The Student Room Group

got beaten up by my brother

though i did provoke him verbally by accusing him of having stolen something off me (i did and do believe it to be true).
He beat me pretty hard, my ribs, neck are hurting me real bad. It is quite painful, especially when I move. I also got hit above my pubic area. Not that he targeted there, but it was due to my position. Anyhow, how to alleviate the pain, see that nothing is damaged? My mum did not interfere and let him coz she thought i was out of my mind making those accusations.
if i see the gp, shall I be honest with them? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell him he was adopted.
Are you male or female?

Edit: See below for full explanation - it does make a difference, but I don't mean to belittle boys getting beaten up. OP, only you know if it was abuse or a row between siblings - if he is a lot stronger than you then you should tell someone, but if it's just him being your brother you don't want to get him into unnecessary trouble. I don't see the harm in telling your GP, so long as you tell it like it really was (an undeserved criminal record could ruin his life, but equally, if it was abuse you shouldn't have to put up with it). Hope you feel better soon :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
i am female
Reply 4
i am a girl and he beat me like he would beat another guy :frown:
If it was me and I didn't like my brother, I'd probably get him done for assault... Also, no offence but your mum sounds like a bitch.
Jeez what idiotic parent would stand by while that was happening.

Original post by Anonymous

Can't really complain on that front, at least he is not being sexist.

I suggest waiting a bit before going to the GP. If it's just light bruising it will go away.
Reply 7
It's hard to ascertain the severity of his actions from a post.

If he was full on punching you then you need to do something, how old are you?
Reply 8
i would tell the gp it was a fight with a sibling.
Original post by Cloudmoshi
Tell him he was adopted.

Hahahaha, that brings back so many childhood memories.
Original post by biffyclyro27
If it was me and I didn't like my brother, I'd probably get him done for assault... Also, no offence but your mum sounds like a bitch.

Wow you sound like a great family person.....
Your bro is a bastard, You should maybe go to a doc if you are hurting alot. Does anyone else know ?

:frown: That's horrible. I can't believe that... I want to give you a hug right now! I mean, one punch out of anger is more understandable but to actually beat you up. That's so bad. I couldn't forgive that.
How bad are you injured? Is it just bruising or do you think there might be some more internal damage? How old are you and how old is your brother?
Reply 14
i don't want to disclose more about our age etc, but my whole body is aching me. Maybe just bruises? I do remember he also punched me with his foot with full force. I feel so angry, but then I don't wnt to call the police and break up our family.
i don't want to disclose more about our age etc, but my whole body is aching me. Maybe just bruises? I do remember he also punched me with his foot with full force. I feel so angry, but then I don't wnt to call the police and break up our family.

Daaaaaamn.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
:frown: That's horrible. I can't believe that... I want to give you a hug right now! I mean, one punch out of anger is more understandable but to actually beat you up. That's so bad. I couldn't forgive that.

'One punch out of anger is more understandable'
No, no it isn't.
From what it sounds like, this brother is old enough to be regarded as somewhat mature. No mature human being has the right to hit anyone, apart from for self-defence.
Hitting his sister out of anger just not only shows weakness but also shows that he does not have control over the situation. One way or another this should be sorted before he does something like this again.

I'd recommend either taking him to anger management if he's the kind of guy to accept it, or just go to the GP and have them ring up the authorities because this kind of behaviour should never ever be tolerated. Yes, you provoked him, but you did not physically touch him.

Siblings fight when they're kids, it's normal, back in the day we all did it everyday, I was even knocked on conscious by my brother once but then we forgot about it after a few hours and moved on until our next fight, it's a part of growing up. You and your brother are going to look back on it and laugh in the future. Calling the police would be the stupidest thing you could do. I swear families are so split up nowdays. Before no one ever used to even think about calling the police on a family member NO MATTER WHAT. You would never even think about it. But now it's perfectly normal. Society is breaking up big time. I'm all for moving on with time, but some traditional values such as marriage and family are things which are positive and we should take those good things from the past.
Wow it's really disturbing that you even considered calling the police on your brother. You're a sick person.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PrismaticCore
'One punch out of anger is more understandable'
No, no it isn't.
From what it sounds like, this brother is old enough to be regarded as somewhat mature. No mature human being has the right to hit anyone, apart from for self-defence.
Hitting his sister out of anger just not only shows weakness but also shows that he does not have control over the situation. One way or another this should be sorted before he does something like this again.

I'd recommend either taking him to anger management if he's the kind of guy to accept it, or just go to the GP and have them ring up the authorities because this kind of behaviour should never ever be tolerated. Yes, you provoked him, but you did not physically touch him.

People like you really scare me, read my previous post.

I'm going to say leave it, and before anyone jumps on me it's because he is your brother, if this is the first time this has happened don't exasperate the whole situation by going to the Police, and go to your local gp to check you've not got any serious internal injuries. Obviously, he's in the wrong for beating you up over verbal accusations, it sounds like he has an anger problem to. I hope your fine and just learn to forgive him when your ready.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending