Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyway to make headphones work like this...?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When listening to dual languages simultaneously--i.e. English in left ear, Spanish in right ear, the only way to hear properly without going insane is disabling the right side in headphone's sound balance configuration.

Is there a way to make the right earpiece of the headphone act like the left so I can simulate hearing two left earpieces? I tried the loudness equalization setting but it didn't work. I still either heard only English from the left earpiece, or another language at the same time on my right.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleesaurus)
    When listening to dual languages simultaneously--i.e. English in left ear, Spanish in right ear, the only way to hear properly without going insane is disabling the right side in headphone's sound balance configuration.

Is there a way to make the right earpiece of the headphone act like the left so I can simulate hearing two left earpieces? I tried the loudness equalization setting but it didn't work. I still either heard only English from the left earpiece, or another language at the same time on my right.
    PM Gofre. He'll probably know.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    PM Gofre. He'll probably know.
    On the contrary, this doesn't have anything to do with the headphones, just what's being played through them.

So just to make sure I'm thinking of this correctly OP, you want to get both headphones to play the left channel, and lose the right channel completely?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    On the contrary, this doesn't have anything to do with the headphones, just what's being played through them.

So just to make sure I'm thinking of this correctly OP, you want to get both headphones to play the left channel, and lose the right channel completely?
    Uh oh. Quote's done wrong. I was having trouble of thinking of the solution too. I guess it would depend on the device too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)

Yes, but not permanently. I want to be able to disable the left channel and have both sides of my headphones play the right channel. With the option of reverting back to normal after I'm done.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleesaurus)
    Yes, but not permanently. I want to be able to disable the left channel and have both sides of my headphones play the right channel. With the option of reverting back to normal after I'm done.
    I've had a quick look around on google, and it doesn't appear to be something you can do simply. In the two solutions I managed to find, one involved buying a proper mixing board and the other involved rewiring the headphones.

My solution would be to head to your local pound shop and pick up two crappy sets of earbuds and a headphone splitter (I got my splitter in a pack of stuff they called an "audio cable kit"). Plug both sets of headphones into the splitter and the splitter into your source. Use the left earbud from each pair, and it will achieve the same effect. It's obviously not the most elegant solution, but the end result is what you're after if I'm getting what you're saying correct. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.