The Student Room Group

Anyone else taking the SATs on June 2nd?

I'm taking SAT I on June 2nd. And I am panicking. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chill, it's not the end of the world.

I'll be taking SAT IIs on 6/2.
Reply 2
I took them on the 5th of May dont worry, its not a big deal if you dont get what you want you can always re-sit it in october
Reply 3
Original post by thesmiter
Chill, it's not the end of the world.

I'll be taking SAT IIs on 6/2.

Yeah, I know it isn't. What subjects are you taking them in?

Original post by ququ-pops
I took them on the 5th of May dont worry, its not a big deal if you dont get what you want you can always re-sit it in october

How much did you get? I'm just worried because I really want to go to Stanford and they don't let you submit selective scores...
Reply 4
How much did you get? I'm just worried because I really want to go to Stanford and they don't let you submit selective scores...

I dont know yet, Im getting them back tomorrow but I know I havent gotten enoguh and I wanna go to Stanford too :biggrin:
Reply 5

I dont know yet, Im getting them back tomorrow but I know I havent gotten enoguh and I wanna go to Stanford too :biggrin:

Ohlord good luck! How was the test? What was your essay topic?
I'm going to Stanford this summer for Summer School! :biggrin: What do you want to study? What grade are you in?
Reply 6
Original post by xAditi
Ohlord good luck! How was the test? What was your essay topic?
I'm going to Stanford this summer for Summer School! :biggrin: What do you want to study? What grade are you in?

Thankyouu, ermm the test was okie i dont think i will get enough, so im going to resit it later, my essay topic was something about advertisment and how it leads to bad things or something.

And wow well done, how did you get on that? I wanna study economics, and am in year 12, where are you from?
Reply 7
Thankyouu, ermm the test was okie i dont think i will get enough, so im going to resit it later, my essay topic was something about advertisment and how it leads to bad things or something.

And wow well done, how did you get on that? I wanna study economics, and am in year 12, where are you from?

My biggest fear is having to resit. The whole test is a pain as it is. Well, that and not being able to reference 1984 or Brave New World in my essay. :P

There was this whole application process. I had to write a 30 page research paper and solve a maths question set and get recommendations and stuff. Hopefully it'll be worth it :biggrin:
I moved to Bombay from California when I was 10. :smile: What about you?
Reply 8
Samee, those 4 hours almost made me wanna commit suicide :frown:
Damnnn, wait are you a US citizen then? coz if you are you should be fine, also doesnt the summer school cost loaaaaads?
Reply 9
Samee, those 4 hours almost made me wanna commit suicide :frown:
Damnnn, wait are you a US citizen then? coz if you are you should be fine, also doesnt the summer school cost loaaaaads?

Yes, I am. So I get considered in this weird reserved section for citizens living abroad.
It costs a BOMB. I told my parents I didn't want to go because of the cost, but my Dad is Stanford and Alumni and was quite keen on my going, so.
Reply 10
Original post by xAditi
Yes, I am. So I get considered in this weird reserved section for citizens living abroad.
It costs a BOMB. I told my parents I didn't want to go because of the cost, but my Dad is Stanford and Alumni and was quite keen on my going, so.

WOWW now thats lucky, hope you have fun :smile: and good luck on your SAT!
Reply 11
WOWW now thats lucky, hope you have fun :smile: and good luck on your SAT!

Thank you so much! Let me know when your scores come out :smile:
I'm also sitting it tomorrow in the UK. Anyone know what time we need to be at the test centre ?
Reply 13
Original post by S119234
I'm also sitting it tomorrow in the UK. Anyone know what time we need to be at the test centre ?

Reporting time is 7:45 am. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by xAditi
Reporting time is 7:45 am. Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks very much!, gosh, it's early, worked out that I'll need to be train at like 6 in the morning :biggrin:, oh well, will be good to get it over with.

Best of luck to you too!, I've not really put in as much work as I would have liked to have done in terms of preperation, but hopefully it'll go well, you feel prepared ? :smile:
Yep, taking mine tomorrow in the UK... Not really sure what to expect to be honest! Are you guys doing SAT or SAT Subject exams?
Original post by froodtotheboobs
Yep, taking mine tomorrow in the UK... Not really sure what to expect to be honest! Are you guys doing SAT or SAT Subject exams?

Just the plain SAT :smile:, you ?
Reply 17
Original post by froodtotheboobs

Original post by S119234
Just the plain SAT :smile:, you ?

Plain SAT. I'm leaving in 15 minutes :O
I never feel prepared right before a test. :frown:
So glad to get that over and done with to say the least! :biggrin:
I did the SAT Subject Test, and based on how that went I don't think I'll be studying in America! :smile: I was gutted to have to wake up at 5:45 to get to the thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending