The Student Room Group

Immigrants coming to the UK with no jobs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anetata
Also if we only let highly-skilled immigrants to come here, surely there would be too many high skilled people here,

No

100 people, 80 are not highly skilled, 20 are.

I am saying only allow the 20 in. The number of highly skilled admitted has not changed....
Reply 41
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Thur tckin ur juurrrrbs!!!!!

Actually its the fact some arent taking any jobs which annoys me....

We're in a recession..
Original post by DanRBlake
No but the government shouldn't allow this situation! A govts reason d'etre is to act in the bests interests of it's people. Having hoards of cheap labour flooding into the jobs market is not good for the British workforce!

This is just the result of PC brainwashing to leap to the defence of immigrants regadless of the facts and go into attack mode to anyone raising these valid FACTS.

You're missing the bigger picture and this statement is wanton naivety. It may suit employers to offer employment to the cheapest/long term applicant but that isn't necessarily good for society as a whole in the longterm. Not difficult to grasp is it.

It isn't cheap, the minimum wage is there for a reason. You won't change your mind on this subject, any person who wants to work hard and pay tax should live in this country. Your idea that the 'native' population has a brith right priveledge to a job is an out dated and supremacist view.
Reply 43
People should be free to travel or live where they want to. The government aint god.
Original post by DanRBlake
Derby then. Does it matter?

Yeah cause' you made a claim and got it wrong. You can't claim something as fact and then say it doesn't matter if you got it wrong.
Reply 45
Original post by Dannie.
People should be free to travel or live where they want to. The government aint god.

They can- but they cannot claim benefits from the country they travel to.
Reply 46
Original post by billydisco
They can- but they cannot claim benefits from the country they travel to.

And they can't under EU or UK law. No problem here then.
Reply 47
Exactly! I was just talking to my mate about this issue. I was like whats the point of living in this country if you not going to work. Are you going to stay at home and doss around. Also it's this country, why let people in who just going to claim benefits. I want to work but can't find a part-time job.
Reply 48
Original post by The Mr Z
And they can't under EU or UK law. No problem here then.

So why are there people living near me, from Eastern Europe who live on benefits?
Reply 49
So why are there people living near me, from Eastern Europe who live on benefits?

Came here with jobs, got laid off during the recession?

Or, perhaps they have British residency, even British citizenship.
Reply 50
Came here with jobs, got laid off during the recession?

One mother with 8 kids?

Or, perhaps they have British residency, even British citizenship.

And they got that how?
Reply 51
One mother with 8 kids?

And they got that how?

The Father? Or perhaps yes. Were the kids born here?

I'll let you look up the process on the Home Office website, it's quite clear. (Also very stringent, though easier for EU citizens than non-EU citizens, for whom it's almost impossible)

Or of course they're illegal immigrants, stealing the taxpayers monies. (They can't, both because illegal immigrants can't get benefits because they don't have an NI number, and because immigration from the EU is legal without a visa. But hey, have to offer you a bigoted argument to seize on)
Reply 52
They are trying to do that, if immigrants dont earn above 35k they will told to leave the country, thus highly skilled workers are allowed in. Dont when this will come into effect though.
Reply 53
Original post by Tackla
They are trying to do that, if immigrants dont earn above 35k they will told to leave the country, thus highly skilled workers are allowed in. Dont when this will come into effect though.

You actually believe that?
Reply 54
The Father? Or perhaps yes. Were the kids born here?

You need to leave mummy and daddy's 3 bedroomed semi and experience the other side of life....
Reply 55
You need to leave mummy and daddy's 3 bedroomed semi and experience the other side of life....

You need to stop judging people and acting as though the Daily Mail was both factual and a complete account of their lives.
Reply 56
You need to stop judging people and acting as though the Daily Mail was both factual and a complete account of their lives.

Leave mummy and daddy's nice little 3 bedroomed semi.............
Reply 57
You actually believe that?

It was in the news and I also read it in a newspaper.
Reply 58
Original post by Tackla
It was in the news and I also read it in a newspaper.

You think they are going to send someone who has lived here for 18 months back home if they earn less than 35k?

What happens if they dont tell you where they came from?
Reply 59
Original post by Riderz
While they do no doubt contest for jobs, many of the jobs they do because UK citizens dont want to do them. They would rather sit at home than earn minimum wage, so what do you expect to happen? Someone else does the job and the guy sat at home complains about it.

Lol at the negs. From people currently unemployed maybe?

I know where there are loads of jobs. Thousands of Eastern Europeans work in the fields of Lincolnshire, Norfolk etc picking fruit and vegetables for minimum wage. Most employers would rather use hard working local guys, but they dont exist. They either wont work, or wont work very hard. At least if you employ a Polac then they work hard, and if they dont then there are 10 more wanting the jobs. They live very cheaply and send money back home for their families.

Average 21 year old without a job in the UK would rather be on the dole than do that work. Dont believe me, go try and see how long you last.

Quick Reply

Latest