The Student Room Group

Prominent Muslim Youth Leader charged with possessing £1.5million of cocaine

http://vinienco.com/2012/05/27/australia-prominent-muslim-youth-leader-charged-possessing-1-5-million-cocaine/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/muslim-youth-leaders-15m-cocaine-charges/story-e6freuy9-1226367805808

A PROMINENT Muslim youth leader, who preaches the perils of crime to his community, has been charged with possessing more than $1.5 million worth of cocaine.

Police allege 36-year-old Fadi Abdul-Rahman, who featured in Kevin Rudd's 2020 Summit in 2008 and has been a fighter for justice in western Sydney, was part of a commercial cocaine syndicate that was caught with 5kg of the drug hidden in a chess set.

Abdul-Rahman appeared in the Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday, facing two commercial drugs charges after he was arrested during a police sting at Punchbowl in March. Abdul-Rahman's lawyer Brett Galloway told The Sunday Telegraph he would defend the charges.

Another hypocrite from this community..where will it end? Its well known that many muslim descendants (mainly pakistanis) are involved in the selling of illegal drugs in the UK on large scales. This is another very hidden issue in the media and I'm sure more digging would reveal cases of other muslim named men involved in drug offences.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So? This happens daily in Yorkshire's Drug Capital - Bradford.
Original post by badcheesecrispy

Another hypocrite from this community..where will it end? Its well known that many muslim descendants (mainly pakistanis) are involved in the selling of illegal drugs in the UK on large scales. This is another very hidden issue in the media and I'm sure more digging would reveal cases of other muslim named men involved in drug offences.

What a load of utter bs. Many muslim descendants? One guy who gets busted and suddenly its an epidemic of Muslim drug dealers, huh?
Why dont you say all Christians have a pedophile problem when some catholic preists get caught for those crimes?
I bet you wet yourself with excitement when you read that article, didnt you?
Reply 3
Cool logic, bro.
Original post by NuckingFut
What a load of utter bs. Many muslim descendants? One guy who gets busted and suddenly its an epidemic of Muslim drug dealers, huh?
Why dont you say all Christians have a pedophile problem when some catholic preists get caught for those crimes?
I bet you wet yourself with excitement when you read that article, didnt you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangs_in_the_United_Kingdom#Drug_gangs

Asian drug gangs, usually of Tamil, Bengali, Pakistani and Indian descent are also present in the United Kingdom. Notable Pakistani gangs in the United Kingdom and are often associated with the importation and distribution of heroin. Drug squad officers in 2003 claimed that Asian gangs were actively seeking to corner the heroin market. Examples of Pakistani drug gangs in the United Kingdom outside of the major urban centers can be found in Bedford and Luton, Middlesbrough and Oldham.
One of the bloodiest drug gang rivalries involving Pakistani gangs occurred in the Bradford district (including Keighley). A bloody turf war between two local drug gangs resulted in the murder of four young Asian men from Keighley in a five-and-a-half month period, from September 2001 to February 2002. Those killed in this period were Yasser Hussain Nazir, Yasser Khan, Zaber Hussain and Qadir Ahmed. The last of these four, Qadir, was stabbed and beaten to death near Victoria Park after being ambushed and chased by rival gang members. The killings sparked a major police investigation and a number of men including criminals from nearby Bradford were convicted and given long prison sentences.
In other reports it has been suggested that Turkey replaced Pakistan as the most important transit point for heroin, and it is estimated that 80% of heroin intercepted by British authorities belongs to Turkish gangs.[69] A recent spate of murders in London in 2009 have been linked to a heroin drugs war involving rival Turkish and Turkish-Kurdish gangs in north London. It is believed that the feud is between two organised drug gangs, the Turkish 'Tottenham Boys' and the 'Bombarcilar' or 'Bombers' from Hackney. The Bombers were led by Abdullah Babysin who was said to be Britain's largest importer of heroin, he was convicted in 2006.

http://pakistancriminalrecords.com/2012/02/24/rawalpindi-anf-foils-bid-to-smuggle-heroin-to-uk/

RAWALPINDI: The Anti Narcotics Force (ANF) arrested a Pakistan-origin British passenger in possession of two kilograms of heroin when he was proceeding to Manchester by a PIA flight on Thursday, the ANF sources said. Sources said that the ANF authorities received information that a huge consignment of drug would be transported to Britain by an international drug mafia. The arrested man was identified as Aftab Ali, a resident of Kharian, the ANF said. They added that a case had been registered against him and he had been shifted to the ANF police station for further investigation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
bet that made ur little worm stand right up didn't it :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Haha, one man out of approx 7billion+ people is a dealer and he just happens to be a Muslim....Ok then, that gives an excuse to attack the Muslims??
Reply 7
Blahblahblahh WTFOMGLOLQWERTY

Quoting half of wikipedia doesnt make your point valid. All those 'gangs' were asian, not Muslim. (No, not all asians are Muslims)
Quoting half of wikipedia doesnt make your point valid. All those 'gangs' were asian, not Muslim. (No, not all asians are Muslims)

I specifically quoted about gangs in Bradford of pakistani descent, who tend to be muslims or come from muslim families, this is undeniable.

The identity of different generations varies, with the elders from the first generation still
feeling a strong connection towards their country of birth. The second generation also has
a deep connection to Pakistan, but to a much lesser extent than their parents. The third
generation of young people see themselves as primarily British and this forms a strong part
of their identity. As the country of birth of their parents and grandparents, they still have
a deep personal or psychological association with Pakistan, but one that is a substantially
diminished part of their own personal identity in comparison to their parents. However,
the majority of community members of all ages and generations unequivocally describe
themselves as British Muslims. According to the 2001 Census, 98 per cent of Pakistanis in England are Muslim with a small (1%) Christian minority

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/communities/pdf/1170952.pdf
(edited 11 years ago)
I specifically quoted about gangs in Bradford of pakistani descent, who tend to be muslims or come from muslim families, this is undeniable.

The identity of different generations varies, with the elders from the first generation still
feeling a strong connection towards their country of birth. The second generation also has
a deep connection to Pakistan, but to a much lesser extent than their parents. The third
generation of young people see themselves as primarily British and this forms a strong part
of their identity. As the country of birth of their parents and grandparents, they still have
a deep personal or psychological association with Pakistan, but one that is a substantially
diminished part of their own personal identity in comparison to their parents. However,
the majority of community members of all ages and generations unequivocally describe
themselves as British Muslims. According to the 2001 Census, 98 per cent of Pakistanis in England are Muslim with a small (1%) Christian minority

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/communities/pdf/1170952.pdf

So back to what I was saying in my fist post.

Did you also 'proclaim' there is a pedophile problem in the Catholic community when those priests got found out?
Or is generalizing something you reserve for Islam?

Really? London doesnt have any worse criminals than burglars and those who fail to appear? :confused:
So back to what I was saying in my fist post.

Did you also 'proclaim' there is a pedophile problem in the Catholic community when those priests got found out?
Or is generalizing something you reserve for Islam?

Another really old and tired response, which has been used countless times.

That was a problem solely with priests, not the catholic community. If the only muslims committing offences were imams then it would be comparable.
Another really old and tired response, which has been used countless times.

That was a problem solely with priests, not the catholic community. If the only muslims committing offences were imams then it would be comparable.

So things are only comparable when it suits you?

Yey yes, every counter argument to your rubbish is old and tired :rolleyes:
Reply 14
It should be legalized anyway.
Reply 15
Gee, I guess it really blows to be that guy!

.... :getmecoat:
Original post by Xhotas
Gee, I guess it really blows to be that guy!

.... :getmecoat:

:rofl2: :congrats:

1.5 million? Sounds like a decent night could have been in the offing.
Well to be fair it's Australia, so what would that be, like half a gram?
Reply 18
Original post by prog2djent
So? This happens daily in Yorkshire's Drug Capital - Bradford.

I thought you were a free market fanatic?
So things are only comparable when it suits you?

Yey yes, every counter argument to your rubbish is old and tired :rolleyes:

No, its only comparable when theres logic there.

I'm not religious, and as there have likewise been cases of imam paedophiles, recently actually, I'd say both are comparable in that sense. Of course, they are both religions. Pretty obvious really, the koran is just a slightly more cultish copy of the bible.