The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Unit 3 19/06/2012 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Memphis93
I'm just doing question on trigonometry and all I can say is PAST PAPERS, AND PRACTICE LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
Learn the formula for sin, cos and tan as well.

thanks babe xx
Need 153/160 UMS for A* :'(
Reply 22
I'm just doing question on trigonometry and all I can say is PAST PAPERS, AND PRACTICE LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
Learn the formula for sin, cos and tan as well.

What past papers are there to use? The spec is new.
Reply 23
Original post by krisshP
What past papers are there to use? The spec is new.

Well your teacher was OBLIGED to provide you with a fresh pack of past papers ordered from Edexcel. The book contains 10 past papers and they are from the new spec.
Reply 24
Well your teacher was OBLIGED to provide you with a fresh pack of past papers ordered from Edexcel. The book contains 10 past papers and they are from the new spec.

What I hate so much is that they should have been published on the site for edexcel as well. I have done only a few modular papers in school for example on as a mock. However I think just before the exam my teacher will make us do extra practice papers in class.
Reply 25

There are NO past papers for Unit 3. This is a new specification and papers have never been set for Unit 3.
Edexcel have produced a Specimen Paper, A Mock Paper and 3 Practice papers for Foundation and Higher tier.

Your teacher may have provided you with practice papers produced by independent publishers to match the Edexcel specification (e.g. CGP or Churchill Maths). These would have to be paid for and a school would not be obliged to provide them.
Original post by gdunne42

Edexcel have produced a Specimen Paper, A Mock Paper and 3 Practice papers for Foundation and Higher tier.

Your teacher may have provided you with practice papers produced by independent publishers to match the Edexcel specification (e.g. CGP or Churchill Maths).

Are any of these available on-line - if so can someone post a link? I was only given the specimen paper. I need higher papers to practise on.
Reply 27
Original post by martianfrog
Are any of these available on-line - if so can someone post a link? I was only given the specimen paper. I need higher papers to practise on.

Not that I know of - except on secure web sites only accessible to teachers
Ask your teacher next week?
Reply 28
Does anyone have a link to all the circle theorems we need to know?
Original post by gdunne42
Not that I know of - except on secure web sites only accessible to teachers
Ask your teacher next week?

Not too easy as she has left the school as of last week. :frown:
Original post by LordBradburn
Need 153/160 UMS for A* :'(

I need 158... so I'm expecting an A overall haha
I managed to get myself onto an A* overall- literally by just one mark, by doing a retake. So I need an A* in this exam. Unfortunately I have no idea how to revise maths and can't remember anything.
Reply 32
Actually, there are more papers for Unit 3 than you think. There are some papers in the Specification Booklet on the Edexcel Website, which many of you haven't seen. Edexcel have also released an addition of a mock paper and 3 extra practise papers, making a total of 6 papers overall. Our school has also purchased Churchill Papers which consists of 10 papers for Unit 3 which are really good if you want to get good marks in the harder questions.
Reply 33
Original post by ThirdSnowLeopard
I managed to get myself onto an A* overall- literally by just one mark, by doing a retake. So I need an A* in this exam. Unfortunately I have no idea how to revise maths and can't remember anything.

Hi,
Go to this link, and go to page 135 if you are sitting the Higher Tier Paper:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCSE2010/Content_Exemplification_B.pdf

Thanks
Reply 34
Hi,

Here are some mock and practise papers for Unit 3 and the Mark Schemes. Credit goes to Edexcel for producing great quality papers for us. Enjoy and please comment

Happy Revising!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
There is also a PDF but unfortunately, I can't post it here because of size restrictions. Any Ideas on how to put it on?
Reply 36
Papers for GCSE Edexcel Unit 3 Higher are now here!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2024228

Good Luck
Use Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/) and then post the link on here?:biggrin:
Reply 38
Hi... Just wondering does anyone have the markschemes for the Churchill maths papers (Unit 3 Higher)?
Would really appreciate if someone could put a link up!
Reply 39
Original post by Smile12345
Hi... Just wondering does anyone have the markschemes for the Churchill maths papers (Unit 3 Higher)?
Would really appreciate if someone could put a link up!

I do have the churchill papers but Im not allowed to put them up because they cant be used outside of the licence's school, sorry. But have a loot at my papers that I posted for Unit 3, link is above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending