The Student Room Group

3 Most Important Factors to look for in a Partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ct2k7
Interesting no one is looking for honesty, or is that a given?

I mentioned it! :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by RedDevilThing
I mentioned it! :tongue:

I feel like I can't read :/

Repped
Reply 42
Lol at everyone picking 'attractiveness' (not that I don't condone it)

For me -

1) Personality
2) Sense of humour
3) Friendliness
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
Lol at everyone picking 'attractiveness' (not that I don't condone it)

For me -

1) Personality
2) Sense of humour
3) Friendliness

lol

All of that applies to my Dad, should I date him?

The only reason I picked attraction first is because that is what all relationships are based on. I've been attracted to some women who were not very trustworthy so trust comes 2nd and then sexual compatibility comes after that. For me personally, these three are the most important.

Attraction is obviously subjective so it's pointless putting physical traits in there like nice hair, cute smile etc.
Reply 44
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol

All of that applies to my Dad, should I date him?

The only reason I picked attraction first is because that is what all relationships are based on. I've been attracted to some women who were not very trustworthy so trust comes 2nd and then sexual compatibility comes after that. For me personally, these three are the most important.

Attraction is obviously subjective so it's pointless putting physical traits in there like nice hair, cute smile etc.

Haha! This is what I look for in girls. I don't ask for much. I believe personality makes a girl attractive. I have liked girls that I never was attracted to until I met them and seen them for who they are. Trust me those 3 factors (for me) is hard to find these days. I often find a lot of the girls I meet very boring/shallow/materialistic/attention seeking/unfriendly/WAG wannabes/Made In Chelsea wannabes/Celebrity wannabes etc etc
Reply 45
1. Appearance
2. Personality
3. Money
Good sense of humour
Intelligence
Kindness
Original post by im so academic
That's not the point. The point is that you still NEED beauty/attractiveness.

Oh yeah, so beauty doesn't matter at all to you then?

I never saidi dont look for beauty/attractivness, i think ou misread my post - i said

"believe me i look for lots more than the three you have described..."

to me, what ive said does include, by implication, beauty/attractiveness. the bit with "you have described" is reference to your previous post which stated "beauty/attractiveness". sorry to be so technical :smile:
Let me expand on my OP

1) Phyisical Attractiveness

She should have blonde hair and blue eyes, very natural, heightwise about 5ft8 (im 5ft10 btw).

2) Education/career

minimum education should be a university degree, careerwise she should be really driven, in a respectable profession (whatever it maybe).

3) Personality

i really like a fairly shy/humble girl, really easy to chat to, and up for a laugh
1 - Good looks
2 - Wealth (inc. good career)
3 - Personality
Must be good looking.....
Educated
And erm interesting, have similar interests
Not that I really have a choice in the matter...

- Personality - good sense of humour (might laugh at my jokes); similar interests (perhaps an interest in music and gigs); kind; maybe slightly introverted; honest
- Physical Attractiveness - not too rotund, shall we say; relatively pretty face; smiles back at you
- Genuine - I suppose this comes under personality, but not a social climber or butterfly, appreciates people for who they are.
Genuine/Honest
Ambitious, and has some sort of goal in life to become successful
A good sense of creativity and open-mindedness.

"Healthy" would definitely sit somewhere in that list too..
Reply 53
I was making a point. Women have a long list of qualities that they expect men to fulfil. Men just expect women to be beautiful, sexy and attractive.

not really, I value intelligence and a good sense of humour in women. Lets be hoenst, women aren't as funny as men so we're not exactly going to look for a hilarious women but she can't take herself too seriously
Reply 54
1 - A curious mind, someone who views the world differently than most, almost philosophically.
2 - Elegance, I believe any body can be beautiful in the way that it reflects a person's character.
3 - Someone who is honorable and values their moral code.
Reply 55
Original post by jacqueline789
1 - Good looks
2 - Wealth (inc. good career)
3 - Personality

what do you offer in return?
Reply 56
More so for men. A decent guy with a decent personality can win a lot of female hearts.

oh for ****s sake, you're like a broken record, based on your reasoning, no women who weren't beautiful would be married, open your ****ing eyes, you;re delusional. Obv beatiful women are admired by men as very handsome men are admired by women but you need more
Reply 57
More so for men. A decent guy with a decent personality can win a lot of female hearts.

p.s notice how many women here are saying attractive as one of their requirements
Original post by outOfFayz
I meet all the specified traits and more.

I am FOREVER ALONE.

Thus, you are all liars.

If you change that attitude, you'll have more luck :smile:
1) personality
2) attractive
3) trust / romantic 😘

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending