The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What if I partly complete conditional offer?

Hi guys!

I was really delightful that I received an offer but, however, I feel I can not fully fulfil the requirements which are stated for me.

So the question is, what if I achieved 8.8 instead of 9.0 needed in the subject which is the main for my studies. Will I be accepted or rejected without any hopes?

Thanks in advance.
Well you haven't 'partly' met the offer, you've missed it. The university has no obligation to take you, but hey you might have some hope.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
It's entirely at the discretion of the university, if they really like your application in general and don't have a massive amount of competition for the course then they may well take you anyway.

However, they are completely within their rights to give your place to someone else that did get the results and will probably do so if they are oversubscribed/there's a lot of competition for places - I definitely think you have hope and there's nothing to say that you won't get the required result yet, but I would make sure you have a good insurance choice anyway just in case.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ellakrystina
Well you haven't 'partly' met the offer, you've missed it. The university has no obligation to take you, but hey you might have some hope.

Original post by Josh93
It's entirely at the discretion of the university, if they really like your application in general and don't have a massive amount of competition for the course then they may well take you anyway.

However, they are completely within their rights to give your place to someone else that did get the results and will probably do so if they are oversubscribed/there's a lot of competition for places - I definitely think you have hope and there's nothing to say that you won't get the required result yet, but I would make sure you have a good insurance choice anyway just in case.

Best of luck :smile:

Em... it's economics...
Reply 4
Original post by RoyalStudent
Em... it's economics...

The level of competition still depends on the uni. But yeah, don't count on them being forgiving if you miss the offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Josh93
The level of competition still depends on the uni. But yeah, don't count on them being forgiving if you miss the offer.

Original post by ellakrystina

And what if I was heavily ill during the examination? Will it somehow help me?
Reply 6

Call the university and ask them.
In some cases they may be more forgiving if you were really ill but I think they would want to contact your college and confirm it etc and again, I wouldn't count on it. They have absolutely no obligation to take you if you missed your offer, irrespective of why you missed it.
Reply 7
for a course as competitive as economics i doubt they'll compromise on their offer. So you better work your ass to meet your requirement.
Reply 8

This is a question you would need to ask the university. They may well be unable to make any promises until results day, although the exam board may have procedures to adjust your results to take account of this.

There is in fact a member of the economics department who posts on this forum, see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792980

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending