I installed Windows 8 release preview a few days ago and here are my impressions.
First, the good:
1) I like some of the Metro apps, like Internet Explorer and msnbc news.
2) Windows 8 is faster than Windows 7.
Now, the bad:
1) Metro IE and Desktop IE are independent: they don't share your last viewed pages.
2) It takes 4 steps to shut down or restart:
a. Move the mouse to the top-left or top-right corner.
b. Click on Settings.
c. Click on Power.
d. Click on Shut down or Restart.
Compare this to Windows 7 where you can just click Start, Shut down.
3) It is difficult to stay in metro: when you click on a pdf document, for example, it goes to the desktop.
4) Likewise, it is difficult to stay on the desktop: to search for something, you have to go back to metro. They should never have removed the start button.
Due to these negatives, I won't be upgrading to Windows 8 when it's released. What about you?
Last edited by thomaskurian89; 06-06-2012 at 23:17.