The Student Room Group

if im good looking

Why the hell do i never get nice looking girls ask me out?

Ive dated a few good looking girls, but i never seem to see hot girls looking at me and therefore never want to approach them and ask them out, im not quiet either i do talk to them.

People say im good looking often and say i cant have any trouble with the ladies, but i bloody do and its ****.

I have had some OK girls ask me out but no-one i would consider dating (I have dated nicer girls including a GF), and even that doesent happen very often.

In the clubs i dont have great luck either.

Help me brahs

Scroll to see replies

It's rare that a girl will ask a guy out, it's just how society is. Attractive girls will have many guys after them and so they don't have to do anything but choose who they like the most.

If you don't have much luck in clubs, then you probably are not as good looking as you claim.
Reply 2
You've got to be pro-active and approach these girls, even if they are intimidating because of their looks.

Practice approaching average looking girls first until you have enough confidence to approach the hot ones.

Like TheInformer said, those girls will have a lot of guys wanting them, so you must stand out and not be intimidated by them and to not put them on a pedestal - treat them like any other girl, make them a little jealous, etc.
Original post by SugarPuffs
You've got to be pro-active and approach these girls, even if they are intimidating because of their looks.

Practice approaching average looking girls first until you have enough confidence to approach the hot ones.

Like TheInformer said, those girls will have a lot of guys wanting them, so you must stand out and not be intimidated by them and to not put them on a pedestal - treat them like any other girl, make them a little jealous, etc.

True, the thing is with really attractive girls, although they will get a lot of attention, they wont be directly approached as much due to the "intimidation factor" so use that to your advantage.
Reply 4
what about the club situation? i have had a good few nights out where i approached and pulled a hottie, but most of the time i dont know what to say in the clubs etc?

I dont know how good looking i am, but i get told a lot, im always 6 foot 1, but a bit skinny
Original post by Anonymous
what about the club situation? i have had a good few nights out where i approached and pulled a hottie, but most of the time i dont know what to say in the clubs etc?

I dont know how good looking i am, but i get told a lot, im always 6 foot 1, but a bit skinny

If you were good looking, you'd know it. Clubs are all about looks, if you look good then you should be able to pull 8/10 times.
im always 6 foot 1

This is where you're going wrong. You should be varying your height almost constantly. That's what really gets attention from the ladies.

On topic: I think there are different types of good looking. There's the sort of good looks that, if you have them, will be the first thing people will notice about you, and that would probably get you more female attention, particularly in a club situation. But then there's being good looking enough that people, when they think about it, would say that you're better looking than most, but it's not sufficiently striking that women you don't know will take an interest in you upon seeing you once. Like you, I think I'm probably told I'm good looking more often than most are, but I'd consider myself to be in the second category - maybe that's where you are too. It's certainly not a bad way to be - you're not going to turn heads walking down the street or entering a room, but it means you've got a good chance with people you actually get talking to, even if they don't all flock to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Chumbaniya
This is where you're going wrong. You should be varying your height almost constantly. That's what really gets attention from the ladies.

On topic: I think there are different types of good looking. There's the sort of good looks that, if you have them, will be the first thing people will notice about you, and that would probably get you more female attention, particularly in a club situation. But then there's being good looking enough that people, when they think about it, would say that you're better looking than most, but it's not sufficiently striking that women you don't know will take an interest in you upon seeing you once. Like you, I think I'm probably told I'm good looking more often than most are, but I'd consider myself to be in the second category - maybe that's where you are too. It's certainly not a bad way to be - you're not going to turn heads walking down the street or entering a room, but it means you've got a good chance with people you actually get talking to, even if they don't all flock to you.

i understand what you mean but my looks get talked about nearly every day, surely if it was just decent looking they wouldent be talked about as much, its always by older women who are married or who can say it without meaning they want to be involved because im obviously younger, maybe thats why the younger ones dont say anything? i dont know
Reply 8
Why the hell do i never get nice looking girls ask me out?

Ive dated a few good looking girls, but i never seem to see hot girls looking at me and therefore never want to approach them and ask them out, im not quiet either i do talk to them.

People say im good looking often and say i cant have any trouble with the ladies, but i bloody do and its ****.

I have had some OK girls ask me out but no-one i would consider dating (I have dated nicer girls including a GF), and even that doesent happen very often.

In the clubs i dont have great luck either.

Help me brahs

Looks obviously matter but in general I think women value personality a lot more than most men do, my suggestion would be that your over-inflated opinion of your own attractiveness has caused you to come across as arrogant and a bit of a general t***er therefore resulting in most intelligent girls avoiding you due to your personality.

That theory is however somewhat contradicted by your inability to pull in clubs, my suspicion is that your standards are either absurdly high (coming back to the over-inflated opinion of your own attractiveness) or you smell exceptionally bad.
If you're really half as attractive as you seem to think you are then even with your fairly constant height you should be able to find someone drunk enough, stupid enough or desperate enough to get with you in a club.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Josh93
Looks obviously matter but in general I think women value personality a lot more than most men do, my suggestion would be that your over-inflated opinion of your own attractiveness has caused you to come across as arrogant and a bit of a general t***er therefore resulting in most intelligent girls avoiding you due to your personality.

That theory is however somewhat contradicted by your inability to pull in clubs, my suspicion is that your standards are either absurdly high (coming back to the over-inflated opinion of your own attractiveness) or you smell exceptionally bad.
If you're really half as attractive as you seem to think you are then even with your fairly constant height you should be able to find someone drunk enough, stupid enough or desperate enough to get with you in a club.

Hope this helps :smile:

my standards arent high on a night out, i will take most things haha, i dont think so high of myself im going off what everyone tells me, i know i am not ugly, but people tell me a lot about being handsome/good looking etc etc.
The fact that you think you are so good looking and deserve a good looking girl to match would put me off. You can't be that shallow or you might miss the chance with a perfect girl who doesn't quite look like a model. Confidence is good but too confident is definately a turn off for me.
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
The fact that you think you are so good looking and deserve a good looking girl to match would put me off. You can't be that shallow or you might miss the chance with a perfect girl who doesn't quite look like a model. Confidence is good but too confident is definately a turn off for me.

It's entirely natural for people to gravitate towards partners who are similarly attractive to themselves, and to set their standards based on their own qualities. But for whatever reason, it's considered by most to be incredibly arrogant to believe oneself to be good-looking and to only take an interest in good-looking potential partners, but absolutely fine to believe oneself to be, say, intelligent, and look for potential partners who are intelligent.

One day, humanity will sort out the giant cluster**** that is physical attraction.
Reply 12
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx

Not necessarily, i know Im really good looking and I still managed to get a really pretty girlfriend.
Reply 13
my standards arent high on a night out, i will take most things haha, i dont think so high of myself im going off what everyone tells me, i know i am not ugly, but people tell me a lot about being handsome/good looking etc etc.

And the majority of these people have been middle aged, right?
When they say 'you're a handsome young man' that doesn't translate to 'I'd love to be 20 and single again just so I could get you in my pants'....

If you are genuinely an attractive guy then as I said, it's personality which is the problem.
Reply 14
Original post by EddieC
Not necessarily, i know Im really good looking and I still managed to get a really pretty girlfriend.

Pretty and perfect are synonymous in your vocabularly?
Reply 15
Original post by Chumbaniya
But for whatever reason, it's considered by most to be incredibly arrogant to believe oneself to be good-looking and to only take an interest in good-looking potential partners

I agree. It's bull****. I don't see a problem with people believing themselves to be good looking. And if a good looking person is arrogant, it's their personality that influences it and not their looks alone. There are plenty of arrogant unattractive people too. No wonder some people lack confidence if they feel guilty about liking how they look.

In general I think that point of view comes from our British ways - that one must not be flashy about what we've got and be as modest as possible. I think that's not a bad thing and that a person can feel confident in how they look without being immodest or arrogant.
Reply 16
Original post by Josh93
And the majority of these people have been middle aged, right?
When they say 'you're a handsome young man' that doesn't translate to 'I'd love to be 20 and single again just so I could get you in my pants'....

If you are genuinely an attractive guy then as I said, it's personality which is the problem.

some of them have said if they were my age they would date etc, i just figured its always the older ones because they arent scared to voice thier opinion because they know i wont take it the wrong way and start to try and **** them haha
Reply 17
Original post by Josh93
Pretty and perfect are synonymous in your vocabularly?

yes
I dunno why you are believing older women. You don't want to pull them do you? So why would you care if they find you good looking, they might find Terry down the pub a bit tasty too.

I'm not gonna lie, I get girls come up to me and chat me up quite a lot. I can't say for sure why that is, but if I had to guess it's more to do with the way I carry myself. I have some mates who are promo models and they don't get the same treatment, but then they stand reallly awkwardly in clubs, can't dance and aren't comfortable talking to people initially.

So maybe you're awkward? Maybe you should make a bit more effort yourself, I know a lot of girls who will refuse to approach guys out of principle.
Reply 19
Original post by EddieC
yes

Then you are a fool - how 'pretty' do you imagine that either of you will be 30 years from now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending