The Student Room Group

Info 1. AQA ICT 25th May.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by FareedPatel
for the website i described what layout and some features that should be included in the website, is that right? What did you guys get for the 'Name one tasks for DataBase Management' i put producing an invoice, is that right???

yh thats what i did to produce an invoice from what i can rember this is what i wrote for that question

In order to create the solution for my client xxxx i used database management software. The reason why i had used this software was because it had allowed me to meet all my client requirements. One example in this case was i had to produce an invoice.

In order to produce this invoice I had to first create blank form using an inbuilt facility called the form wizard. Once this was accessed then i was able to choose which specific fields i needed, for example address of customer, total costs. Once the fields were selected and implemented i was able to arrange them according to my clients need. If something went wrong after feedback i could easily edit the invoice through design view without using technical skills as the design menu which the software package used was easy to use and effective. If i did encounter a problem then the database management software which is used to complete the task in this case Microsoft access had some help facilities such as a frequently asked question section (FAQ). This tool had allowed me to work efficiently as it explained everything very clearly for example accessing certain fields after the form had be created when editing.
Original post by thairshan
yh same thats what i put because the last bit said no data so had to be errneous because the system had not data to accept so it would be rejected ands not continue to next stage or something like that

Well ive lost some marks there then! it completely threw me that part but after reading this it makes so much sense :s-smilie:

Do you guys think the grade boundaries may raise up a bit if everyone has done well? (seeming as everyone here and at my school said it was a nice paper)
yh thats what i did to produce an invoice from what i can rember this is what i wrote for that question

In order to create the solution for my client xxxx i used database management software. The reason why i had used this software was because it had allowed me to meet all my client requirements. One example in this case was i had to produce an invoice.

In order to produce this invoice I had to first create blank form using an inbuilt facility called the form wizard. Once this was accessed then i was able to choose which specific fields i needed, for example address of customer, total costs. Once the fields were selected and implemented i was able to arrange them according to my clients need. If something went wrong after feedback i could easily edit the invoice through design view without using technical skills as the design menu which the software package used was easy to use and effective. If i did encounter a problem then the database management software which is used to complete the task in this case Microsoft access had some help facilities such as a frequently asked question section (FAQ). This tool had allowed me to work efficiently as it explained everything very clearly for example accessing certain fields after the form had be created when editing.

Thats similar to what i put aswell, what did you put for the web page question???
Reply 83
When designing an effective website the anytown acemdy school need to take into consideration the following factors:

Good design

Health problems

Firstly, the website created must contain an easy to use user friendly interface, this is important because many of the visitors of the website will be people who have limitied knowledge and skill within the use of ict. So the interface of the website produced must be simple as users may find it hard to navigate around if not designed effectively

Another factor is eye strain/epilipsy. The school must make sure that the website uses the appripriate colour schemes, and makes sure there are not any flashing images, as users with disabilities such as epilepsy may suffer from epileptic attack. Also, the right colour schemes/right font size must be chosen as users may find it hard to read certain text on the website, this may as a result cause the school to loose visitors.

Furthermore, the site must be compatible with different browsers, this is vital as users use different programmes to view websites. By doing so the anytown school will be attract large amounts of parents to the website as the school.

Also, when designing the website the anytown school needs to make sure that the pages make sure they load quickly and not take time for example images and videos as users of the websites may get stressed when searching for specific content on the school website. The website needs to be tested before being hosted so that the website can be viewed efficiently without causing the visitors from being frustrated and annoyed. This may as a result cause the school to loose out on visisotrs therefore reducing sales revenue.

To conclude is it important that school design an effective website because otherwise they may not be able to achieve there overall goal due to audience complaining and getting annoyed from using the website.
Reply 84
Thats similar to what i put aswell, what did you put for the web page question???

can you rember how many marks this question what out of the database management question one??
Reply 85
Does anyone know how many marks that testing question was out of i think it was like 6 marks or something does anyone know if so how many marks do you think this would get me

In order meet the client requirements i had to make sure that the data entry forms created which will be implemented the system contained valadation checks to provide accuracy of output. To this the normal/erroneous/boundary data was tested so that results produced would be accurate and effective. For example on page 10 when testing the house number field i used errnous data and entered a letter instead of a number in between the boundaries. This allowed me to check whether the system produced had met my client requirements as he wanted to make sure that results produced were reliable and accurate. This was proved because the data entered in this case letter s instead of number 5 had been rejected by the system.
can you rember how many marks this question what out of the database management question one??

6 marks
Original post by FizzyLogics
Well ive lost some marks there then! it completely threw me that part but after reading this it makes so much sense :s-smilie:

Do you guys think the grade boundaries may raise up a bit if everyone has done well? (seeming as everyone here and at my school said it was a nice paper)

The Grade Boundries have been very similar every year and have changed very little.
A=53
B=48 OR 47
C=43
That is quite low and it has been like that for many years
Reply 88
6 marks

thanks sorry to keep annoying you but do you know how many marks that testing one in section b coursework related one
Reply 89
Original post by Amz1217
Your answer was on the right lines but I think to hit the high marks you might have needed to mention even more input devices, I think I went on about 14 or 15 input devices but forgot to put on a small conclusion at the end :s-smilie:

ran out of time annoyed could have got full marks on the last question i planned it out and the paper and said what different types of input devices i would have mentioned so maybe hopefully get marks for plan or at least credit :smile:
Reply 90
ran out of time annoyed could have got full marks on the last question i planned it out and the paper and said what different types of input devices i would have mentioned so maybe hopefully get marks for plan or at least credit :smile:

i have mentioned at least 5/6 inpiut devices plus i think its more to with explaining with examples and stating the benefits and limitiation of those input devices rather than listing or putting loads of input devices in an essay well see dont know hopefully hits the high bands though :smile:
thanks sorry to keep annoying you but do you know how many marks that testing one in section b coursework related one

Its alright, i cant remember the testing question :s-smilie: what was it?
if you're on about the cilent requirements ine then it was out of 8

14/15 input devices?! never knew there were that many i out 4/5 and stated why they're used ant advantages and dis advanatages of them
Reply 93
14/15 input devices?! never knew there were that many i out 4/5 and stated why they're used ant advantages and dis advanatages of them

same here and ps was quoting amz 1217
The maximum i could think of was 7 input devices :frown: but wanted talk about magntic swipe cards and finger pinter scanners for security and stuff didnt have time but it in plan
Reply 94
Its alright, i cant remember the testing question :s-smilie: what was it?
if you're on about the cilent requirements ine then it was out of 8

yh it was related to the client but was about testing how to make the system succesful or something like that
Reply 95

There are loads of input devices in the AQA ICT book, I think there was still 2 or 3 more on top that I could have mentioned

Me too, drew a spider diagram with all the types of input devices and what they were best used for. But I talked about OCR and OMR I'm not sure if thats what they were looking for though. :s-smilie:

Anyone doing the info 2 on Tuesday? I haven't even started revising yet. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Info 2 on Tuesday😔 anyone know what topics are bound to appear

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 98
ohhhhh... I feel bad about my 20 mark answer now after reading all of yours :frown:

good luck to all of you sitting INFO2!
Reply 99
Original post by Bizzya
ohhhhh... I feel bad about my 20 mark answer now after reading all of yours :frown:

good luck to all of you sitting INFO2!

I have a feeling the long 20 markers for unit 2 might be about

Factors affecting ict - CULTURAL. legal social economic environmental all of that boring stuff
and
Health and safety/ecommorce

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending