Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Philosophy and Psychology degree, help anyone?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do a Philosophy degree, but then decided I'd probably prefer it if I combined it with something to make life a bit more diverse and interesting .

I love Psychology, and really want to combine it with that.

Problem is, there's limited universities that do Psychology and Philosophy. Somewhere around 10 I think. A lot of them are either really far away (which I said I'd preferably not go to, I live in Surrey), and one or two aren't very high up in any league tables I can find, which I know sounds a little proud but I believe I'm capable of at least trying to go to higher/top universities. :confused:

Anyone doing or looking at this course that can give me advice or information?

• 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    ...really far away
    if you live in Fife, this is Exeter. In Redruth, it is St Andrews.

give us a hint, missus.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    if you live in Fife, this is Exeter. In Redruth, it is St Andrews.

give us a hint, missus.
    Sorry, in my original post I wrote "I live at the bottom of England" but then I re-wrote it and obviously left that bit out :P. So yeah, Surrey/very near London.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do a Philosophy degree, but then decided I'd probably prefer it if I combined it with something to make life a bit more diverse and interesting .

I love Psychology, and really want to combine it with that.

Problem is, there's limited universities that do Psychology and Philosophy. Somewhere around 10 I think. A lot of them are either really far away (which I said I'd preferably not go to, I live in Surrey), and one or two aren't very high up in any league tables I can find, which I know sounds a little proud but I believe I'm capable of at least trying to go to higher/top universities. :confused:

Anyone doing or looking at this course that can give me advice or information?

Durham do it http://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/2012/in...e=BA&year=2012

Exeter allow you to combine different subjects for a tailor-made degree title: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/flexible/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid96)
    Durham do it http://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/2012/in...e=BA&year=2012

Exeter allow you to combine different subjects for a tailor-made degree title: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/flexible/
    Sorry, but I know what Unis do the course, was just searching for people who have been through the application process and can give me a human opinion on places/what I should do.

Don't seem to be many who do it Bristol and Oxford do, so I'm hoping I like them. I'm so worried I won't, then I'm stuck. Equally, I'm worried I'll love them then not get in.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but I know what Unis do the course, was just searching for people who have been through the application process and can give me a human opinion on places/what I should do.

Don't seem to be many who do it Bristol and Oxford do, so I'm hoping I like them. I'm so worried I won't, then I'm stuck. Equally, I'm worried I'll love them then not get in.
    If you like Philosophy and find you don't like the Psychology part it should be really easy to switch to single honours Philosophy. Even if you can't for some reason, it'll be fine as you get to choose which modules you study and so you can go for the more "philosophical" modules.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.