The Student Room Group

Help with 1 Biology Question !

Good Morning Fellow Student Room Users :smile:
I have one question which i do need help with :
Explain the steps involved in biosynthesis of protein including the roles of RNA
Thank you very much
Reply 1
Original post by A-d-S10
Good Morning Fellow Student Room Users :smile:
I have one question which i do need help with :
Explain the steps involved in biosynthesis of protein including the roles of RNA
Thank you very much

do we have to talk about translation
Reply 2
Original post by otrivine
do we have to talk about translation

I Think we do have to talk about translation but i am clueless when it comes to translation as i have no idea what occours :frown:
Could you help me please ?
Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by A-d-S10
I Think we do have to talk about translation but i am clueless when it comes to translation as i have no idea what occours :frown:
Could you help me please ?
Thank you

of course i can :smile:

Mrna leaves via the nuclear pore and attaches to the ribosome. Trna brings an amino acid to ribosome and forms complementary anticodon.Triplet codes. The amino acids join together by peptide bonds. Mrna reads the amino acid and trna keeps bringing the amino acids so more joining of amino acids. Then a stop codon is reached and therefore is no more joining of amino acids and the stop codons are UUA for example which we are given in the exam for sure
Reply 4
of course i can :smile:

Mrna leaves via the nuclear pore and attaches to the ribosome. Trna brings an amino acid to ribosome and forms complementary anticodon.Triplet codes. The amino acids join together by peptide bonds. Mrna reads the amino acid and trna keeps bringing the amino acids so more joining of amino acids. Then a stop codon is reached and therefore is no more joining of amino acids and the stop codons are UUA for example which we are given in the exam for sure

Thank you very much for your help :biggrin:
Is this everything i need to answer this question, do i need to know anything extra ?
Reply 5
Original post by A-d-S10
Thank you very much for your help :biggrin:
Is this everything i need to answer this question, do i need to know anything extra ?

how many marks was the question
Reply 6
how many marks was the question

It was a Question handed out by the teacher and it doesnt specifiy the marks alllocated. Our teacher is really strict on making sure the answer is revelant to the question. Do you think the answer, answers the question fully ?
Do you think it would help to include a diagram as well ?

Quick Reply