The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringGenius
I guess she was quite attractive but for me personally she didn't stand out.

I thought Turkey's act was simply awful! i don't know how it got there, nor got so many points! Normally there are a few joke acts but Turkey seemed to be the only one, so people voted in droves.

I always like Moldova's acts. For the poorest country in europe, they have such light humour :smile:

I remember Moldova's act from the other year, not sure when though.

Don't forget Russia and the grannies! :giggle:
had my first day of my ortho placement :biggrin: Got to sit in on a clinic. I didn't think I'd like ortho but it looks like I might have a new favorite. Gonna be a good week- eek! :happy2:
Original post by erniiee
:lol: I'm worried I might just crack up in the test haha. As long as the situations aren't too far fetched I think I'll cope :tongue:

Wow that's very impressive. Must kinda feel a bit like a uni then!

It sounds like a uni, but then you get to the lessons and apart from the fact you call teachers by their first name, it's all very spoon-fed education. Which isn't helpful for me as I am quite an independant learner. :rolleyes: (I know, one of those...)
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
I remember Moldova's act from the other year, not sure when though.

Don't forget Russia and the grannies! :giggle:

How can I forget the grannies? I'm already starting to piss people off on facebook for posting videos of them :biggrin: I love them, i want them to play at my wedding! (did you know one of them is 44 :O!)

Moldove had the funny act with the pointy hats and the fairy on a unicycle and oversized trumpets and drop crotch trousers. :lol:
which unis count EPQ as fourth AS? :smile: thanks in advance xx
Reply 3645
Original post by TaraBelle
Yeah it was quite bad :/ and don't even get me started on maths, it was so horrible, definitely got a B :frown: ah well, done now. how did physics go?

We've FINISHEDDDDDDD :biggrin: :biggrin:

3 weeks off now, and next week off to london for work experience :biggrin: gahh so excited!

You never know, still hope for an A :smile: Physics went pretty bad, was a hard paper in my opinion very little easy marks :/
I know! It feels so weird not having to revise! We've started all A2 work now though :redface:
Awesome! Have a good time! Im jealous :tongue: :smile:
Original post by AishaTara
which unis count EPQ as fourth AS? :smile: thanks in advance xx

I'm in the process of gathering this information for each university. You may want to do the same. :smile:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
I'm in the process of gathering this information for each university. You may want to do the same. :smile:

Keele!
Original post by erniiee
Haha very helpful :tongue: I kinda wish there was a bit more direction available, I mean I know what I will be doing to prepare but I'm sure some people aren't really sure where to even look. I don't know when I'm gonna start, needs to be soon though :eek:

You're not kidding:

Spoiler

Keele!

Keele! :biggrin:

Not replied to my email yet, grr.
COME ON LET ME BE YOUR APHRODISIAC! :biggrin: bwahahaha! :biggrin:
Keele! :biggrin:

Not replied to my email yet, grr.

yep its on tsr on their entry requirement page so assuming its true

but I still think most places put more emphasis on a 4th AS, and just take into consideration the EPQ maybe if you've got a B or C in 4th AS
yep its on tsr on their entry requirement page so assuming its true

but I still think most places put more emphasis on a 4th AS, and just take into consideration the EPQ maybe if you've got a B or C in 4th AS

5/8 of the ones that have replied do accept the EPQ as the 4th AS. :biggrin:
5/8 of the ones that have replied do accept the EPQ as the 4th AS. :biggrin:

ohhh which ones?
ohhh which ones?

Oooh lets have a look, admissions staff from the following universities have specifically said that the EPQ is classed as a 4th for the A100 course: Queens, Liverpool, Leicester, Kings and Lancaster. Not to mention Aberdeen and Newcastle, but they dont ask for a 4th AS. :smile:
Oooh lets have a look, admissions staff from the following universities have specifically said that the EPQ is classed as a 4th for the A100 course: Queens, Liverpool, Leicester, Kings and Lancaster. Not to mention Aberdeen and Newcastle, but they dont ask for a 4th AS. :smile:

Ahh nice :smile: you applying to any of them?
might go for kings :smile: not liverpool or lancaster- heard some bad stories from friends there :/
might go for kings :smile: not liverpool or lancaster- heard some bad stories from friends there :/

Well my four at the moment are: BSMS, Barts, Keele and Liverpool. The last is interchangable. You?
Well my four at the moment are: BSMS, Barts, Keele and Liverpool. The last is interchangable. You?

barts, uea, manchester, and either kings or newcastle
barts, uea, manchester, and either kings or newcastle

Newcastle is a possible for me too, just not too sure. Whats the theory behind your choices?
Original post by Gcayte
You never know, still hope for an A :smile: Physics went pretty bad, was a hard paper in my opinion very little easy marks :/
I know! It feels so weird not having to revise! We've started all A2 work now though :redface:
Awesome! Have a good time! Im jealous :tongue: :smile:

seems unlikely but here's hoping I guess :/ aw no, well same to you, you never know! :tongue:
You mean you're back at school? Seriously? :frown:
thank youuu, had my first day today :biggrin:

like what, do spill? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending