The Student Room Group

OCR History B (Modern World) GCSE - 12th June 2012

How did everyone find it? I did international relations(The Inter-war years) with the USA, filled the 8 page booklet and 2 of the extra 2 page booklets, so about 11/12 pages in total. Thought it was pretty easy. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was pretty hard! The wolf one....
Reply 2
I did Protest, Law and Order. How did people find it? I found the 16 mark question kind of hard because I wasn't sure on which source was against/for the statement.
Reply 3
Original post by `God
I did Protest, Law and Order. How did people find it? I found the 16 mark question kind of hard because I wasn't sure on which source was against/for the statement.

you had a 16 mark question??
Reply 4
I did the Cold War. Went pretty well except I messed on one question by mixing up Greece and Czechoslovakia when talking about Truman sending aid to help Britain support the monarchy government :frown:
Reply 5
Also what would happen if you didn't write the name of the section you did on the front of the answer booklet?
Reply 6
Original post by ioal
same! :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by ioal

I didn't understand the wolf one, I've never heard of Bolshevism but apparently it's a type of Russian Communism
Reply 8
Original post by ioal

I had never learnt the word, but luckily I knew what 'Bolsheviks' were so took a guess on communism!
Reply 9
Let's just say I shouldn't expect an A*....

Does anyone know where I can find a source analysis for the initial source of the Paris Peace Conference?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
I found it pretty easy, except for the wolf one which no one had any idea about. I assumed it was to do with communism, so I'm sure I'll get a few marks for that question. I also spoke to my history teacher and he told us that it shouldn't have been in there as it's to do with Russia, not Germany. He said not to worry about it as very few would have managed to get it right; meaning the grade boundaries should be lower.
Reply 11
I had heard of Bolsheviks but had no idea what to put! Did anyone do International Relations for the first bit? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Rick_095
I found it pretty easy, except for the wolf one which no one had any idea about. I assumed it was to do with communism, so I'm sure I'll get a few marks for that question. I also spoke to my history teacher and he told us that it shouldn't have been in there as it's to do with Russia, not Germany. He said not to worry about it as very few would have managed to get it right; meaning the grade boundaries should be lower.

hopefully! i thought i did okay on the rest so hope this won't affect my overall grade
Reply 13
Hi, what did everyone get for the source on Germany's reaction to the blockade?
The wolf one was easy. The bolshcavicks are communists and it was set in 1919 the year of the Spartcacist uprising. It was punlished as the Weimar were trying to stop Communist uprising as there had already been 3.
Reply 15
communism :smile: I think they wanted the contextual knowledge to be about Kiel Mutiny/almost Communist Revolution/Sparticists although I can't seem to remember what I put :/ does anyone know how many marks it was??
Reply 16
Original post by YazzyH
Let's just say I shouldn't expect an A*....

Does anyone know where I can find a source analysis for the initial source of the Paris Peace Conference?

i've been googling it and can't find it anywhere :frown: if you do find it could you send me a link? thanks :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
The wolf one was easy. The bolshcavicks are communists and it was set in 1919 the year of the Spartcacist uprising. It was punlished as the Weimar were trying to stop Communist uprising as there had already been 3.

But no-one in my year has ever been taught about Bolshevism, EVER. So why did it come up? It wasn't even on the spec :s-smilie:
anyone do the first c question on the league of nations?
Reply 19
Original post by Navdeep
But no-one in my year has ever been taught about Bolshevism, EVER. So why did it come up? It wasn't even on the spec :s-smilie:

We did a little bit on communism, but not much. And we never got told the Bolsheviks and Communism was the same thing! I hope the grade boundaries will be lower because of this question, it seems everyone was stumped by it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending