The Student Room Group

Resit student applying for pharmacy

Hey guys just needed some help,
if i was to not get great grades in my final year of college, my a2's. And i wanted to apply for pharmacy the following year, what grades would i need first time round to be looked at as potential candidate?

generally speaking ofc is it around BBB/c?
Are resit students even considered for pharmacy? Just making sure thanks xxx
Original post by orihime-lover
Hey guys just needed some help,
if i was to not get great grades in my final year of college, my a2's. And i wanted to apply for pharmacy the following year, what grades would i need first time round to be looked at as potential candidate?

generally speaking ofc is it around BBB/c?
Are resit students even considered for pharmacy? Just making sure thanks xxx

Do a search on the UCAS website to find out for yourself as this is basically what you're asking other people to do for you. Each university is different and has different typical offers as well as different policies for resit candidates so it's much better for you to do your own research and relate it to your personal situation. Then once you have a short list you can come back to TSR and ask people to help you further then because at the moment the answer to all of your questions are basically "it depends" without me going onto UCAS and doing your search for you.
Most medical schools don't accept resists what most medical schools mean when they say they don't allow resits is those that have done their a levels in more than 2 years, however there are a lot of schools that don't allow a2 module resits or any module resits in general but not sure which ones they are.

Good luck @orihime
May I ask where you are applying @ orihime : then I can tell you their policy ?
Reply 4
Original post by tupac makaveli
May I ask where you are applying @ orihime : then I can tell you their policy ?

Most likely Imperial, university of london, kings if they offer pharmacy. Ones in london/near london really.

I looked on the imperial website but they didnt mention anyhting about pharmacy. This worries me, i dont think i'll achieve the aab requirement this year which is why i'm asking this.

thanks for your help :smile: xx
London : " We only consider applications from such candidates if they have previously applied to the Royal Free and University College Medical School and have previously held a firm offer of a place with us."

St George UNi London : "We do not accept candidates who are taking A Levels over three years but candidates may resit modules within years 12 and 13."

Resits only considered with extenuating circumstances. : kings college London

Are those answering your question , sorry of they are not ( new on TSR :smile:
Btw your welcome, good luck and best wishes :smile::biggrin: xx and feel free to put any further questions and I will try to answer to best of my ability and knowledge
Reply 7
Best thing to do is contact them directly as you'll get a response from a admissions tutor who'll be up to date. I suggest you ring them up rather than e-mail as sometimes I've had to wait 2-3 weeks for a reply
Reply 8
Original post by tupac makaveli
London : " We only consider applications from such candidates if they have previously applied to the Royal Free and University College Medical School and have previously held a firm offer of a place with us."

St George UNi London : "We do not accept candidates who are taking A Levels over three years but candidates may resit modules within years 12 and 13."

Resits only considered with extenuating circumstances. : kings college London

Are those answering your question , sorry of they are not ( new on TSR :smile:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, i really appreciate you taking the time out to check for me

i called up kings college, ucl and kingston and they've told me they do consider resit students for pharmacy as long as they've met the entry requirements or are predicted the entry requirements when they're applying. so it wouldnt matter if it's taken me 3 years to get the grades as opposed to the 2.

Reply 9
Original post by Waqar.
Best thing to do is contact them directly as you'll get a response from a admissions tutor who'll be up to date. I suggest you ring them up rather than e-mail as sometimes I've had to wait 2-3 weeks for a reply

Thanks Waqar, i've just done that actually and kings ucl and kingston do consider resit students :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by oxymoronic
Do a search on the UCAS website to find out for yourself as this is basically what you're asking other people to do for you. Each university is different and has different typical offers as well as different policies for resit candidates so it's much better for you to do your own research and relate it to your personal situation. Then once you have a short list you can come back to TSR and ask people to help you further then because at the moment the answer to all of your questions are basically "it depends" without me going onto UCAS and doing your search for you.

You're right, i have done this thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks Waqar, i've just done that actually and kings ucl and kingston do consider resit students :smile:

No problem :smile: Btw, you might want to bear in mind that they all have a different meaning for "resit"
Reply 12
Original post by Waqar.
No problem :smile: Btw, you might want to bear in mind that they all have a different meaning for "resit"

oh no , im sure they got the idea though right? i mean ucl said i have to get 3 a's to then be eligible, and I asked on all 3 occasions i called that "is there a requirement whereby you have to achieve certain grades ie bcc in the first attempt ie the 2 years " and they said no. So i mean they must've understood right? i'd feel stupid calling again lol even though they don't know my name
Reply 13
oh no , im sure they got the idea though right? i mean ucl said i have to get 3 a's to then be eligible, and I asked on all 3 occasions i called that "is there a requirement whereby you have to achieve certain grades ie bcc in the first attempt ie the 2 years " and they said no. So i mean they must've understood right? i'd feel stupid calling again lol even though they don't know my name

I'm sure it's fine, dont worry about it :smile:
Do Aston, Manchester, Kings have policies on resit candidates? Or are they considered equally as regular 2 year A Level students?

Also on UCAS it says the requirements for Kings College is AABc but on the Kings website it says AAB + pass at AS Level. Both for 2013 entry

Which is right?
Original post by The Doggfather
Do Aston, Manchester, Kings have policies on resit candidates? Or are they considered equally as regular 2 year A Level students?

Also on UCAS it says the requirements for Kings College is AABc but on the Kings website it says AAB + pass at AS Level. Both for 2013 entry

Which is right?

Its the same thing, AAB+ pass at AS level, is the same as AABc, because the little c means that its an AS level, and a pass is a C.So its the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending