The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Oxford Court????

I was wondering if anyone here has lived at Oxford Court recently???

I searched the threads here and they were from about 3 years ago so quite dated.

I had a look around today, it didn't look that bad.

What do people think???
Reply 1
Horses for courses. It is en route from the uni to town and vice versa, so always going to be a lil noisey outside, however this isnt an issue if you dont mind that.
As for internally, I have never been inside in my 2 years at DMU so can not really comment.

Are you already at DMU, or going to be a fresher this year?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
No, I commuted in my first year, so i'll be going into my second year. I don't really mind the noise, but would prefer if I was on one of the upper floors.
Reply 3
Original post by Lottie-chan
No, I commuted in my first year, so i'll be going into my second year. I don't really mind the noise, but would prefer if I was on one of the upper floors.

What are you studying at DMU? I always prefer to be on the top floor, when I was in Grosvenor I opted for a room on the top floor.
Reply 4
Original post by JessicaUk
What are you studying at DMU? I always prefer to be on the top floor, when I was in Grosvenor I opted for a room on the top floor.

Whoops sorry it took me so long to get back to you!!

I'm studying Textile Design :smile:
Reply 5
Whoops sorry it took me so long to get back to you!!

I'm studying Textile Design :smile:

Hi, no worries I know people are not on here as much as I am lol!

I knew a few people doing Textile Design, or similar degrees last year, do you enjoy the course then? What are your plans for the summer? xxx
Reply 6
Hi, no worries I know people are not on here as much as I am lol!

I knew a few people doing Textile Design, or similar degrees last year, do you enjoy the course then? What are your plans for the summer? xxx

I do enjoy my course :smile: What are you studying???

I have a summer project to do, I've asked for more hours at work. Going to london at the end of this month, a family holiday and maybe a camping trip with some friends :smile: How about youu?? xxx
Reply 7
I do enjoy my course :smile: What are you studying???

I have a summer project to do, I've asked for more hours at work. Going to london at the end of this month, a family holiday and maybe a camping trip with some friends :smile: How about youu?? xxx

I study Media Production and I really enjoy it, am so pleased I chose this course.

I am involved with a few filming projects both by myself and with friends, filming things such as local festivals, family parties, short films and whatever else is wanted. I don't have a holiday planned however, but a camping trip sounds cool! xxx
Reply 8
I study Media Production and I really enjoy it, am so pleased I chose this course.

I am involved with a few filming projects both by myself and with friends, filming things such as local festivals, family parties, short films and whatever else is wanted. I don't have a holiday planned however, but a camping trip sounds cool! xxx

Oh glad you like your course! Oooh wow they sound like fun projects :smile:

More on topic, I filled out my form and changed my student finance application :smile: I will probably send off my form sometime this week :smile:
xxx
Reply 9
Obviously guessing that you will have chosen accommodation by now. If you are staying at Oxford Court, GET PHOTOS of every small thing that you can see wrong, because they will try to charge you where they can - two of my mates got charged £100 for repainting of rooms, and they tried to charge us £22 for cleaning the kitchen, when a) that should be included and b) we already had!

Quick Reply

Latest