The Student Room Group

role of scientific community

heey
Can someone please answer this question

Describe the role of the scientific community in validating new evidence (including molecular biology, eg DNA, proteomics) supporting the accepted scientific theory of evolution (scientific journals, the peer review process, scientific conferences).

How would you answer it??
I'm so confused!!
Thanks so much for your help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by aqua05
heey
Can someone please answer this question

Describe the role of the scientific community in validating new evidence (including molecular biology, eg DNA, proteomics) supporting the accepted scientific theory of evolution (scientific journals, the peer review process, scientific conferences).

How would you answer it??
I'm so confused!!
Thanks so much for your help :smile:

Hello there! I think my answer would include the fact that scientists will work to validate the evidence by repeating experiments under the same conditions (to see if the results are reliable). Expert opinions could be used to gauge the quality of evidence through scientific conferences and peer review would allow the testing of the hypothesis and analysis of evidence by experts in the field before the research is made public through peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Sorry, I can't be more specific, haven't learnt about molecular bio yet (: hope it helps!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending