The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smellycat123
Im thinking it could be something on economic vs environmental sustainability or sustainable tourism?

Well I want it to be sustainable tourism but in jan 12' the question sort of encompassed those two topics unfortunately! Tnc question could be a statement saying tnc's are the main drivers of globalisation, to what extent to you agree? So it would just be like the NIC question they did in one paper, it's just the causes of globalisation really!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What are peoples predictions then as to what is likely to come up? :smile:
Original post by VanessaXD
what question could they ask for that?

Something along the lines of 'TNCs are the main drivers of globalisation' to what extent do you agree? Just like the NIC question they set before, it's basically a causes of globalisation question :smile: or they could say TNCs cause more harm than good, then you debate that one

Original post by student1234567891
Something along the lines of 'TNCs are the main drivers of globalisation' to what extent do you agree? Just like the NIC question they set before, it's basically a causes of globalisation question :smile: or they could say TNCs cause more harm than good, then you debate that one

thanks (:
It was weird, i sorta had a dream yesterday about a TNC question coming up and something about china LOL,
Reply 745
Original post by Alia223
what revision guide can I get if haven't done ANY revision for this exam?
-.-

I got the My Revision Notes AQA A2 Geography which has been extremely helpful :smile: Not loads of detail but covers everything you need to know & has practice questions :smile:

Hope this helps!!
Reply 746
It was weird, i sorta had a dream yesterday about a TNC question coming up and something about china LOL,

Premonition? :colone:
Original post by d_aan
Premonition? :colone:

hope so :P it happened with the 4B paper aswel and the question actually came up :L (:
For asses the main drivers of globalisation what factors would people choose?
NICS, TNCs, transport development..
Original post by Bornblue
For asses the main drivers of globalisation what factors would people choose?
NICS, TNCs, transport development..

Woah, NICs are arguably not a main driver of globalisation, more like a backseat passenger! You want to talk about TNCs, container revolution, communications development, increased education levels across the world, etc :smile:

Oh I'd so hate a China question! The only question I could bare to answer on D&G would be an essay on sustainable tourism or TNCs! Not touching the structured question though, sheesh

Reply 751
Original post by jayeshchhaya
-Good chance tectonics essay will be on plate tectonic theory.
-If not that it will most likely be on earthquakes (phsyical+human factors)
-Im pretty sure the essay wont just be on Tsunamis :eek: it will be included as a physical factor in earthquakes essay

I think it will be on earthquakes --> Physical factors + Human factors. I don't think it'll be on plate tectonics theory as it came up recently in January 2011. My prediction is on earthquakes. Earthquakes can lead to Tsunamis. So in a way, you can link the essay and structure it to include Tsunamis like the Japanese one and the south-east Asian one :smile:
Reply 752
Original post by Sagga
I think it will be on earthquakes --> Physical factors + Human factors. I don't think it'll be on plate tectonics theory as it came up recently in January 2011. My prediction is on earthquakes. Earthquakes can lead to Tsunamis. So in a way, you can link the essay and structure it to include Tsunamis like the Japanese one and the south-east Asian one :smile:

I don't know if my brain has hit meltdown but by physical and human factors you mean...

Human: PPPPR/ development can affect the impact of them?

Physical: Magnitude of earthquake, can't think of much else right now.
Anyone else thinking the possibilities are quite close to what is on the specimen Paper... Hmmmm

Also, the plate tectonics essay on theory in 2011 didn't get a great report from examiners, so I'm thinking they may want to test us again!
Just reading everyone's predictions :smile:
I'd love anything to do with sustainable tourism/ecotourism/TNCs/Trade blocs for the essay question (though judging by the past papers this is pretty unlikely. I will actually cry if a question on NICs came up.) As for plate tectonics and world cities, I'm not fussed, though I have revised retailing until the cows come home.

I'm doing a very stupid thin for the exam. I don't know about other people, but we're taught four topics:
-world cities
-globalisation
-plate tectonics
-ecosystems.
I've done ZERO revision for ecosystems (I just don't get any of it) which means I don't have a back-up if the questions are awful.
I had such a bad/weird dream about this exam last night D: firstly, I was running late to do the paper, secondly the exam questions were weird! The tectonics one was about the Japan 2011 earthquake and tsunamis! But all the essay questions had like pre release hand outs with them and the questions themselves were put weirdly o_0 lets hope ( apart from a tsunamis question!) that it's definitley not like that! :L
Original post by buildalegohouse
Just reading everyone's predictions :smile:
I'd love anything to do with sustainable tourism/ecotourism/TNCs/Trade blocs for the essay question (though judging by the past papers this is pretty unlikely. I will actually cry if a question on NICs came up.) As for plate tectonics and world cities, I'm not fussed, though I have revised retailing until the cows come home.

I'm doing a very stupid thin for the exam. I don't know about other people, but we're taught four topics:
-world cities
-globalisation
-plate tectonics
-ecosystems.
I've done ZERO revision for ecosystems (I just don't get any of it) which means I don't have a back-up if the questions are awful.

hey :smile: dont worry!! i only revised 3! its fine cos you may not have a choice for human but you will still get to choose out of 2 human essays and one will probably be easier than the other! it'll be fine!!
x
Reply 757
Original post by d_aan
I don't know if my brain has hit meltdown but by physical and human factors you mean...

Human: PPPPR/ development can affect the impact of them?

Physical: Magnitude of earthquake, can't think of much else right now.

Yes that's exactly what I mean! Also physical --> can lead to tsunami

Human--> How preparedness can save people. IE how responses and knowledge can save people. How well built the buildings are. One great example is the 8.0 magnitude in China in 1556 killed around 830,000 people due to lack of preparedness. On the other hand the Japanese earthquake which was greater than 9 on the richter scale killed under 20000 people due to good defences and planning
Hey, I'm just wondering, but if you are definitley doing World Cities as your short answer questions (as I only do 1 human and 2 physical topics), what case studies do you recommend, and to what depth shall I know them? I've got quite a few, but I don't really know which ones I should really be learning? thanks :smile:
Reply 759
Original post by Sagga
Yes that's exactly what I mean! Also physical --> can lead to tsunami

Human--> How preparedness can save people. IE how responses and knowledge can save people. How well built the buildings are. One great example is the 8.0 magnitude in China in 1556 killed around 830,000 people due to lack of preparedness. On the other hand the Japanese earthquake which was greater than 9 on the richter scale killed under 20000 people due to good defences and planning

So like physical factors which caused the earthquake or led to it? and human factors to the extent in which the country was it?

so not talking effects really? :L sorry for confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending