The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I kinda ****ed up my GCSEs for a hopeful dentist, I'm scared because I don't think I'll get into the college I wanted. I mean honestly everyone is super excited to go college but I'm dreading the fact i might not go to the college I really want
What should I do??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lil-mazie
I kinda ****ed up my GCSEs for a hopeful dentist, I'm scared because I don't think I'll get into the college I wanted. I mean honestly everyone is super excited to go college but I'm dreading the fact i might not go to the college I really want
What should I do??

You don't know how you've done until 23rd August :wink: Last January, I felt the same after my English Lit exams but on results day, I came out with great results :smile: So don't worry-worrying won't change anything and it's only natural to feel worried after exams :wink:
Original post by Abbseh
We aren't offered economics, only business studies. Quite a few of my friends have enjoyed business and I have a friend who is interested in engineering :smile:
+1 for maths and physics!

yeah im just wondering if econ w/ business will disadvantage my cam application instead of choosing chemistry... I was offered all the subjects but I thought instead of Chem if I took this it may show my versatility? i mean im sure they only look at the three relevant a levels in this case maths, fm and physics..
Reply 4263
Original post by lil-mazie
What should I do??

Second what usycool1 said! Sometimes feeling that an exam was difficult is a good indicator and much better than thinking it was easy. If it was too easy then sometimes people may have missed the aim of the question or not read it properly :smile:
You have your predicted results and can talk to the collage about it being a very rare event, try not to worry about it until the 23nd!
Reply 4264
Original post by Frankster
yeah im just wondering if econ w/ business will disadvantage my cam application instead of choosing chemistry... I was offered all the subjects but I thought instead of Chem if I took this it may show my versatility? i mean im sure they only look at the three relevant a levels in this case maths, fm and physics..

Versatility is good, it shows your different skills and abilities. As long as you have your relevant three I imagine you'll be fine? Have you talked to your careers adviser about it at all? If you are double thinking it now the chances are you will into September and you don't want that, you want to be relaxed as you begin your A Levels :smile:
Original post by Starrstruck
You've got an interesting range of a levels. I'm taking English lit, history, French and religious studies.
Nice choices! I would have loved to have taken French, but my sixth form doesn't offer it due to lack of interest. :frown: What do you want to do after A Level? :smile:
Anyone else still on at this time? :smile:
We can't keep on about 23rd of August as it grows closer, or else the summer will drag and I'll be nervous :tongue:

Original post by ak137
Having a well earned rest! (+ getting ready for uni =P)

:lol:

Blueray :heart:

I aspire to be like you :daydreaming:

...someday :moon:

Are you excited? Which uni?
Reply 4268
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
We can't keep on about 23rd of August as it grows closer, or else the summer will drag and I'll be nervous :tongue:

Are you excited? Which uni?

Yep! UEA! (hopefully!)
Original post by usycool1
Anyone else still on at this time? :smile:
Me! :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.
Me! :biggrin:

Hey! :biggrin: What you up to? :smile:
Hey! :biggrin: What you up to? :smile:
Waiting to feel sleepy :biggrin: I've got nothing to do but I'm not tired enough to sleep. I hope you've got something more interesting to do? :biggrin:
Waiting to feel sleepy :biggrin: I've got nothing to do but I'm not tired enough to sleep. I hope you've got something more interesting to do? :biggrin:

Lol no I'm pretty much doing the same as you :tongue: I just watched The Apprentice: Why I fired them and now I have nothing to do except talk to you lot (which is not a bad thing at all, by the way :tongue:)

So how's your day been? :smile:
Lol no I'm pretty much doing the same as you :tongue: I just watched The Apprentice: Why I fired them and now I have nothing to do except talk to you lot (which is not a bad thing at all, by the way :tongue:)

So how's your day been? :smile:
I should hope not! :smug:

My day's been pretty good, thanks. :smile: I spent a while being nervous for summer and sixth form, but then Return of the King came on and I watched that all night. :biggrin: I can't say it's been productive revision wise, but I haven't been at home so I can't really do anything. :biggrin:

And yours? :smile:
I should hope not! :smug:

My day's been pretty good, thanks. :smile: I spent a while being nervous for summer and sixth form, but then Return of the King came on and I watched that all night. :biggrin: I can't say it's been productive revision wise, but I haven't been at home so I can't really do anything. :biggrin:

And yours? :smile:

Lol of course it isn't a bad thing!

That's good to hear :smile: I haven't actually seen any of the Lord of the Rings (Return of the King is part of the LOTR, right?!? :colondollar:). I plan on watching them (and reading them) after the exams though :smile:

My day started off really productive, but then I wasted my time :tongue: Basically, I was revising History and I decided to do some research on JFK's assassination. I then somehow got to a website which had loads of conspiracy theories about kids TV programs and I read those for ages instead of revising :facepalm: Some of the theories really did ruin some of the cartoons which I loved though, like the Rugrats :frown:

How many exams do you have left? :smile:
Lol of course it isn't a bad thing!

That's good to hear :smile: I haven't actually seen any of the Lord of the Rings (Return of the King is part of the LOTR, right?!? :colondollar:). I plan on watching them (and reading them) after the exams though :smile:

My day started off really productive, but then I wasted my time :tongue: Basically, I was revising History and I decided to do some research on JFK's assassination. I then somehow got to a website which had loads of conspiracy theories about kids TV programs and I read those for ages instead of revising :facepalm: Some of the theories really did ruin some of the cartoons which I loved though, like the Rugrats :frown:

How many exams do you have left? :smile:
Yep, it is! :smile: I highly recommend both watching and reading them - you might want to watch them first so that when you read the books you don't get confused with who is who (although there are a lot of difference between book and film), because the books are quite long winded. I'd definitely start by reading The Hobbit though, not least because its a lovely book in itself. :smile:

Oh I know the feeling! :biggrin: I find JFK's assassination very interesting, but your Kids TV conspiracy website has got me hooked! Do you have a link to it, or remember how you found it? :ninja: If it ruined your favourite cartoons, then I'll let it ruin mine too. :tongue:

I've got 5 left I think. :smile: You?
Yep, it is! :smile: I highly recommend both watching and reading them - you might want to watch them first so that when you read the books you don't get confused with who is who (although there are a lot of difference between book and film), because the books are quite long winded. I'd definitely start by reading The Hobbit though, not least because its a lovely book in itself. :smile:

Oh I know the feeling! :biggrin: I find JFK's assassination very interesting, but your Kids TV conspiracy website has got me hooked! Do you have a link to it, or remember how you found it? :ninja: If it ruined your favourite cartoons, then I'll let it ruin mine too. :tongue:

I've got 5 left I think. :smile: You?

Lol I really can't wait for exams to be over and then do all this stuff... :smile:

It's probably on my history somewhere on my mum's computer (I was using her computer at the time) so if I find it, I'll let you know :smile: It did pretty much ruin my favourite cartoons though, and some of the conspiracy theories are really creepy and spooky :tongue:

I have 4 exams left, 1 less than you :u: Lol I really can't wait for them to be over...:moon:
Lol I really can't wait for exams to be over and then do all this stuff... :smile:

It's probably on my history somewhere on my mum's computer (I was using her computer at the time) so if I find it, I'll let you know :smile: It did pretty much ruin my favourite cartoons though, and some of the conspiracy theories are really creepy and spooky :tongue:

I have 4 exams left, 1 less than you :u: Lol I really can't wait for them to be over...:moon:
Same, there's so much I want to do over summer. :smile:

I'm quite apprehensive now! :biggrin:

:sad: Can we swap? Anyway, I'm off now. Speak tomorrow! :biggrin:
Same, there's so much I want to do over summer. :smile:

I'm quite apprehensive now! :biggrin:

:sad: Can we swap? Anyway, I'm off now. Speak tomorrow! :biggrin:

Lol good night! :smile:

I have 5 exams left and I'm in Year 10:frown:

Latest