The Student Room Group

Dry Spell

My girlfriend and I have been together for a few years now and about two months ago we went from having sex a few times a week to not doing it at all. It's been almost two months and she's been busy, but I cant help but feel this isn't normal? :s-smilie: Any advice on how to get out of this situation?
Maybe there's more to it, have you been arguing?
Also, sex drives can change quite often and it hasn't been very long
You should talk to her about it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend and I have been together for a few years now and about two months ago we went from having sex a few times a week to not doing it at all. It's been almost two months and she's been busy, but I cant help but feel this isn't normal? :s-smilie: Any advice on how to get out of this situation?
Just try not to think about it. She probably still wants to do it, but hasn't been in the mood. Just be nice, make her brews, give her a massage here and there, stuff like that. I went through a dry spell with my girlfriend and the massages helped, because if she's going to get in the mood that gets her there pretty quickly, haha.
have you tried talking to her?

I think thats the best thing- sex can be a complicated thing for women so dont assume theres something wrong with you- but I think this does mean something is wrong... might be helath related... women's sex drives can be more temperamental than mens but in a relationship you need to communicate for it to work
Me & my boyfriend go through dry patches too, best thing to do is firstly explain any concerns, accept the current situation and not let it affect the rest of your relationship. I'm sure it will be back to normal soon :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
Maybe there's more to it, have you been arguing?
Also, sex drives can change quite often and it hasn't been very long
You should talk to her about it

We've not been arguing, she's just been busy but not too busy that we can't make time for each other if you know what I mean.
Any changes in contraceptives such as pills, implants and injections can majorly change the female sex drive due to hormonal imbalances

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
If she's really busy she might just be stressed. Being stressed can completely change a sex drive. Try speaking to her about it because it's important to keep intimacy and a physical side to the relationship; it can break down a relationship if you don't have that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending