The Student Room Group

Study Help With Biology and Chemistry A2

I am due to start studying for my A2 examinations next year and I have noticed in both student books for chemistry and biology that there are stretch and challenge topics, did you find any websites or revision guides helpful when understanding these topics or providing extra information?

Also do you recommend certain websites or revision guides that have helped you studied for your upcoming examinations?

Thankyou
Reply 1
Original post by sar.h.
I am due to start studying for my A2 examinations next year and I have noticed in both student books for chemistry and biology that there are stretch and challenge topics, did you find any websites or revision guides helpful when understanding these topics or providing extra information?

Also do you recommend certain websites or revision guides that have helped you studied for your upcoming examinations?

Thankyou

Hi there :smile:
The stretch and challenge are generally there to help students achieving/ wanting to achieve As or A*s. although it helps to learn the content of the S&C sections, they are mainly meant to help you with the application questions in the A2 exams; where they take topics you learn and apply them to examples you may not have necessarily learnt about.
Generally I have just used the textbooks to learn the topics, but my teachers have also been really supportive so if you're teachers are less supportive/ you feel you need extra reading material, there are loads of revision guides available.
Also, the chemistry S&C (on OCR anyway) is rubbish, and is generally like 'if you plot this graph... Blah blah blah'
Hope that helps, and feel free to ask me any more questions!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending