The Student Room Group

Toughest A level exam so far?

Scroll to see replies

Physics. :tongue: But no doubt that's just me because I can't say my other exams this year have been as challenging - English Lang and ICT (and Art). :smile: My friends have said that Core 2 Maths and Biology were horrid though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
I have done computing AS level, but got a U,
I have got a E in math and D in further math and A in art and U in computing, i really enjoy using the computer and feel like i want to do a degree in computer science, but i need some sort of ict, could i do as ICT in college and teach my self A2 ict which would allow me to have a full A level in ict, which would help me get into the uni i want and help me get the degree i need, is all this possible, i will take art and math to A2 is well, so could this be done?????????? Thanks for your time

PS i will get my grades in 2 months, but i preducted my self these grades, please answer my question
F322 was a *****. For me anyway. And S1 was also a piss take...
Reply 23
I hated Edexcel S2 & M2 :'(

Edexcel S2.
It was nothing like any of previous papers 2009-2012.
Mine haven't been too bad yet (I hope) but I think history edexcel unit 3 is going to be a killer.
Reply 26
Original post by badbodydouble
Physics. :tongue: But no doubt that's just me because I can't say my other exams this year have been as challenging - English Lang and ICT (and Art). :smile: My friends have said that Core 2 Maths and Biology were horrid though.

OCR board?
Reply 27
Haven't actually sat it yet, but OCR A2 Psychology G543. Nothing comes close, not Maths or Biology or English.
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
History was pretty hard.
Drama was scary :/

Original post by buildalegohouse
I haven't started any of my exams yet, but I'd bet my life that the killer one will be history. I still haven't quite forgiven myself for taking that last year.

This.
Reply 29
So far M2 edexcel yesterday, although in 3 weeks time it will be between FP2 and psya3.
Reply 30
M2 edexcel
AQA Maths C3 - Jan 2012

Managed to get a 99 but it was pretty tricky. Thankyou low grade boundaries! :biggrin:
Reply 32
I found unit 1 Edexcel biology pretty hard....
Why bother making a specification if half of the exam is going to be common-sense, 'suggest this' and 'describe this graph' questions?!? :angry:
Reply 33
C4 maths :frown:
lol @ C1 and C2... Year 12s: C3 and C4 make those two look like doing your times tables.

Hardest so far has been Chemistry F324 with I sat in January. So far I've only sat D1 in June which was eaaaaasy. I'm certain the hardest I will sit over the next few weeks is Chemistry F325 one of the two A2 physics exams or Maths C4.
Reply 35
Probably cross between the S1 two weeks ago and FP1 today. Although none of them have been too tough like I was expecting. Well see in August!
i'd agree with OCR S1, FP1 also.
Reply 37
OCR Biology F212...WTF was that?!
Why do I insist on scaring myself by coming on these kinds of threads? :afraid:

Note to self: upon seeing such titles, keep scrolling. Do not, under any circumstances, click the link. It will only give you nightmares about the horrors to come :sad:
Probably Domestic Britain OCR History :tongue: Only because my revision for it was ****!

Objectively the hardest was probably core two as most people found it quite tricky. Not to say I found it super easy or whatever but I like maths and quite enjoyed it in a sad little way.

M2 might overtake all exams in difficulty yet though... still need to actually learn circular motion with variable speed.

Quick Reply

Latest