The Student Room Group

University application query

Hi there, I will applying for university for 2013 entry, after I have received my AS exam results. Now I felt my exams were mixed, so don't believe I have achieved my desired grades, and therefore am really worried I will be rejected from my desired uni choices. What happens then about January resists, because will the uni get these results and alter there view, or will they reject your application beforehand?:/ Thank you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by allyz04
Hi there, I will applying for university for 2013 entry, after I have received my AS exam results. Now I felt my exams were mixed, so don't believe I have achieved my desired grades, and therefore am really worried I will be rejected from my desired uni choices. What happens then about January resists, because will the uni get these results and alter there view, or will they reject your application beforehand?:/ Thank you

I did really badly in one of the most important subjects for my course, so I mentioned that I'd be resitting that exam in my personal statement, and I got the offer. You should be fine if you mention it, just make sure you get the grades!
Original post by allyz04

Universities don't get your resit results (unless you tell them.) By the time they come out, the decisions will have been made for the vast nmber of applications. If they've rejected you, it's game over, unless there are very unusual circumstances. I haven't had any experience (in 24 years as a sixth form tutor) of anyone being reappraised after resits. Other TSRians mileage may vary, but I don't think so.
Reply 3
You have to state on your UCAS form that you're resitting modules. Also, ask your teachers to mention in your references that your grades don't match up to your abilities. Some unis may wait until results come out in March, but this is very rare as they like to give decisions before then. It depends on the university as to whether your unusual AS grades affect your chance of getting an offer.

If you show them with the rest of your application (personal statement, other qualifications, teacher references) that you are capable of better results, they should still consider you.

Don't let your grades put you off from applying - there's no point applying to unis you don't like just because there's a chance they'll give you lower offers. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending