Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Adobe Flash CS4 Professional

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    i have just purchased Adobe Flash CS4 Professional on ebay. I have never used adobe products before. The description reads "full license", so i guess it hasn't been activated...? This is a stand alone product right? Or am I missing something?:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would say it hasn't been activated if they are advertising it as Full Licence. If the title is just Adobe Flash CS4 Professional then yes this will be just the Flash CS4 software. Hope you enjoy Flash! It's interesting to learn and is not to dissimilar to JavaScript programming.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buying software from eBay is never a good idea. You never know what you're going to get.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...stry-group.ars
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maturestudy)
    Buying software from eBay is never a good idea. You never know what you're going to get.

hmmm ok well i've bought it anyway still waiting for it to arrive...any pointers to tell if its fake?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Software licenses are legal agreements between the manufacturer and the purchaser of the produce. Software licenses may be non transferable, or transferable only within certain restrictions and limitation depending on the terms of the individual agreement.

The software should come with an Adobe License Transfer Certificate in order to legally transfer the license to you - otherwise you have just bought a disc and a manual that can be downloaded for free elsewhere. http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...t-license.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Nothing wrong with buying from ebay what-so-ever. There are plenty of trusted sellers on there and I'm assuming Op bought from one of them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splice)
    Nothing wrong with buying from ebay what-so-ever. There are plenty of trusted sellers on there and I'm assuming Op bought from one of them.
    Sigh. Yes, you can believe that if you like, but it's highly risky. If you 'buy' from an auction site then:

Up to 90% of new in-box software sold on eBay is counterfeit (pirate) and it often comes with malware. Examples found in counterfeit software include worms, viruses, spyware, trojans and key loggers. According to Adobe, "You’ll only discover software is pirated when you try to register it and can't, often rendering the software unusable." The only way to be sure is to buy from Adobe Authorized Resellers.

Adobe do not recognise eBay as a valid sales channel and, as far as I can tell, no authorized reseller sells Adobe software through internet auction sites. Adobe does not accept receipts from internet auction sites as proof of purchase. This means you may not be able to get technical support, legally transfer ownership of the software or prove eligibility for upgrades to new versions.

Finally, if you buy secondhand Adobe software it must come with a legal transfer of license. In order to use software legally you need a license - a legal agreement between two parties - and this must be officially transferred according to the terms stipulated in the agreement. Without this you are just buying a disc (and it is no different to a counterfeit).

So, if you are prepared to accept those risks go ahead but I stand by my earlier assertion that "it is never a good idea".
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Eeeeew flash!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well i bought the Flash CS4 a few weeks back for 67 GBP. yes its the real deal, everything works, license is mine muahhhahahahahahahahahhahah.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. Yes, you can believe that if you like, but it's highly risky. If you 'buy' from an auction site then:

Up to 90% of new in-box software sold on eBay is counterfeit (pirate) and it often comes with malware. Examples found in counterfeit software include worms, viruses, spyware, trojans and key loggers. According to Adobe, "You’ll only discover software is pirated when you try to register it and can't, often rendering the software unusable." The only way to be sure is to buy from Adobe Authorized Resellers.

Adobe do not recognise eBay as a valid sales channel and, as far as I can tell, no authorized reseller sells Adobe software through internet auction sites. Adobe does not accept receipts from internet auction sites as proof of purchase. This means you may not be able to get technical support, legally transfer ownership of the software or prove eligibility for upgrades to new versions.

Finally, if you buy secondhand Adobe software it must come with a legal transfer of license. In order to use software legally you need a license - a legal agreement between two parties - and this must be officially transferred according to the terms stipulated in the agreement. Without this you are just buying a disc (and it is no different to a counterfeit).

So, if you are prepared to accept those risks go ahead but I stand by my earlier assertion that "it is never a good idea".
    Well sigh to you too. Why have you got the idea that everything on eBay is second hand? And auctioned? Do you even know what eBay is?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.