Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression headaches?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014

Hi guys, just looking for some advice really. I've had depression most of my life but only diagnosed last December. i'm in my early 20s now, and it's getting too much. I've been on Citalopram and it gave up and me and most recently i was on Mirtazapine.

I came off Mirtazapine about a month ago, did it properly as advised by my GP cos it was making me feel horrible.Now I felt slightly better until recently.

I've had pretty bad headaches pretty much every day (never really had headaches before) been feeling slighly sick and dizzy and very confused. The biggest problem for me is that my memory has gotten really really bad. If someone asks me to go and get something i'll have forgotten before I get out of the room. It's really bugging me as I feel stupid and I used to be pretty clever. I'm supposed to be going back to uni to resit the year in September but at this rate I don't think I'll be able to.

So, some advice would be much appreciated, is this related to my meds? Is it worth going to the GP about? I got told not to go back as they couldn't do anymore and have an appointment with a CPN/CMHT in a month but if my headaches don't go away I don't think I can wait that long tbh

Thanks in advance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's bothering you quite a lot, and for that reason it's probably worth a trip to the GP - if it's nothing, it'll just be a few minutes of your day to find out, and if it is something then hopefully they'll be able to help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think beebie is tru but, have been trying yoga?? i have been read Depression headaches can make someone stroke... but please don't to be affraid.. as long as you check up and talk to your doctor, i hope you will well be soon..

Hi, no I haven't tried yoga, maybe I should?

I just went to GP yesterday and she said they were stress headaches but she can't give me more meds until after my CPN/CMHT appointment which is in 3 weeks so basically I just have to deal with it til then.

She also told me i was unfit for work and have to hand in a line to the job center which is rubbish because I was really wanting a job for something to do. Time is passing so slow just now and I have nothing to do and no-one to see or speak to because everyone is busy at uni/work.

I just don't know what to do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i said yoga coz i think you just need relaxation.. you have too many in your head and like beebie said you just boring..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there ,

Have you ever tried amitriptyline ?
    It is an anti-depressent and is also used for migraine and daily headaches that can be associated with depression.

I was only various forms of medication trying to treat chornic headaches and migraine before they found the cause. Now that they suspect it was a bout of depression causing my headaches.
    I have been on the medication for about two months now and the change is huge !. I used to get a migraine 3-4 times a week ..and daily headaches. Now i only get one a month and the occasional daily headache,
    I would strongly recommened you asking your GP about giving amitriptyline a go for the headaches ..if you havent already.

Natural remedies such as butterbur and feverfew are also known to help headaches.

Hope i've helped in some way

xx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 14, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.