The Student Room Group

If you had one, what was your original life plan (rough idea) and how has your life t

how old are you now...cheers :smile: x
Reply 1
Original post by miss_sexy
how old are you now...cheers :smile: x

At 7 my life plan was to rule the world, at 19 I am now still seeking a means to put that childhood plan into action :colone:
Reply 2
Wanted to (and still want to) become a billionaire from a business idea.

Going to study Engineering in September. So there is still hope. :smile:
Plan at 5: rule the world
at 7: build the tallest building then sky dive off of it
12: ALL DAT CASH MONEY WILL BE MINE
13: become a lawyer
16: go into academia
17: build the tallest building in the world sky dive off of it while throwing all the billions I have that I got from my personal bank since I took over every country. Then when I land run into a courtroom scream "objection!" then go home and read a book.

a.k.a now I have no idea what I want to do.
Reply 4
Up until the age of about 10 my life plan was to become a nurse-teacher-journalist-princess-fireman sam-actress combo, marry someone called David and live in America.

Now I'm nearly 18 and my life plan is to eventually train as a midwife, marry my boyfriend (ironically, his name is a translation of David :tongue: ) and stay living in Wales.
I wanted to have a proper boyfriend by the age of 15. I'm 20 now and still haven't had one :frown:

I wanted to pass my driving test at 17, but didn't end up passing till I was 20.

I wanted to go to uni at 18, but that hasn't happened due to various reasons. I still might go in the future but I'm not sure yet.

Last year I'd been trying to break into journalism, but got rejected from a load of courses and then slowly lost the passion for it :frown:.

I'm not even sure anymore if there's even any point in making big life plans, as mine always somehow manage to go wrong for one reason or another and I end up feeling so disappointed and defeated :sad:. I might just try doing things a bit more short-term for now and then seeing how they go from there :yep:

EDIT: Erm, thanks for negging me for having a disappointing life? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
My original plan when i was 16 was to leave my house as soon as i could, read law, become a top solicitor, get an apartment in the city and go on cool holidays. I didn't believe in emotions, or attachment, and I was somewhat of an individualist.

Im 21 now, I took a year out and spent a lot of time at home fixing my relationships with my parents, and doing charity work, which taught me compassion. I became interested in people and how they lived, eventually leading me to read History at university. I went through a plethora of emotions during the end of my teenage years, with a strange relationship with my religion (Islam), I became interested in its philosophical tenants, though not necessarily it's practice. I fell in love, something I am yet to understand to this day, and something which haunts me, but also reminds me that I'm still human.
Reply 7
I wanted to be Indiana Jones when I was younger. So far I've been to 5 out of 12 countries from the films - Egypt, China, Italy, USA, Portugal and I'll be going to Peru this summer :tongue:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I might just try doing things a bit more short-term for now and then seeing how they go from there :yep:

I try not to make plans because I know they won't happen/ something will go wrong :smile:
Reply 9
at one point at 16 i actually just wanted a **** job that will get me £6 an hour just enough for the weekends.

woke up one day just before the christmas term had started in yr 11 remembering how I'd always wanted to be a doctor, searched more about it, got my first bit of work experience done and I WANT TO BE ONE SO BADLY NOW!
Gotta get those grades! But also I want to enjoy my youth (no not those YOLO kids).
Reply 10
Not even in my wildest dreams did I think I would be married before I was 25.
genuinly wanted to be a professional alcoholic bum, as the teachers wouldnt accept me becoming just a alcoholic bum... with a nice boyfriend

i then found i had a passion for helping young people who have been in situations like mine, and now im at uni, which i never would have thought would happen. and still havnt found the right boy... ahwell still time!
when i was young the one thing i wanted to do was climb mt Everest and im still hoping that one day ill have enough money to do so!
Reply 13
When I was young I just wanted lots of money

At 15 I still want money :colone:
Reply 14
My life has gone pretty much as planned. Which is both a good and bad thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending