The Student Room Group

Are UMS boundaries for OCR A-Level sciences always the same?

Hi,

I asked a similar question a couple of days ago but I've confused myself thinking about it.

We'll take OCR A2 Level Physics A as an example - if you look at the UMS grade boundaries here, you can see that an A grade in Physics A in January 2011 was equivalent to 120 UMS points.

My question is this: if you achieve an A grade based on the raw mark grade boundary, will this always be equal to 120 UMS, irrespective of what the raw mark grade boundary for an A is set at?

For example, if the raw mark for an A in one year is 60, then the next year it's 70, will both raw marks be equal to 120 UMS?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by tallen90
Hi,

I asked a similar question a couple of days ago but I've confused myself thinking about it.

We'll take OCR A2 Level Physics A as an example - if you look at the UMS grade boundaries here, you can see that an A grade in Physics A in January 2011 was equivalent to 120 UMS points.

My question is this: if you achieve an A grade based on the raw mark grade boundary, will this always be equal to 120 UMS, irrespective of what the raw mark grade boundary for an A is set at?

For example, if the raw mark for an A in one year is 60, then the next year it's 70, will both raw marks be equal to 120 UMS?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Yes.
Reply 2
Haha, sometimes a short answer is the best answer :smile:

Thanks for your help!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by tallen90
Haha, sometimes a short answer is the best answer :smile:

Thanks for your help!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Haha, your question was very well elaborated so required little elaboration from me! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest