The Student Room Group

OCR Media Studies A2 RETAKE JAN 2012

Hi guys, this is my first post cause' lets be honest, i'm really despret for answers since i'm an ex student at my sixthform, teachers arnt so willing to help!
I'm re-taking my MEDIA A2 exam in january, and wondered if anyone else out there is?

I need to ask...

Will the overall grade go down if i get a lower grade from originally?
Will the exam paper be based on the same thing as last year (i did somthing about We Media) its very very vauge, but it was so long ago, i really can't remember what i'm ment to be doing an exam on!)

I've never really retaken anything before, and i'm so desprett to up my grades I've retaken ALL EXAMS. while also working FULL TIME. Its ridiculous but i really want to go to uni next year to do Film Making Studies, so i really really need media to go from a D to at least a B..

thanks!! xx:colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by ashaabee
Hi guys, this is my first post cause' lets be honest, i'm really despret for answers since i'm an ex student at my sixthform, teachers arnt so willing to help!
I'm re-taking my MEDIA A2 exam in january, and wondered if anyone else out there is?

I need to ask...

Will the overall grade go down if i get a lower grade from originally?
Will the exam paper be based on the same thing as last year (i did somthing about We Media) its very very vauge, but it was so long ago, i really can't remember what i'm ment to be doing an exam on!)

I've never really retaken anything before, and i'm so desprett to up my grades I've retaken ALL EXAMS. while also working FULL TIME. Its ridiculous but i really want to go to uni next year to do Film Making Studies, so i really really need media to go from a D to at least a B..

thanks!! xx:colondollar:

If you take an exam more than once, the better/best mark you get is the one that counts so your grade will not go down.

Have a good look round at
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/amlw/media_studies/documents/

You should find the answers to your questions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Thankyou, but i really need to know more on what the exam is about, i'm one of those people... if i read the exam papers (past - which i have) i don't understand it, i need to be spoon fed what it is i'm ment to be writing about, then i can get on with it :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by ashaabee
Thankyou, but i really need to know more on what the exam is about, i'm one of those people... if i read the exam papers (past - which i have) i don't understand it, i need to be spoon fed what it is i'm ment to be writing about, then i can get on with it :frown:

In that case I suggest you get a tutor.
Reply 4
Does anyone know the 2012 january question?
Reply 5
Original post by venthan
Does anyone know the 2012 january question?

1a - conventions from real media texts 1b - representation
Reply 6
Original post by R3cognize
1a - conventions from real media texts 1b - representation

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest