The Student Room Group

My impression of British girls

I will preface this by saying not ALL British girls are like this, there are many exceptions mostly in the higher social classes, but this is basically the impression I have got from the majority of British girls

-Think they are the greatest thing ever, difficult to approach and prone to become bitchy.
-Expect you to do all the talking, can't hold a conversation that isn't about them or some crappy reality TV show.
-Unclean, unattractive lifestyles. Smoking, binge drinking and crap food.
-Masculine, agressive voices and mannerisms
-Too slutty to trust in a relationship, cheat more than the guys
-Overweight or downright fat. If not than often shapeless and skinny fat.

Whenever I leave the UK I am always stuck by how down to earth, healthy, affectionate and feminine the girls seem. Why is this? Any other guys feel the same way?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Somebody's a virgin.
Original post by DWLLVBDYHG
I will preface this by saying not ALL British girls are like this, there are many exceptions mostly in the higher social classes, but this is basically the impression I have got from the majority of British girls

-Think they are the greatest thing ever, difficult to approach and prone to become bitchy.
-Expect you to do all the talking, can't hold a conversation that isn't about them or some crappy reality TV show.

Whenever I leave the UK I am always stuck by how down to earth, healthy, affectionate and feminine the girls seem. Why is this? Any other guys feel the same way?

I've highlighted the ones I see happening a lot but other than those don't really notice the others. I've not been abroad much though so...

Original post by x_Natalie_x
Somebody's a virgin.

That old one. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are damaging arguments out there about British men too but some of what he says is correct.
Reply 3
Original post by Wilfred Little

I'm sure there are damaging arguments out there about British men too but some of what he says is correct.

Thing is, whilst British men aren't great either, it seems to vary much less from other countries. You get a lot of guys who only care about beer, sports and sex, but guys are like that all over the world.
Reply 4
you must be hanging it in some pretty nasty places

although i do know some women that fit that bill the most i know are the complete opposite...
there are many exceptions mostly in the higher social classes

Yeah, nothing unpleasant about loud, obnoxious Rahs dependent on daddy's money at all.
No, British girls are bad, stupid, and unattractive. Far from what British authors tend to make out of them.

Standard post.

Attempts disclaimer to try to prevent the horrible **** he has to say about women from being criticised. "Not saying ALL British girls are like this", "My impression", simper simper.

Goes on to criticise women in a totally predictable way:

- Waah women rejected me
- Women are stupid and boring
- Women aren't feminine enough (ie: resentment toward women who do not conform to the very stereotypes that are used to control and belittle them)
- Women are sluts
- Women are not sexy/attractive enough, there is -insert- wrong with their bodies

As for the unhealthy lifestyles, I'll admit that's slightly more original - but anyone should know that british women drink, smoke and weigh less than their male counterparts. So, err maybe you should correct your post to a hateful rant about all british people*?

*Have not even gone into the Britain/western culture hate/prejudice part of your post, I'll stick with the misogyny for now I think.

In summary? Women should all want to have sex with you (and should do this easily, or else they are stuck up), but they shouldn't want to have sex with anyone else (that would make them sluts). They should be "feminine" in their behaviours and interests, but expect to be criticised as stupid and boring if they are. And ofc, they should look hot because that's the most important thing about them.

Now I expect to be accused of reading too much into what you've said, being a loony feminist etc etc

But is it really just me, or are there rather a lot more threads about lovely people's "impressions" of girls, women, "british women" without anything positive to say at all on here than you might expect without a little (a lot of) sexism being involved?
Reply 8
Original post by BeanofJelly
...but anyone should know that british women drink, smoke and weigh less than their male counterparts. So, err maybe you should correct your post to a hateful rant about all british people*?

Obviously males are going to drink more and be heavier than females on average. That doesn't mean that they drink to more dangerous levels; nor does it mean they are more obese. Men are naturally much bigger than women, and so can take a lot more drink and carry a lot more weight before it will start to destroy their health. It does actually concern me how much young females are drinking in Britain. They do tend to try to keep up with their male counterparts, and are consequently drinking to extremely dangerous levels - more so than males. I completely disagree that men smoke more. I actually think women smoke more than men.

Agree with the rest of your post.
Reply 9

Annnnd what have you based your assessment on? Are you from the UK or abroad? How much time have you spent in other countries?
Reply 10
They are all gold diggers.
Reply 11
I've highlighted the ones I see happening a lot but other than those don't really notice the others. I've not been abroad much though so...

That old one. :rolleyes:

How do you know he's correct? I don't find British women much better/worse than women in other countries.
Original post by Unknown?
They are all gold diggers.

You're back! :biggrin: Maybe you never left but I haven't seen your gold digger comments in a while.
Original post by dgeorge
How do you know he's correct? I don't find British women much better/worse than women in other countries.

I did mention that in fairness as I've not been abroad much.

But the binge drinking is definitely true. The cheating thing is as well in my experience but I don't think it's unique to Britain, just western society.
Reply 14
I did mention that in fairness as I've not been abroad much.

But the binge drinking is definitely true. The cheating thing is as well in my experience but I don't think it's unique to Britain, just western society.

The binge drinking is something that is a bit more concentrated in British culture. I wouldn't say that cheating is unique to western society either, just covered up a bit better outside
Reply 15
I agree with the OP. Not all girls, but a lot more than in any of the other countries I've been to (spain, italy, france, indonesia, poland, germany, holland, czech republic, etc). And I'm not a virgin before anyone retorts back to that old chestnut.

If you can't beat 'em, shag 'em.
Reply 16
Somebody's a virgin.

Typical female response - accusing OP of being a virgin only because they can get 'sex on tap'.
Original post by MancBoy
Typical female response - accusing OP of being a virgin only because they can get 'sex on tap'.

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

It conjures up the histrionic behavior of female detractors who refuse to argue their points with logic. Yet women are not the only ones guilty of using shaming tactics against men. Male gynocentrists use them, too.

See 'Code Tan'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Somebody's a virgin.

Says it all about the girls here i guess..throwing in the insults

By comparison we were in the park yesterday and that is where you can really tell the difference between girls.

The English girls that we went up to tended not to want to know really, basically getting up and leaving or just not saying much.

The foreign girls we spoke to, mainly the scandinavians we met yesterday were a complete fresh of breath air..they didnt mind talking to us, made conversation, smiled at what i had to say, bantered a little bit..it was brilliant!

No wonder we prefer talking to them

Go up to a typical English bird and you will get told to do one, go away you freak...run off or whatever..they do truly think they are too good to talk to you when a lot of teh time they aint even anything special....dear lord.
I would agree with you that British girls are generally less attractive but for different reasons. Too many of them bleach their hair, use really bad spray on tans (so their faces are orange) and drink like no tomorrow. So many of them just look the same and do the same things... so conformist and boring in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending