The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMed
My desk is 160cm. Mouse and keyboard go nicely on it. It's fantastic. You don't have to worry about the mouse always running off the pad. :biggrin:

Like this:

Wow it's even bigger than I imagined! (sounds like a classic Anime line right there - well that or sexual innuendo :tongue:)

It's a very tempting proposition. Might just have to buy. Would be nice if Overclockers weren't so extortionate with delivery charges (I don't qualify for free delivery).

Bought everything but my storage now. Still hoping SSD prices may drop some more before I start building in 3 and a half weeks' time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2181
Original post by hassi94
Wow it's even bigger than I imagined! (sounds like a classic Anime line right there - well that or sexual innuendo :tongue:)

It's a very tempting proposition. Might just have to buy. Would be nice if Overclockers weren't so extortionate with delivery charges (I don't qualify for free delivery).

Bought everything but my storage now. Still hoping SSD prices may drop some more before I start building in 3 and a half weeks' time.

I got it when it was on offer for £7, then with my free delivery. Would've been rude not to. :tongue:

Oh and the 128GB M4 was down to £75 from ebuyer the other day.
Original post by SMed
I got it when it was on offer for £7, then with my free delivery. Would've been rude not to. :tongue:

Oh and the 128GB M4 was down to £75 from ebuyer the other day.

That's fair enough :tongue:

And I'm going for a 256GB but thanks :smile: At current prices it looks like it'll be a Samsung 830 for me (but hoping the M4 might drop to £140 by that time).
Microsoft will be offering £15 'upgrades' from Windows 7 to 8 for all Windows 7 machines bought today or after.

Supposedly, Windows Media Center won't be included with Windows 8 - and you have to buy it as an 'add-on'. Pretty disgusting practice IMO, paying £15 to lose features.
Original post by hassi94
Microsoft will be offering £15 'upgrades' from Windows 7 to 8 for all Windows 7 machines bought today or after.

Supposedly, Windows Media Center won't be included with Windows 8 - and you have to buy it as an 'add-on'. Pretty disgusting practice IMO, paying £15 to lose features.

Judging from your posts, you sound like a potential hukd user. :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Judging from your posts, you sound like a potential hukd user. :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e

Maybe :ninja:
Reply 2186
I check hukd religiously. :biggrin:
Original post by hassi94
Wow it's even bigger than I imagined!

That's what she said.
Original post by Mad Vlad
That's what she said.

Frankly Vlad, I'm disappointed. That one was just too easy, I even wrote about it being sexual innuendo :wink:
Original post by hassi94
Frankly Vlad, I'm disappointed. That one was just too easy, I even wrote about it being sexual innuendo :wink:

:awesome:
Reply 2191
Anyone here have any experience setting up a software RAID? :holmes:
Original post by hassi94
That's fair enough :tongue:

And I'm going for a 256GB but thanks :smile: At current prices it looks like it'll be a Samsung 830 for me (but hoping the M4 might drop to £140 by that time).

You should bookmark this link.

It's a really good guide on how to get the most out of your SSD.
Original post by hassi94

It is more colourful :ashamed2:
Original post by RipperRoo
You should bookmark this link.

It's a really good guide on how to get the most out of your SSD.

Thanks for the link - I'll start reading through it now :smile:
Ragemaker is more complicated than I thought :colonhash:
Reply 2196
Original post by S-man10
Ragemaker is more complicated than I thought :colonhash:

These aren't your grandad's memes ffs. :p:
Original post by Dez
These aren't your grandad's memes ffs. :p:

i'll get the hang of it soon :colonhash:
Remember seeing you ask about a £30 android phone the other day and just saw this: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mobile-rapport-android-phone-29-99-instore-asda-1234230

Not sure if you were still after it but there you go :smile:
Just installed windows 8 on a tablet and I have to say that I am quite impressed ..... that said it did have windows 7 on previously and that is a terrible os for touchscreen ..

Latest