The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

:colondollar: Thanks for the encouraging remarks, guys. :smile: Maybe I should be easier on myself, it's just I really want to keep losing weight and I see it as failure to not achieve what I set out to do......but you're right, it's better than nothing. I will pick myself up and try again tomorrow.
Reply 3361
Original post by avhhs
I seem to be feeling ok right now :smile:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S

Good! I'm glad to hear it :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Keeping tabs on it is always good :yes:

:woo: :yay: :woo:

That's what I thought :smile:
Original post by d123
Not sure how much of how I feel today is side effects and how much is just general feeling odd and how much is in my head. I'm not feeling as bad as I expected to, although I've been so tired all day. Also have aches in my leg, a bit of a headache, a tight feeling in my chest and an odd feeling in my throat. Nothing I can't handle, but it's probably a good idea to keep a record of how I'm feeling so I can track the side effects, right?

With starting a new medication there is often a lot of nervousness about it and placebo side effects are pretty common just because you're expecting them. Keeping an eye on how you feel is a good idea, hopefully the side effects should wear off in time.

For what it's worth with antidepressants I've experienced muscle aches, headaches and tiredness too, I think they're quite common side effects.
Original post by Anonymous
...Does anybody still remember me?

Basically, the last month or so has been awful and I'm in a mental health unit for young people following a suicide attempt. I'm still there and it's unclear how long I'll be here for. I'm on leave at home at the moment hence internet access.

I hope everybody is ok x

:jumphug:

Sorry things got to that stage, hope you are safe now and hope things get better soon.
Reply 3364

:woo: :yay: :woo:

Calm down :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

Just joking :wink: :jumphug: How are you today? :smile:

Original post by d123
Good! I'm glad to hear it :smile:

Original post by avhhs
Calm down :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue:

Just joking :wink: :jumphug: How are you today? :smile:

I don't overuse smileys. At all :nah:

:colondollar:

I'm OK thanks. Finally finished a dissertation book that was taking bloody ages! Giving myself the evening off as a reward. Then back to the books tomorrow! :eek:
I'm quite low. I know I'm the only one who can get myself out of this black hole, but it's difficult when I can't see any reason to fight the battle :frown:
Reply 3367
I don't overuse smileys. At all :nah:

:colondollar:

I'm OK thanks. Finally finished a dissertation book that was taking bloody ages! Giving myself the evening off as a reward. Then back to the books tomorrow! :eek:

That's good :smile: :hugs:. Shame about tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by sunfowers01
I'm quite low. I know I'm the only one who can get myself out of this black hole, but it's difficult when I can't see any reason to fight the battle :frown:

I know how you feel. I feel like that now. :frown:

I also feel like no matter how hard I try to get out of the black hole, there always something trying to suck me back in. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Original post by sunfowers01

Feeling the same tonight to be honest :frown:

Have you tried writing everything down, to get it out there and perhaps feel less hemmed in? I find it helps sometimes :yes:

I just get frustrated when I can't get it out properly... which is why I have a love/hate relationship with drawing, some days I can make things that make me go :eek: How did I draw that, it's great! and then I'll have a day like today where nothing looks or feels right and so I end up screwing the paper up and throwing it away.

Spent the night making cakes and honestly, they taste so awful and bland. My bf and mum said they were good but I don't think I believe them. Also ate about a quarter of a tub of Betty Crocker icing - so about 500 calories in half a minute - for no ****ing good reason. Didn't even taste good. :rolleyes:
Just got in, I've been out all day with varying people and I feel fit to break from the stress of it all however I'm quite proud I managed to do it. Just thought I would update everyone :smile:

Sad to see how many people are struggling today, sending positive vibes to all of you!!
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Generally, I'm just living in a constant state of low moods and disillusion about life to be honest. Right now, I just feel kinda meh. I'm hoping things will just get better in time really.

Nice to hear that you've been having a nice time since uni, and hope it lasts :smile:

Thanks, and sorry this is a real late reply, me and my mate were trying out some legal highs the other day and were in another place :tongue:

I believe things will get better in time for all of us here, we have bad spells and good spells, but as we grow and learn more and become more experianced, so we get better at dealing with and fixing things.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I just get frustrated when I can't get it out properly... which is why I have a love/hate relationship with drawing, some days I can make things that make me go :eek: How did I draw that, it's great! and then I'll have a day like today where nothing looks or feels right and so I end up screwing the paper up and throwing it away.

Spent the night making cakes and honestly, they taste so awful and bland. My bf and mum said they were good but I don't think I believe them. Also ate about a quarter of a tub of Betty Crocker icing - so about 500 calories in half a minute - for no ****ing good reason. Didn't even taste good. :rolleyes:

I seriously feel you with the drawing thing. Some days it all just works out, and other days nothing wants to come together, no matter how hard i try and how much i try to work out what's wrong. Then you feel even worse because it isn;t working :s-smilie:

I dont know if you also feel the same, but i wish i did more drawing/digital painting in my spare time. I always wanted to be good at it since i was a kid, but nowadays im just so friggin lazy now i cant motivate myself, whereas i used to draw every day and love it. I really hate myself for my lack of motivation and letting my passion practically slip away.

With the cooking thing, i duno how much you cook, but from personal experiance with anything cooking related i find you need to mess up a lot before you get it right, guess its the same with a lot of stuff :tongue: mistakes are the best way of learning imo.
Reply 3374
I've become ill again :sad: :cry:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Original post by Meaty_man
Thanks, and sorry this is a real late reply, me and my mate were trying out some legal highs the other day and were in another place :tongue:

I believe things will get better in time for all of us here, we have bad spells and good spells, but as we grow and learn more and become more experianced, so we get better at dealing with and fixing things.

That's OK, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm just hoping time will help me heal certain emotional wounds of mine, as well as help me to realise who I am and what the heck I'm supposed to be doing in this world.
Reply 3376
Second day on 20mg citalopram. Woke up at 4 this morning feeling really alert and haven't been able to sleep since. Forced down a sandwich a couple of hours ago. All my symptoms just seem worse, all in all today was one of the lowest days I can remember.

Is this normal? Right now I'm debating not taking my dose tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
What's up? :console:

Original post by Sultana
Everyone is welcome here, whats up? :hugs:

Hey, sorry for not replying straight away. I went out with my flatmates tonight for one last time cos everyone's going home tomorrow. I've had a really strained relationship with them since Christmas and I just feel very sad about how everything has turned out because of my depression and anxiety. I have no friends at all, not even one person I can speak to. I am feeling very anxious all the time. I am going back to my old job a week on Monday for the summer and I feel terrified. I'm living in a house in second year with people I've not even met. The whole thought of it is making me feel very stressed. I really don't know what to do anymore, I feel like I'm drowning, everything is making me feel anxious and low. I really think uni has managed to screw me up big time - it's like it flicked a switch inside of me and suddenly all the feelings I was managing to control are now suddenly very overwhelming.
Reply 3378
I managed to distract myself today but as soon as I was alone broke. Everything just feels really dark. I hardly slept last night and was hoping to feel really sleepy now so I could just sleep and forget yet I can't. I feel drained but wide awake.
Reply 3379
Need to sleep but I can't. I've been so tired all day but I just can't sleep and my head really hurts.

Latest