The Student Room Group

Choice of postgrad Master in Internatinal business

Hey guys,

I'm a student from Germany and I received offer letters for International Business from:

- Aston business school
- St. Andrews
- Henley Business school

I'm not quite sure, which direction I want to go yet...

Which of those can you recommend in regards of reputation and which one of those is the best university.

Thanks your help in advance

Greetings
Original post by Saberrider
Hey guys,

I'm a student from Germany and I received offer letters for International Business from:

- Aston business school
- St. Andrews
- Henley Business school

I'm not quite sure, which direction I want to go yet...

Which of those can you recommend in regards of reputation and which one of those is the best university.

Thanks your help in advance

Greetings

They are 3 rather different organisations, so it depends what you want to have on your CV.

St Andrews is a standard university, with a good reputation, though how much of that is simply because Prince William went there is a matter of some debate. But it's a good, traditional, solid university, with no particular reputation for business, but a good general reputation.

Aston is a modern university of relatively modest reputation, apart from the business school which has a good reputation and is well known amongst business people.

Henley isn't a university in any traditional sense but is a pure business school and it has an excellent reputation as such*.

Students would probably rate St Andrews well above Aston for a degree, and quite likely wouldn't even have heard of Henley.

Business people would probably rate Henley well above Aston which is well above St Andrews.

So for you the question is probably where are you in a career and which would suit you better. If you are straight out of undergrad and going for a Masters, then you might want to take the student approach and save Henley for later in a career.

If you already have some professional experience and are trying to accelerate a business career, then Henley is probably best.

* I should probably clarify that Henley Business School is part of Reading University which is a perfectly standard, middle of the range university (with some particular specialities). However, for some reason Henley seems to have a reputation or at least a standing of it's own.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
thx for the information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending