The Student Room Group

Has anyone here ever had an addiction?

Scroll to see replies

I was also addicted to Sims 2 on the Nintendo DS. Man, I played that like all day long. I was the best hotel manager ever.
Reply 61
Original post by cl_steele
As the title says really, just curious if any of the good users of TSR have ever suffered from any addiction be it from something like heroin to pain killers to cigarettes or maybe even something more fun like sex :rolleyes:
Personally i've had some issues with Diazepam, Codeine and cigarettes and with hindsight would never have touched them with a bargepole ...
feel free to share your stories :smile:
and of course being in the health section you can post anonymously if you wish :smile:

I had a problem with codeine too. I still use it but I have seriously cut down the amount I take. I never want to take as much as I did ever again because the withdrawals were horrible. I have been offered oxycodeine lots of times before and I'm so glad I never touched it as I could have been a bigger wreck than I am now.

On a lighter note, I'm addicted to Spyro 2 :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by Doskey
I had a problem with codeine too. I still use it but I have seriously cut down the amount I take. I never want to take as much as I did ever again because the withdrawals were horrible. I have been offered oxycodeine lots of times before and I'm so glad I never touched it as I could have been a bigger wreck than I am now.

On a lighter note, I'm addicted to Spyro 2 :biggrin:

yar the come down from it is horric plus some of the side effects i got from it werent especially pleasant, didnt like the nausea it gave me in the slightest -_- how on earth did you managed to get offered that?! i only came across that once and said individual was trying to charge £30 a pop -_- bloody hard to get over here but as you said probably for the best we stayed away from it :tongue:
i was addicted to a person....he was bad for me and id hate being with him, then all of a sudden when we were apart i craved and craved him.

it was really bad
Reply 64
I'm a smoker, wish I never started it's horrible.

I can more or less say I was addicted to counter strike 1.6 when I was younger.

Now I'm just addicted to history.
I was addicted to cigerettes....stopped cold turkey last september. Had one in march. Thats about it.

Smoked for 4years though, so it was tough
Original post by K the Failure
Oh haven't we all... :ashamed:

lol that made me laugh --grrr out of rep damn :mad:

Original post by Politricks
Damn, you got there before me. That game took up a significant portion of my life.

rs was surely time consumming...

My addictions were playing runescape and wasting time cause i sure always ended up wasting time :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Politricks
I remember when I actually used to believe in a god, I used to worry about whether or not heaven had Runescape; that's how addicted I was to the game, true story haha

lol, saradomin the shining light :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by cl_steele
yar the come down from it is horric plus some of the side effects i got from it werent especially pleasant, didnt like the nausea it gave me in the slightest -_- how on earth did you managed to get offered that?! i only came across that once and said individual was trying to charge £30 a pop -_- bloody hard to get over here but as you said probably for the best we stayed away from it :tongue:

I don't know where these people get it from but I'd imagine that it's either stolen or fake. It would be a very expensive habit to keep up for sure and a spiral downwards from there.
Reply 69
I'm sure there is a Diablo thread on TSR somewhere..........
Reply 70
as numerous people have said, runescape is also one of mine

in addition to lucozade, brain lickers, irn bru and many other disgustingly unhealthy foods, but im ashamed to say i dont regret it
Reply 71
Nutella. Still am. Always will be. :awesome:
Original post by Anonymous
Same with me, i did it for 7 years, and i havnt since about october time. Do you ever find when you start again theyre a lot worse (deeper, more scaring etc...)?

I find that the severity of the cuts 100% depend on whatever stupid excuse I'm using to justify it to myself at the time. I think the worst it ever got was when I was about 15, and I thought I was numb. I just wanted to feel something, which in turn, led to deep cuts and terrible, terrible scarring. The last few times, it's just been stress release, so the cuts haven't been that bad really. They'll scar, but they'll fade within a few months, I reckon.
Now I would say Runescape like everyone else here during my younger years. But that was until I found a little something called:

World of Warcraft.

Spent the majority of my teenage years playing that bloody game all day long. Wasted hundreds of pounds, stuck in my room missing out on everything around me. Affected my grades and I even avoided friends to play the game more.

A warning too all, make sure these online games don't take over your life!
Was addicted to Coca Cola for a long time, now I've had to stop drinking it and be super careful with my teeth as I have lots of cavities :frown: I have this irrational fear that I will lose all my teeth before I'm 30 if I don't cut out all the sweet stuff!
I developed a mild addiction to tea in my first year at university - so much so that I remember having to go and find one from the department canteen if I hadn't had one by 10 am!
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats on the improvement :smile: It is indeed a long struggle, but totally worth it.
I was in a very similar boat. Started when I was about 11/12 and decided it wasn't solving my problems, but still found it hard to quit. I'd quit for about a week or two, and then return to it when I felt depressed. It was towards the beginning of this year that a friend slapped some sense into me and made me realise that self harming wasn't doing me any favours.
Haven't cut myself more than once/twice since February :h:

Congratulations! It's a hard thing to stop which makes you even more proud when you don't do it for a long time :biggrin:
Original post by Jamie King
The moment I saw the title of the thread the first thought to come to my mind was RUNESCAPE :colondollar: I think we've all played a fair bit of it in our time. Still a great game but can't be played during GCSE's (He says whilst he is botting at the Range Guild and revising Biology)

Botting in this day and age, that's hardcore :wink:
Reply 78
I was addicted to both cocaine and weed... it turned me into a crack-pot.
I became addicted to painkillers after having to take 1600mg of ibuprofen and 600mg paracetamol for a few month by prescription. After I was done taking those, I just couldn't handle the slightest headache unless I took at least 600mg of ibuprofen to it. This went on for a year until I realised the whole deal and quit immediately. First week was hard, the pain was just unbearable. Nowadays I tend to sleep the headache off rather than taking a pill - I'll only take one if I can't sleep without it.

Quick Reply

Latest