The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

I just finished my SAAS application but now I'm not sure which forms I need to send to them. It was pretty easy to fill in, but some of the questions really confused me.

So.. I printed the front page for supporting documents where you can tick which documents you are sending. I know I definitely need to send them a copy of the admissions letter but it's not an option on there. That's the only document I'm sure I have to send.. I guess I'll just write the number of documents at number 6.

Also I'm not sure If I have to fill in the ab10a and ab10b forms? Did you?
Thanks!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
So does anyone know if I should fill in the ab10a and ab10b forms or not? I'm not applying for a loan or anything, so I thought not, but I'm not sure.
Original post by KiaraMarissa
So does anyone know if I should fill in the ab10a and ab10b forms or not? I'm not applying for a loan or anything, so I thought not, but I'm not sure.

If you're not applying for something, don't fill it.
Original post by FinnLassie
If you're not applying for something, don't fill it.

Reply 104
Do you know until when I should have my SAAS form completed? I am still waiting to hear back if I can transfer. But I'd like Strathclyde to confirm that I can switch, because only then I can complete my SAAS form :/ was it end of June? Or earlier?
Reply 105
Original post by alaska.
Do you know until when I should have my SAAS form completed? I am still waiting to hear back if I can transfer. But I'd like Strathclyde to confirm that I can switch, because only then I can complete my SAAS form :/ was it end of June? Or earlier?

It's 30 June 2012 :smile:
http://www.saas.gov.uk/faqs_support.htm#support5
Reply 106

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 107
I just phoned SAAS and I thought I'd let you know what they said. I was also unsure about whether to fill out that ab10a and ab10b form, but I was told, that although I am a German citizen and never lived elsewhere that I have to fill out BOTH forms.
Maybe it is also okay not to send them, but when I asked she seemed pretty sure that I need to send them. You can send them via email though(scanned in). I let you know the address if you ask me :smile:
Original post by alaska.
I just phoned SAAS and I thought I'd let you know what they said. I was also unsure about whether to fill out that ab10a and ab10b form, but I was told, that although I am a German citizen and never lived elsewhere that I have to fill out BOTH forms.
Maybe it is also okay not to send them, but when I asked she seemed pretty sure that I need to send them. You can send them via email though(scanned in). I let you know the address if you ask me :smile:

Thank you so much! I would like the email address, sending it via email is much easier and quicker than postal mail. Thanks :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by alaska.
I'll be 21. Even older. So I am really interested how it will work out with people who might be 4 years younger than me. The degree I'd like to do would be 5 years, so when I finish I'll be 26 (I think that counts as a mature student in the UK :biggrin:).

Hey :smile: I think it's going to be fine, usually there are quite a lot of people who started uni at this age. I started uni when I was 18 and still I'm older than most of my Scottish coursemates :biggrin:

Talking about accommodation, this year I stayed in Thomas Campbell and I got a place in there for another year. I'm really happy about that.
And well, talking about parties, I think they happen at all the halls from time to time. It depends on people who stay there :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Catta
Hey :smile: I think it's going to be fine, usually there are quite a lot of people who started uni at this age. I started uni when I was 18 and still I'm older than most of my Scottish coursemates :biggrin:

Talking about accommodation, this year I stayed in Thomas Campbell and I got a place in there for another year. I'm really happy about that.
And well, talking about parties, I think they happen at all the halls from time to time. It depends on people who stay there :smile:

Ahh, okay! So at least you didn't have to face any trouble trying to enter a club :biggrin: My boyfriend was 17 in Freshers' Week and hated that!! But glad to see that the age differences won't matter so much :smile:

Oh, that's really cool :smile: Thomas Campbell looks really nice! Now I am thinking I should have put down Thomas Campbell/ James Blyth as first choice, not Garnett Hall .... seems to be a bit more lively in Thomas Campbell. Do you know if you can submit another form if you changed your mind? :biggrin: :h: (I think read that somewhere but don't remember where....)
Original post by alaska.

Oh, that's really cool :smile: Thomas Campbell looks really nice! Now I am thinking I should have put down Thomas Campbell/ James Blyth as first choice, not Garnett Hall .... seems to be a bit more lively in Thomas Campbell. Do you know if you can submit another form if you changed your mind? :biggrin: :h: (I think read that somewhere but don't remember where....)

I think you should directly call the accommodation people about that. And I want to emphasise on the calling, then you know for certain that at least you've been heard!

I put TC and JB as my first two and then Garnett... Just because they looked nicer, haha. It was a bit annoying though, to put halls in the order of preference because I've never been there and never seen them. Ah well that's life!
Don't suppose anyone has the address in which Occupancy agreements are to be sent to? I'm sure I got this address sent to me via email when I was sorting out my first year in halls, but have not been informed what to do this year really :s-smilie:

Just got told "have it in by June 8th" and that's it really... :tongue:
Reply 113
Sorry, it's slightly offtopic again, but did you already get your letter of award from SAAS? It said mine has been issued on the 27th of May but I have not received anything yet :s-smilie: They say you should contact them if you do not receive sth after 7 days .... but I guess that is for Applicants from the UK. How long did it take for you to receive yours? (I assume you guys have it already because you applied earlier :wink:)
Original post by alaska.
Sorry, it's slightly offtopic again, but did you already get your letter of award from SAAS? It said mine has been issued on the 27th of May but I have not received anything yet :s-smilie: They say you should contact them if you do not receive sth after 7 days .... but I guess that is for Applicants from the UK. How long did it take for you to receive yours? (I assume you guys have it already because you applied earlier :wink:)

I haven't received my letter yet. All of the post from unis have taken quite some time to arrive at my house, I received one twenty days after it had been sent. So, I'm not too worried yet. I guess I'll email them next week if I haven't received it then.
Reply 115
I haven't received my letter yet. All of the post from unis have taken quite some time to arrive at my house, I received one twenty days after it had been sent. So, I'm not too worried yet. I guess I'll email them next week if I haven't received it then.

Aaah, okay, that's good to know :smile: I don't think it usually took that long to reach me. But glad to hear it is nothing unusual! Btw, I thought I replied to your message from my phone but obviously I didn't :/ will do that soon :smile:
Original post by alaska.
Aaah, okay, that's good to know :smile: I don't think it usually took that long to reach me. But glad to hear it is nothing unusual! Btw, I thought I replied to your message from my phone but obviously I didn't :/ will do that soon :smile:

It's totally fine that you never replied, you only broke my heart :'(
Nah, I'm just kidding. I figured you were busy having fun on vacation with your bf, or something. I guess I'll be hearing from you soon :wink:

I got my award letter, saying I was getting the minimum until I send them lots of proof and stuff to prove I need the maximum... mines came relatively quick, around 2 weeks maximum :smile:
Although I had already sent away all the supporting documents, so I'm going to call them on Monday just to be sure they got them...
Maybe you should try calling them just to be sure they got your application? Better to be sure... :smile:
Does anyone have an idea when we'll get to know which halls we've gotten into? I applied mid April.
Reply 119
Original post by FinnLassie
Does anyone have an idea when we'll get to know which halls we've gotten into? I applied mid April.

I think they send them out by end of june (30th or something). At least that's what I've been told :wink:

Quick Reply