The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Had a bad few days, friday night being particularly bad. Not helped afterwards being told that they might inform the DVLA about things and the DVLA might take my license away, if they feel like it. In what world it's meant to be helpful telling me that, I have no idea. It's not like when things get that bad I give a flying **** about whether I'll have a license or not, as it's not really like I'd be around to use it. Just feelings like they're trying to threaten me into feeling better. Sorry vent over :colondollar:
sigh, literally spent most of my day forcing myself not to cry. nothing helps for long either.

now I can't find my headphones which for some reason is really winding me up as well.

urgh, I really really hate being so depressed.

could really do with someone, anyone to talk to, but no-one is about.

sorry.
Never posted here before! :tongue:

Trichotrillomania / impulse control disorder represent.

Bloody sucks, I'd rather at least have a relatively productive form of OCD.. :tongue:
So very embarrassing.

I'm in cognitive behavioural therapy for it at the moment but it doesn't really seem to be doing much.
Reply 3483
Original post by SciFiBoy
sigh, literally spent most of my day forcing myself not to cry. nothing helps for long either.

now I can't find my headphones which for some reason is really winding me up as well.

sorry.

:console: Please stay strong :smile:
Original post by avhhs
:console: Please stay strong :smile:

thanks, really trying to, but is hard :frown:
Reply 3485
thanks, really trying to, but is hard :frown:

:sadnod: :sad:

sorry.

:hugs: It is unbelievably annoying when things like headphones go missing. I swear mine wait til I'm having a bad day then scuttle off and hide :tongue:
Original post by thatsthebadger93
:hugs: It is unbelievably annoying when things like headphones go missing. I swear mine wait til I'm having a bad day then scuttle off and hide :tongue:

very, found a pair now which is good, music doesn't help my mood really, but it helps me sort my head out a bit. most of what I listen to is kinda depressing anyway :tongue:
very, found a pair now which is good, music doesn't help my mood really, but it helps me sort my head out a bit. most of what I listen to is kinda depressing anyway :tongue:

Whatever music you're listening to, please PLEASE never EVER listen to Barry Manilow songs on repeat for 3 hours. Serious low point of my undergrad degree :sadnod:

:grouphugs: for all
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Whatever music you're listening to, please PLEASE never EVER listen to Barry Manilow songs on repeat for 3 hours. Serious low point of my undergrad degree :sadnod:

:grouphugs: for all

don't listen to Barry Manilow :tongue: Manic Street Preachers and The Smiths atm...
don't listen to Barry Manilow :tongue: Manic Street Preachers and The Smiths atm...

Don't worry. Once I was a bit better I was like :lolwut: :eyeball: :facepalm: and vowed never to do such silly things ever again, no matter how bad things get :p:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Don't worry. Once I was a bit better I was like :lolwut: :eyeball: :facepalm: and vowed never to do such silly things ever again, no matter how bad things get :p:

I see :tongue: right now I am flooding my one good ear with noise and writing song lyrics that no-one will ever read.

I'm listening to depressing german music I barely understand that reminds me of being 18... :yy:
I see :tongue: right now I am flooding my one good ear with noise and writing song lyrics that no-one will ever read.

song writer? :five:

Do that a tiny bit myself.
Original post by Alofleicester
song writer? :five:

Do that a tiny bit myself.

yeah...though only when I get really low tbh, so much so I tend to find my own lyrics somewhat triggering when I read them back :erm:

hopefully you manage more cheerful words than I do!
the rocket summer lyrics always make me feel more depressed but warm somehow
yeah...though only when I get really low tbh, so much so I tend to find my own lyrics somewhat triggering when I read them back :erm:

hopefully you manage more cheerful words than I do!

I do it whenever - got a notebook next to my bed for doing so.

Not really - mostly trying to get my own issues down on paper in an attempt to deal with them (not got the logic that follows that idea yet), although I wouldn't mind writing some more protest-y ones.
Original post by Alofleicester
I do it whenever - got a notebook next to my bed for doing so.

Not really - mostly trying to get my own issues down on paper in an attempt to deal with them (not got the logic that follows that idea yet), although I wouldn't mind writing some more protest-y ones.

fair enough

yeah, I know what you mean, protest-y stuff sounds good :yy:
feeling odd today. got an opportunity to go out and have a meal which was kind of nice in itself as for once had the opportunity to relax and take a break way from everything, and the meal itself was nice, but saddened because it reminds me of complete social incompetence and introvertedness even when im more or less comfortable. how am i ever going to succeed in life, let alone make friends and have a social life. i want to change but i dont know how to nor can i find the motivation.
Original post by ilem
I'm considering asking my GP at uni for a referral to a psychiatrist, any ideas how long the waiting time for my appointment would be?

Took about a month for me, that was after I'd failed on citalopram and duloxetine/was clearly a more complex case than the GP could deal with.

Latest