Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University of Birmingham Accommodation :)

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I am just trying to apply for accommodation at the Uni of Birmimgham but i cant seem to find much information on it.
    I would like self catered with an ensuite. I am mainly looking at
    Elgar Court
    Jarrett Hall
    Mason
    Tennis Courts

If anybody has any info or pictures or thoughts on these it would be so helpful! (such as atmosphere, distance from uni/shops etc, cost, thoughts in general)

Thank you in advance!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Elgar, Mason and TC are all on The Vale so roughly a 15 minute walk from campus. It's about 15 minutes from Tescos. Elgar is at the top of the hill on The Vale, so perhaps add another 5 minutes on for that to get to campus, or another 5 minutes from TC to get to Tescos (which is in the opposite direction to campus), but it's really not a substantial difference. There is a big difference between the price of Mason and Elgar, and Tennis Courts, though you probably know that.

Jarrett Hall is in Selly Oak and about a 10 minute walk to campus but only a minute from Aldi. It's no more than 10 minutes for Tesco Express or Sainsburys. I don't know much/anything about those halls on the inside, but would say it'll be a notably different 1st year experience living in Selly Oak rather than with the bulk of freshers on The Vale/Prichatts/in Edgbaston. Edgbaston is much more attractive but you develop a soft spot for Selly Oak :P

The impression I've always got of Elgar and Mason are relatively similar - well maintained and have lots of money in them. TC comes across as slightly more communal, as often people form friendships throughout their blocks there rather than just their flats (it's perhaps harder in Mason and Elgar to do that simply due to the fact that their connecting staircases are outdoors).

As with anything though, it'll end up being more about what you make of your time there, the people you live with, and the other people you befriend around the area.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only just seen this. Thank you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.