The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Presenttime
Still haven't heard back...another day of anticipation, but not expecting much !

Same!
Reply 501
I'm also through to the interviews. Best of luck to everyone.
Reply 502
I wonder if anybody unsuccessful has actually heard today...otherwise it seems that all the rejections are headed out for tomorrow :frown:
Original post by GdotL
I wonder if anybody unsuccessful has actually heard today...otherwise it seems that all the rejections are headed out for tomorrow :frown:

But...there's a small chance they might hand out some offers tomorrow as well ...! Optimistic I know
Reply 504
But...there's a small chance they might hand out some offers tomorrow as well ...! Optimistic I know

Hopefully. It's quite frustrating how they didn't get it all done on one day.
Reply 505

Yes, of course. However, if absolutely nobody received a rejection today then that looks less likely!
Well done to everyone who has been successful so far. I hope to see you in London on Thursday.
Best of luck to those who are still waiting. I just thought that I would let you know the timing of the information days later this week incase there is just a delay in your email going out the timings are 9.30 - 12.00
Original post by Apple_drops
Well done to everyone who has been successful so far. I hope to see you in London on Thursday.
Best of luck to those who are still waiting. I just thought that I would let you know the timing of the information days later this week incase there is just a delay in your email going out the timings are 9.30 - 12.00

Urgh I'm so annoyed I can't make it to the information day! I'm at uni too far away from London to make it there in time for 9:30 and I sure as hell can't afford the train fare AND an overnight stay. I wish they'd made it in the afternoon as I might have considered the £60 train fare then. I know it's not mandatory but it sounds incredibly helpful for the interview stage.
Reply 508
And you have to reply to the email to book your places...turns out my current LA is participating! How awkward will that be when I see a manager I vaguely know...
Reply 509
Original post by comeluckyapril
Urgh I'm so annoyed I can't make it to the information day! I'm at uni too far away from London to make it there in time for 9:30 and I sure as hell can't afford the train fare AND an overnight stay. I wish they'd made it in the afternoon as I might have considered the £60 train fare then. I know it's not mandatory but it sounds incredibly helpful for the interview stage.

Where are you studying? There is also one in Leeds the day after.
Original post by stormstar
Where are you studying? There is also one in Leeds the day after.

...Exeter! :tongue:
I got through too! Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear back. I think I shall be attending the Leeds info day. Was a bit disappointed with the choice of councils. I was looking at the NW ideally and think there's only one council participating from the region! Rethink needed.
I got through :biggrin:
Original post by GdotL
Yes, of course. However, if absolutely nobody received a rejection today then that looks less likely!

Yes, good point :/. Well onto the next applications then...
Reply 514
London will be the most popular region, followed by the South East I guess. The thing is they have a much better network. Like all the local NMTs meet and have parties and stuff (maybe an exaggeration there)...
Does anyone know how many interviews we will be given now? We get to put down two councils plus regional preferences so I am intrigued by this. Is it just one or more?
Reply 516
Original post by HighestKungFu
Does anyone know how many interviews we will be given now? We get to put down two councils plus regional preferences so I am intrigued by this. Is it just one or more?

I believe it is just one more interview as the barrier to getting an actual job. But we could be offered interviews with several authorities, depending on who is interested in seeing us.
Reply 517
It varies, as I'm aware there are less councils and it depends on your preferences. I had two last year but there was like 8 candidates for one place at the LAs I went for. It could be 1 or 2.
Original post by ajs12345
I believe it is just one more interview as the barrier to getting an actual job. But we could be offered interviews with several authorities, depending on who is interested in seeing us.

How do the authorities know in advance if they are interested in seeing us? You mention 'several' but as we only get to indicate that we are interested in two, do the rest still have access to some kind of information on how we did at the assessment centres? Just curious!
Reply 519
They see your original applications. They have these and work off them. You pick your regional preferences and I guess in that region, your application is forwarded to different LAs. They then decide if they want to interview you or not. For example I picked the South East last year and London. I was allocated London Borough of Bexley and Suffolk County Council based on my regional preferences and them wanting to interview me based on my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending