The Student Room Group

2012 Subject Choice Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheFOMaster
He might've not done S-Grade Biology but done S-Grade Physics

Good shout but it was just the fact he said he wanted to do 3 sciences at Higher in school but was unable to do this. I took that as him wanting to study Higher Biology.
Reply 81
This year I've done, English, History, Modern Studies, Business Management and French all at Higher.

For 6th year I am hoping to do Advanced Higher Business Management, Higher Health and Food Technology (Crash) Higher RMPS and Int. 2 Spanish.
However I am considering doing AH French and possibly Higher Spanish instead of just Int 2.

Would anyone recommend crashing Higher Spanish?
H English
H Maths
H Physics
H History
H Art or H chemistry

I guess i'll most likely wait for my results until I decide completely. I'm leaning towards art at the moment though.
Reply 83
Original post by ninja_pidgeon
Advance physics isn't that bad tbh and graph com is probably one of the easiest subject imo. Higher geog is just like standard grade with a wee bit of extra stuff, nothing too bad. Good luck with computing, I've been told it's near impossible

Cheers! :smile: Apparently, most of computing is coursework (I think 60%?) so I can probably get a few of my more geeky friends to help me with that! I was alright at SG geography, there's just loads of writing!
Original post by Liammm
Cheers! :smile: Apparently, most of computing is coursework (I think 60%?) so I can probably get a few of my more geeky friends to help me with that!

40%, although I think input from others is meant to be rather limited :wink:
Original post by TheUnbeliever
40%, although I think input from others is meant to be rather limited :wink:

Yeah, my friend that does it says it's completely solo and markers can spot where your own coding style contrasts with someone elses. Graph com is 30% project so it's quite easy to go into the exam with 25% and physics is 20% for project which, so long as you come up with a semi-original theory/experiments, is fairly easy to be able to walk into the exam with 18%. I did verification of Bernoullis's equations and made 3 experiments up and got around 23 or 24/25.
Reply 86
Original post by saaaaammi
This year I've done, English, History, Modern Studies, Business Management and French all at Higher.

For 6th year I am hoping to do Advanced Higher Business Management, Higher Health and Food Technology (Crash) Higher RMPS and Int. 2 Spanish.
However I am considering doing AH French and possibly Higher Spanish instead of just Int 2.

Would anyone recommend crashing Higher Spanish?

I did Higher French this year (5th year) and my French teacher (who is a Higher Spanish teacher too) says since we know the format of the exams we only need to work a bit more on grammar/vocab etc. for Higher Spanish.

A lot of people in my year who did Higher French are doing Spanish in 6th year, and even people who haven't done a language before were bumped up from Int 2 to Higher (without their consent? Which was weird).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
This year I have done english, maths, biology, chemistry and french (all higher)
And next year I'm doing advanced chem and biology, and crash higher physics :P
i'm doing:
H Maths
H English
H Physics
H Chemistry
H Modern Studies
I wanted to do Info Systems instead of chemistry but the school wouldn't let me :frown:
Reply 89
AH Maths, Chemistry & Physics, and I might be self-teaching AH Applied Maths :biggrin:
AH English
AH Physics
AH History

That's what's down at the moment, although it all depends on how Higher Physics goes tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that I passed english and history with As, but physics can be a little bit touch and go at times...
Reply 91
Just to update:

H English
H Mathematics
H History
H Biology
H Music

Cannot wait :biggrin:
Higher Maths
Higher English
Higher Chemistry
Higher Biology
Higher French
Reply 93
Higher Maths, English, Physics, English and History:smile:
Reply 94
Just changedd my subjects :biggrin:

AH maths physics and chemistry :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 95
Adv maths,graph comm and physics can't wait free periods :biggrin:

Original post by Direct15
Adv maths,graph comm and physics can't wait free periods :biggrin:

That's exactly what I did, one word of advice for graphics and physics. Do not leave your projects till the last minute get as much of the graphics ones done as you can at the start of the year, you'll need all the time you can get for maths ( it's really good but an absolute killer!)

Original post by /\NDY
AH Maths, Chemistry & Physics, and I might be self-teaching AH Applied Maths :biggrin:

Good luck with trying to teach yourself applied maths, I tried it from getting a really good A at higher with very little success (bailed about half way through the course). It's definitely the sort of subject that needs teached!

Reply 98
AH: maths,graphics and chemistry
Higher: english and human biology(crashing)

Kind of wanted to do AH physics, but I know that it would be too much work for me:frown:
Reply 99
Original post by ninja_pidgeon
Good luck with trying to teach yourself applied maths, I tried it from getting a really good A at higher with very little success (bailed about half way through the course). It's definitely the sort of subject that needs teached!

I talked to the head of maths at my school yesterday and he says he'll take me for 3 periods a week, so not self-taught anymore :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending