The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

hello !
im planning to go to Bodrum in the summer, and looking for a hotel. wht would u advise me for a hotel on a good beach?
Original post by smd4std
i've been to bodrum quite a few times... and i dont like it
1) the sea isn't nice
2)too windy (Atleast it was always windy whenever i went to bodrum)
3)too many tourists.

only good thing about bodrum is the clubs

oh really?? mmm :/ usually i hear good things about it...
nice clubs?mm thats great!!
so where did u stay at bodrum?
Original post by smd4std
there's so many good bands in turkey, yet they go and find the worst singer they can find and make them sing in english with bad accents.

the year they won they had the really good lady who's name i dont remember....

Original post by ioikonomou
oh really?? mmm :/ usually i hear good things about it...
nice clubs?mm thats great!!
so where did u stay at bodrum?

you're always going to hear better things about it from someone who isn't turkish than someone who is...
the clubs there are great (check out halikarnos - biggest open air club in europe)
dont go t bodrum
go to gumbet - close enough that you have the fun, far away enough that you get the nicer beach and peace and quiet if you want it...
Reply 2103
Original post by minniiee

The lady was Sertab Erener. She has an incredible voice.. very talented..
Original post by demdil
The lady was Sertab Erener. She has an incredible voice.. very talented..

aahhh thanks!
couldnt remember if it was her or candan erectin (i cant spell)

you're always going to hear better things about it from someone who isn't turkish than someone who is...
the clubs there are great (check out halikarnos - biggest open air club in europe)
dont go t bodrum
go to gumbet - close enough that you have the fun, far away enough that you get the nicer beach and peace and quiet if you want it...

Tesekkulrer. For the advice :wink: will. He ckeck out these clubs for sure :wink:
I will also go to istanbul as well. Any advice for there? I was told that a practical area there for me to stay is the Taksim square. There are also very nice hotels tho on Bosphorus.....
Tesekkulrer. For the advice :wink: will. He ckeck out these clubs for sure :wink:
I will also go to istanbul as well. Any advice for there? I was told that a practical area there for me to stay is the Taksim square. There are also very nice hotels tho on Bosphorus.....

i always stay with relatives in istanbul so can't help you really other than saying it will take a good few days to see everything and personally i would choose a hotel on the bosphor because it's beautiful
alternatively my uncle used to manage this place: http://www.ansensuites.com/
i only went once but it was beautiful
i always stay with relatives in istanbul so can't help you really other than saying it will take a good few days to see everything and personally i would choose a hotel on the bosphor because it's beautiful
alternatively my uncle used to manage this place: http://www.ansensuites.com/
i only went once but it was beautiful

ok cool :smile: thanks for the link, will check it out..:smile:
so what do u think are the things a tourist need to must see at istanbul?:smile:
Reply 2108
I want to go to turkey as well. It is so annoyong when u can speak the language but never been in that country(
Reply 2109
Original post by lNurl
I want to go to turkey as well. It is so annoyong when u can speak the language but never been in that country(

I'm going again in 4 weeks :tongue:
Reply 2110
Original post by xxm

I have strickt parents, so they won't let me go on my own )
Reply 2111
Original post by lNurl
I have strickt parents, so they won't let me go on my own )

Awwww, probably for the best.
ok cool :smile: thanks for the link, will check it out..:smile:
so what do u think are the things a tourist need to must see at istanbul?:smile:

crikey there are sooo many
the old spice market
hagia sofia
topkapi palace
the blue mosque
dolmabahce palace
the old metro (its like the oldest metro in europe or asia or soemthing)

they're the main ones i'd say... just look at a guide
it's a huge city so there's loads to do

Original post by lNurl

at least you can speak the language :frown:

Original post by xxm

2 months for me! far to far away :frown:
where are you going?
Reply 2113
You could spend your entire life in Istanbul and still not see everything :tongue: It's huge.
Original post by Akkuz
You could spend your entire life in Istanbul and still not see everything :tongue: It's huge.

soo truee!
Reply 2115
soo truee!

When I was there for a couple months last year, I felt like I'd left without really seeing anything. And there are 2 airports so it's easy to venture into other cities.
Original post by Akkuz
When I was there for a couple months last year, I felt like I'd left without really seeing anything. And there are 2 airports so it's easy to venture into other cities.

ive not been in so long :frown:
apart from 1 night about a month ago :frown:
and apart from Attaturk airport is doing some strange things at the mo (according to the NOTAM which i totally didn't understand)
Reply 2117
ive not been in so long :frown:
apart from 1 night about a month ago :frown:
and apart from Attaturk airport is doing some strange things at the mo (according to the NOTAM which i totally didn't understand)

Strange things? Such as what lol.
Original post by Akkuz
Strange things? Such as what lol.

i dont know (i dont know how to read notams :redface: ) but iknow it means i can't charter any flights there
if i wanna charter a flight it has to go to saw which can be a pain in the arse
Reply 2119
i dont know (i dont know how to read notams :redface: ) but iknow it means i can't charter any flights there
if i wanna charter a flight it has to go to saw which can be a pain in the arse

Ah. I've never been to SAW :tongue: The location is just annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest