Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Google Earth accepts Muhammad's Truth? Your Views.

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    People have been promoting this video lately which shows that Muhammad directed one of his followers to Yemen and asked him to build a mosque there according to what he describes.

Then they use Google Earth to prove Muhammad had been true and thus he had been divinely inspired as an 'illiterate' 7th century nomad sitting in one place couldn't have guided about drawing a straight line on the Earth between two far-off places with a distance of 845km. [Watch teh video to get a clear idea]

Your views.

This is the video with English subtitles.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this a joke?

This proves nothing at all.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguysfwn)
    People have been promoting this video lately which shows that Muhammad directed one of his followers to Yemen and asked him to build a mosque there according to what he describes.

Then they use Google Earth to prove Muhammad had been true and thus he had been divinely inspired as an 'illiterate' 7th century nomad sitting in one place couldn't have guided about drawing a straight line on the Earth between two far-off places with a distance of 845km. [Watch teh video to get a clear idea]

Your views.

This is the video with English subtitles.
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Google_Earth_proves_Islam

Not always the best source,but it'll do.

(Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII)
    Is this a joke?

It's merely another 'miracle of the Qur'an' that some Muslims love to use to try and prove the Qur'an's divine nature. They're *******s though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII)
    Is this a joke?

Pff of course it does, you're just looking at the scientific definition of proof instead of the religious one. Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make as they're pretty similar. In fact the only real difference is that one requires evidence where as the special religious definition you're after only requires that you suspend rationality and follow [insert name of religious text] without question. Consequently this can certainly be described as proof :rolleyes:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandyAndy)
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Google_Earth_proves_Islam

Not always the best source,but it'll do.
    It's actually quite a crap source, that even Wiki (official) won't source from it.

Though at least when I read that they didn't attempt to deny it (like they usually do), just tried to play it down.

I remember when this was shown to an Atheist long time ago and he replied;

And a mathmatical or astrological genius could have dictated the direction of mecca to him too. It's still fairly impressive.

Shakes my unbeleif without a doubt.
    At least his "unbelief" was shaken Always a start. Plenty of this kind of thing, for example; the City of Iram and so on.

Just keep playing it down I guess, God guides who He wills.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Fail.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enough proof for me to convert.

Where do I sign?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely there must come a point when some Muslims who propose arguments like these think 'wow, am I really making this argument?'

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if there were factories designed to continually churn out pro-Muslim arguments somewhere. I can just imagine the scholars working in their little isolated work desks, intensively cherry picking all the literature they can find.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if there were factories designed to continually churn out pro-Muslim arguments somewhere. I can just imagine the scholars working in their little isolated work desks, intensively cherry picking all the literature they can find.
    Isn't that what the Saudi Commission for Science in the Qur'an does?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This all rests on the stupid assumption that the story as described was true. Once you realise it's not, you can accept that a couple of castrated virgin nomads build a temple and made up some bull**** about it to freak some dudes out. Put it in a book, wiped their asses with it and went to flog it for some cash. Biggest trolls ever, and you idiots all fell for it. HAHA. :badger:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying that Mohammed was divine because he had built a temple? That's ridiculous.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have an interesting concept of 'proof'.
    Seriously, you don't actually believe this?
    It isn't even worth mocking.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by Perseveranze)
    Just keep playing it down I guess, God guides who He wills.
    Its amazing that God still has to take the first logical step to define the word "truth" accurately before he can go on guiding people, who clearly are blind to this caveat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Prophet Mohammad himself did not that that it these instructions are a "miracle".

Plus, in Islam if someone can see the Kabaa (praying from a close distance) then they have to face it directly while praying. But people praying from far away places are only required to face the GENERAL direction of where the Kabaa in the Sacred Mosque in Makkah is.

There are many proofs that Islam is from God. But what is mentioned in this thread is not one of them since even Prophet Mohammad himself did not say its a proof or a miracle.

Sometimes I feel sad that some members of the Muslim community are going after things like this instead of focusing on the Quran itself, or approaching these kinds of things with more critical thinking and more use of the scientific method.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.