Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

huge fight with my family

Announcements Posted on

I would now like to leave, but I have no money. Only a relative's place, but I just started a part time job and it would be really far from her house. What can I do? It is really bad, I don't think I can stay.

Who can I speak to? Social Services? But then I am 22!!!! HELPPPPP

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I would now like to leave, but I have no money. Only a relative's place, but I just started a part time job and it would be really far from her house. What can I do? It is really bad, I don't think I can stay.

Who can I speak to? Social Services? But then I am 22!!!! HELPPPPP
    The Samaritans, you can go in to a branch and they will give you information on where to go, or you can call them. Or just go to a police station and ask them what you can do. Right now, you can call a taxi and go to your relative's place, I'm sure she wouldn't mind paying the taxi fare if it's that bad. Or if you have the money get a taxi and go stay in a hotel for the night and you can decide what to do in the morning.

The Samaritans, you can go in to a branch and they will give you information on where to go, or you can call them. Or just go to a police station and ask them what you can do. Right now, you can call a taxi and go to your relative's place, I'm sure she wouldn't mind paying the taxi fare if it's that bad. Or if you have the money get a taxi and go stay in a hotel for the night and you can decide what to do in the morning.
    thank you so much, but i need to go to work tomorrow.

my job only entails 6 hours a week at roughly 6,50 an hour! I would not have the means to live by myself.

I cannot g to the relatives tomorrow. It is way too far from my place of work, volunteering etc.

I really want to move out by the end of the week. Things calmed down now because they are all tired, but i am expecting them to start again tomorrow.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh sounds tough. I had the same problem about 3 months ago and I walked out at 1am. My mum didnt come after me or nothing and I was pretty pissed off about that because I wanted her attention!! I talked to her and things calmed down, but came right back up the next day.

What did I do? Left and seeked help from my local social services, who told me what to do. Coz Im over 18, I couldn't get any benefits a 17 or under would've got.

If its bothering you so much leave and have some you time. Family are the best, but sometimes you need your space.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is this an argument that can't be resolved? Families will fight, its an innevitable factor in any household and more often then not it can be resolved. If this is one of those times, it may be time to sit down with them, discuss the issue that brought the fight up and meet a compromise on whatever caused it.

Otherwise, I'd follow the above user's advice and simply call work and explain to them the situation. Surely they'll understand and allow a leeway for it; no one can forsee situations like this and any decent person would allow for it. I know the admin at my work would, its more then likely the person whom organises work for you will do the same.

Its also an idea to only put some part time space between yourselves. Two years ago, during a particularly troubled couple of months, I took a month out in the Summer Holidays and left around Europe for the duration. Obviously not everyone has the work income saved up for something like that, but you have your relative to go to and put some distance between yourselves until the situation has been either resolved or has simmered down enough to discuss it.

thank you SO much.

Yes, it is pretty bad. This has been ongoing for a couple of years. I am out of touch with my family because I feel like I am unfairly treated. No matter how much I explain my feelings, I am not taken seriously, called jealous (of my siblings) etc.

I really need to go into work tomorrow. It is the only way to get money (and a path into a possible future career).

You have no idea how much I also crave the attention I never got. My opinions are always different and mocked, I am not reassured about my feelings, but insulted and mocked.

I am fed up and reached the conclusion that it is time for me to go.

Yet financially I cannot rent a place.
    I have no friends.
    I feel so powerless.

I feel like it will be for the good of everyone if I just left because we simply cannot co-exist.

I will forever resent them for how I have been treated.

My mum was the biggest disappointment. I stopped running after her now.

i know some of you will say 'but your family will always love you, etc' Well NO. They had their chance to prove their love. I am so upset at how unloved I am.

I hate my life, I hate myself for the kind of life I got.

I want to just escape, run somewhere. I want to go far, very far!!!!

thank you SO much.

Yes, it is pretty bad. This has been ongoing for a couple of years. I am out of touch with my family because I feel like I am unfairly treated. No matter how much I explain my feelings, I am not taken seriously, called jealous (of my siblings) etc.

I really need to go into work tomorrow. It is the only way to get money (and a path into a possible future career).

You have no idea how much I also crave the attention I never got. My opinions are always different and mocked, I am not reassured about my feelings, but insulted and mocked.

I have no friends.
    I feel so powerless.

I feel like it will be for the good of everyone if I just left because we simply cannot co-exist.

i know some of you will say 'but your family will always love you, etc' Well NO. They had their chance to prove their love. I am so upset at how unloved I am.

Hey, well you can go to a women's shelter and apply for emergency council housing. I hope everything has turned out ok for you.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    we are friends at least youre 22. im 16. ehhh D: where are you from? maybe i can try to see what your local officers can do for you..or that you can find some local social workers and police officers and ask what they can do for you! there must be some kind of temporary shelter for people like you.

good luck with everything mate! ill always have your back..coz im in a similar situation. so bad that i dont dare to hope that ill wake up alive every day.. i hope one day i can have my own career and future too!

good luck to both of us :')

thank you SO much.

I have no friends.
    I feel so powerless.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you talk your parents into some form of agreement, e.g. you do something they approve of, e.g studying/working (overseas) and they in turn help you with the finances.

(Original post by kitriviolet)
    we are friends at least youre 22. im 16. ehhh D: where are you from? maybe i can try to see what your local officers can do for you..or that you can find some local social workers and police officers and ask what they can do for you! there must be some kind of temporary shelter for people like you.

good luck with everything mate! ill always have your back..coz im in a similar situation. so bad that i dont dare to hope that ill wake up alive every day.. i hope one day i can have my own career and future too!

good luck to both of us :')
    i think i will try not to involve the police/authorities at this stage. AFter all, it is only about me not feeling loved, nothing dramatic.

I am planning to save up and get my own place. Yet, because I also work with dying people, sometimes I feel like it would be a mistake and one day I might receive a phone call telling me that my parents died (God forbid).

I feel the only solution really is to no longer care about their love. I became so disappointed that I cannot say to my mum that I love her. I always think about how she treats us so differently.

What do you mean, you are not sure you will wake up alive????? Are you beaten up? (((((

(Original post by warfarin)
    Can you talk your parents into some form of agreement, e.g. you do something they approve of, e.g studying/working (overseas) and they in turn help you with the finances.
    why would I do something they approve of if I do not like that field and do not have the aptitude for it? I already tried (twice) to be honest, but did not meet the requirements for that course. So I am doing something I am good at. But they don't like it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why would I do something they approve of if I do not like that field and do not have the aptitude for it? I already tried (twice) to be honest, but did not meet the requirements for that course. So I am doing something I am good at. But they don't like it.
    Could you specify a bit?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i hate living somewhere where i cant communicate with the ones dearest to me.. yep sometimes i wonder if ill ever regret resenting this place i call home so much. but at the moment i just cant help it..:P

i wish i could feel detached too! i hate the way i keep thinking about it and it hurts yes my mom once complained that i didnt tell her i love her. the truth is, i couldnt truthfully say it..she made me feel so hated so yep.

ive only been beaten up a couple times..but i get threatened every other day :/ and i freak out every time my moms in the kitchen. eeeek.

i think i will try not to involve the police/authorities at this stage. AFter all, it is only about me not feeling loved, nothing dramatic.

I am planning to save up and get my own place. Yet, because I also work with dying people, sometimes I feel like it would be a mistake and one day I might receive a phone call telling me that my parents died (God forbid).

I feel the only solution really is to no longer care about their love. I became so disappointed that I cannot say to my mum that I love her. I always think about how she treats us so differently.

What do you mean, you are not sure you will wake up alive????? Are you beaten up? (((((

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.