The Student Room Group

BCU Radiographers 2012

Hello! Can't seem to find a thread for this already so here goes!

Trying to find all the Radiographers going to BCU in September, I'm doing Radiotherapy but would love to here from diagnostics as well as I imagine some modules will be joint :smile:

Introduce yourselves here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyy, I'm hoping to do radiotherapy. I have my interview tomorrow :smile:
Reply 2
Good luck! Hopefully see you in September :smile:
Reply 3
Thankyou :smile: Had my interview, actually really enjoyed it! Just gotta wait now, should know by the end of the week. My names Kirsty btw. Where abouts you from?
Reply 4
Hi Kirsty, fingers crossed, id love to know at least one person when i arrive! Im in Cheltenham currently but actually from Manchester. You?

Hannah x
Reply 5
Yeah, I have my toes crossed too!

I'm from Birmingham so really hoping I do get in. Will you be staying in halls then?

And yeah I'd also like to know someone too. How old are you?

Kirsty
x
Reply 6
No im going to be commuting, hopefully from somewhere in Gloucestershire but depends where my placement is really. Got a few options but can't do much until i know :frown:

Im 25, you? x
Reply 7
Aww well by the looks of the timetable they try to put all our lectures over 2/3 days instead of spreading it out. And they sound pretty good with giving you the placement you request.

I'm 21, so nice to find someone who's a bit older, when I went to my interview most of them were 17/18.

I'm so desparate to find out if I've got in or not haha. How long did it take them to let you know?
x
Reply 8
I know, another reason I liked it there, no travelling into uni just for an hour! They told me I wouldn't hear for at least 2 weeks but got the offer 8 days later, and over Easter too! There were 11 on my interview day and only about 3 were A Level students! For my first degree mature students were in the minority but I think this one will be the opposite! x
Reply 9
Ooo wow thats really good. They told me 2 weeks! I'm sat at work refreshing UCAS every hour haha.

Ooo I think that will be nice, I did do a year of nursing, and that was mostly A level students. I'm really excited, especially after looking round everywhere on the interview day. Will be nice to know someone before I go so I don't have to wonder around by myself all day at Induction! haha

x
Reply 10
Original post by kelkin1
Ooo wow thats really good. They told me 2 weeks! I'm sat at work refreshing UCAS every hour haha.

Ooo I think that will be nice, I did do a year of nursing, and that was mostly A level students. I'm really excited, especially after looking round everywhere on the interview day. Will be nice to know someone before I go so I don't have to wonder around by myself all day at Induction! haha

x

Any news yet Kirsty? xx
Reply 11
Nope :frown: it will be a week on Monday since my interview so hopefully they'll let me know this week! The wait is horrible :frown:

X
Reply 12
Damn them! Lol. Hope it's not too much longer I wanna know too! Did you apply anywhere else? xx
Reply 13
Haha and me! Nope, this was my only choice. Not long moved in with my bf so didn't wanna move away from home, plus I think BCU is a really good university.

Did you apply anywhere else?

x
Reply 14
Ah fair enough. I originally wanted to go to UWE as it's closer to Chelt but didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket so I applied to Liverpool, Sheffield and BCU as well. Liverpool rejected me outright and Sheffield after interview and I withdrew from UWE after being accepted by BCU coz I loved it there and the placement sites are all commutable from either here or my parent's in Manchester.

Are you on Facebook? x
Reply 15
You gonna try and get Cheltnam for your placement site them? How you gonna get to uni? Train? Yeah I absolutely loved the uni on my interview day, and the tutors seem so nice and helpful.
I don't at the moment, got bored so got rid of it haha. I will get it again tho xx

I've just received a conditional offer for bcu :biggrin:
Reply 16
Yay congrats!! :biggrin: I'm so excited now, so glad I'm gonna know someone on the first day! I would love to get Chelt for a placement but they couldn't confirm if it was going ahead for 1st years this year when I asked :frown: but we'll see, I don't mind really I'm just so gratefull to have a place somewhere!

Not sure about getting to uni yet, it's about £25 return on the train but that's off peak. Thinking I might drive part way and get the train from just outside Birmingham, Bromsgrove would be good coz it's right on the M5!
Reply 17
Well when I had my interview the guy did say Cheltenham was one of the placements, and he didn't mention that it might not be deffinate. I know yeah, we'll have to sort out meeting up before hand or something, least we'll have someone to sit with for induction :biggrin:

Would you come down M6 then and use junc 8 to get onto M5? Can't believe how expensive trains and everything are now, especially when they try and encourage us to use public transport!!

x
Reply 18
I can get on the m5 from Chelt and it'll take me all the way there :smile: assuming I pass my test before September anyway lol.

That's great about it being a placement site, they must have sorted it out since my interview on the 4th! Fingers crossed I won't have much competition for it!

And yea we deffo need to meet up over the summer xx
Reply 19
Congratulations guys on your awesome achievement! :biggrin:

It's not directly related, but i'm hoping to apply for BCU Radiography for 2013 entry - if i was successful in getting an interview- what does the interview consist of? What kind of questions do they ask & do they make you sit a test there and then?

I've already done a degree, 1st class in fine art, my A Levels are all up to scratch AAB, done 1 day clinical - still looking for some shadowing work experience. thinking about doing a BTEC L3 science just to boost my science knowledge to make my application a bit more UCAS desirable.

Since all of my education has been centered around humanities, technology and art, I'm totally freaking out a bit at how to prepare for a science-based interview for a course like Radiography.

Any information, especially from successful applicants would be amazzzzinggg!

And congratulations once again!! I'm super excited for you guys! Maybe with some crazy luck I'll be with you guys next year! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest