The Student Room Group

how to get over being used?

ive been used by the same guys so many times but i still just keep going back to him he always talks to me when he wants but when i confront him about it he always denies it. I dont know, he just makes me smile and i always check whether hes been on whatsapp and just ignoring me..
i
Reply 1
Block him out of your life. Now.
Reply 2
Original post by ct2k7

Seconded.
You aren't being used if you accept his behaviour.
Reply 4
Grow a back bone.
Reply 5
You keep going back to him? Get a grip women, just don't go back, it's not exactly rocket science is it
:facepalm: Stop going back to him!
Reply 7
Original post by lilyxx
ive been used by the same guys so many times but i still just keep going back to him he always talks to me when he wants but when i confront him about it he always denies it. I dont know, he just makes me smile and i always check whether hes been on whatsapp and just ignoring me..
i

Stop going back. He is using you and doesn't care about you. (I know that sounds horrible but from your description that's most likely)

You'll feel better when he's out of your life (for good).
Reply 8
Original post by Rossagle
Stop going back. He is using you and doesn't care about you. (I know that sounds horrible but from your description that's most likely)

You'll feel better when he's out of your life (for good).

Your right but it feels better and more realistic when someone else says it.
Reply 9
Original post by lilyxx
Your right but it feels better and more realistic when someone else says it.

Sorry I misunderstand :s-smilie:. Do you mean like... say if i say that it seems realistic.. and that therefore if you said it yourself it's not realistic?
Reply 10
Original post by lilyxx
ive been used by the same guys so many times but i still just keep going back to him

Thus he's not using you; you're making a conscious decision.

If a girl "confronted" me about the fact that she kept coming back to me, I'd tell her to sort her head out and stop being so mental
Reply 11
Original post by ct2k7

She wont though. You know this.
Reply 12
Original post by MancBoy
She wont though. You know this.

It is easier said that done
Agree with all the above, get him out of your life!!!
Been in this situation before and this might come across harsh but you need to get out of this naive little dream world and realise the truth!
Delete his number, Facebook, whatever and do not make conversation with him if/when you see him face to face. If you keep them your gonna be in the same circle and it won't stop untill you get hurt. When you say he's usin you I'm gonna take it as usin you for sex, a man who uses you for sex really does not care about you or your feelings. When I was used he used to tell me 'have sex to prove you like me. Have sex to prove I'm the only one you want. Have sex and maybe we can get together' they don't want any of those things just the sex.
Seriously you need to move on and find someone who actually cares about you, because he doesn't.
If you don't take the advice that we've given you and continue chasin someone who has no interest in you, I hope you remember our words when he hurts you
Reply 14
Original post by ct2k7
It is easier said that done

That's a cop out. If she respects herself she will get rid.
Cut him out of your life, and put it down to experience :smile: Also counselling helps everyone :dontknow:
Reply 16
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Cut him out of your life, and put it down to experience :smile: Also counselling helps everyone :dontknow:

Councelling over this :/?! Can't tell if serious or not..
Original post by sekret
Councelling over this :/?! Can't tell if serious or not..

Over the fact that she keeps going back to an unhealthy relationship; there are probably deeper issues going on there :dontknow:
Reply 18
QUOTE=IndigoRockGirl;38034651]Over the fact that she keeps going back to an unhealthy relationship; there are probably deeper issues going on there :dontknow:

At some point in almost everyones life, they will probably go back to someone who treated them poorly or wasn't exactly a great match for them. If he starts becoming physically abusive or harmful then yes take it further but it just seems like a case of infactuation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending