terrible. I bought it and threw it away after a week. Please never buy that one!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    Well if you think about it what you need is a long lasting yet light foundation. I have tried many foundations and would say that I have a lot of experience when it comes to makeup.

The heat will cause makeup to melt off so I suggest a long-lasting formula. If price is a constraint then I suggest you try Revlon Colourstay foundation. It goes on smoothly and does indeed stay on the skin for around 10-16hrs depending on your type of skin. They formulate for oily skin/ combination skin and have a another one for dry/ normal skin.

Also I suggest that you powder your foundation to set it just to ensure that it does not budge.This foundation comes of easily when you need to remove it. You might also want to try Maybelline 24 hour foundation or Loreal 16 hour foundation but I do suggest you take a look at Revlon.

Boujours foundation is great but will not last you very long in this heat, It is better for drier skin.

And if you are willing to splurge then I suggest you try out Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It stays on skin and does not transfer. This is same with Revlon but obviously the formulation better. If you have a large boots near you then you can find this one but it is not cheap. Estee Lauder double wear LIGHT (you must buy the light one!!!) is also great and was one of the first foundation I ever tried. If you can find it in your tone then you should but it- it gives a nice coverage which is not too heavy. However the normal Estee Lauder double wear is terrible. I bought it and threw it away after a week. Please never buy that one!
    cheers i was thinking revlon colourstay too, will pop out now before shop closes thanks for your answer!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You not gonna' take my cum option?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    cheers i was thinking revlon colourstay too, will pop out now before shop closes thanks for your answer!!
    Good choice. It dries quite fast so you should apply it with a damp wedge sponge. This foundation is very popular so you will find application techniques on youtube if you find it hard to work with at first.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will it melt during summer? :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I say wear a water based one eg mac face and body i know you said drugstore but honestly this foundation feels really light almost like your not wearing any
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    None. Go natural.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebastienlewis)
    You not gonna' take my cum option?
    it was a close call but i decided to go for the revlon in the end but thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblyminty)
    Good choice. It dries quite fast so you should apply it with a damp wedge sponge. This foundation is very popular so you will find application techniques on youtube if you find it hard to work with at first.
    thanks i've just bought it so i'll test it out now! thank you for all your help!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Will it melt during summer? :eek:
    Revlon colourstay shouldn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk122)
    I say wear a water based one eg mac face and body i know you said drugstore but honestly this foundation feels really light almost like your not wearing any
    Yeah that is a great foundation but it is toor sheer for most people in in hot weather it just doesn't stay. Otherwise it is very good for the price.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mineral foundation is nice for hot weather.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.